What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 am

What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally had to be moved to the Ninian due to the banter from our fans as he’s wearing a Arsenal top?

Come along and be apart of the day but surely don’t wear the away team colours in the home end...
Attachments
87A334CA-5A30-4BC6-A6C7-8B21AC9842BF.jpeg
87A334CA-5A30-4BC6-A6C7-8B21AC9842BF.jpeg (86.73 KiB) Viewed 6048 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
User avatar
Forever Blue
Admin
 
Posts: 106089
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:30 am

What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:07 am

He's lucky he didn't get a clip to be fair.
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby jimmy_rat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:07 am

Just a City fan who wanted a better seat!!

Probably had a ticket front row right in the corner (Canton) and look where they've moved him too?! Best seat in the house! He's not stupid! Hahahaha
User avatar
jimmy_rat
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:21 pm
Location: Cheshire

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby bluewho » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:12 am

My view is simply only home colours in home end
Would we be allowed to do that in orther grounds
User avatar
bluewho
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:53 pm
Location: Valleys

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby CF31 Company » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:15 am

I am not to happy about him being moved to the Ninian as we have certain standards over here :ayatollah:

I think that these type of people are totally naive. I would
guess it's probabally the first game he has ever watched away from sky either that or he has some type of death wish
User avatar
CF31 Company
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:52 am
Location: Bridgend

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Bonner » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:16 am

Should never be allowed.. home colours only in home ends..
Stewards should of asked him to leave.
Bonner
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:32 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:16 am

bluewho wrote:My view is simply only home colours in home end
Would we be allowed to do that in orther grounds


100% agree. Our stewards treat our youngsters etc like shit and yet allow some knob head in with away colours in the home end total shambles.
gwentbluebirds
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Moonstomper » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:41 am

He sat by me in the Ninian, I dont think he was playing with a full deck to be honest
Couple more with him but they covered up
User avatar
Moonstomper
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:40 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:51 am

should have been thrown out end of..
dogfound
 
Posts: 5432
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby ThomasC » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:57 am

tell him to f**k off and that's all you can do. twats who let him in :clap: :clap:
Custom Kit Sportswear.
www.createakit.co.uk
User avatar
ThomasC
 
Posts: 5071
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:38 am

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 am

Why put him in the ninian to antagonize more home fans either throw him in with his lot in the away end or out of the ground. A newbie never been to cardiff probably though only a championship team sometimes i wish we could go back 20 years just to put the skids under some away fans to stop them taking the piss seen a couple of arsenal kids standing in the doorway of the ifor davies giggling in there full colours texting away and blocking the door bouncers shouls have told them to f..k off they where to young to be drinking in the pub anyway
montyblue
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby AfricanBluebird » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:43 am

Why would an opposition fan want to be in a home end let alone wear their colours?

Whats the point in having an away end if opposition supporters come into home ends?

He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I am all for having a section of the ground allocated for mixed supporters though. I have some friends from other parts of the Uk who support other teams and i wouldn't mind watching a game with them so a section allocated to mixed fans would be welcome, as long as people can put up with a bit of banter... but to come into the home end in opposition colours is just wrong.
AfricanBluebird
 
Posts: 896
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:36 am

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:55 am

firstly why the hell has he been allowed in , i thought he would of been attacked anyway, and secondly why havent they put him in the away end?
HARRYccfc1927
 
Posts: 311
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:50 pm
Location: Radyr

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:57 am

Shouldn't be allowed in the home end with away colours, isn't that the point of segregation. I've been in the home end at other grounds and been respectful even when Norwich were battering us 5-1 :lol:
User avatar
2blue2handle
 
Posts: 27642
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:02 am

ThomasC wrote:tell him to f**k off and that's all you can do. twats who let him in :clap: :clap:



I tend to agree in as much as what air-headed steward let him past the steps in the first place? :? :shock:

Have to say, there were (as predicted) quite a few Arsenal 'fans' in the Ninian Stand yesterday and it appeared most of those were definitely attending with City supporting mates

In general they kept their counsel in as much as they watched the game and didn't over celebrate the Arsenal goals (the wise thing to do) but to come in with the opposition shirt is either very naive or exceptionally provocative!

Sorry, but the only option was to stop him entering in the first place; or to turf the guy out once the definite H&S issue was identified. Like it or not, the stewards have a Duty of Care and putting the guy in the Ninian stand was not conducive to good management!

Thankfully, times have changed but there was a time when he'd have been 'helped' out by the locals! ;) :lol:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 13855
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby colin rees » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:27 am

He most probably had the ticket bought for him by another city fan. but he should not have worn the colours of the opposition.
Our stewards should have been on the ball and not allowed him access.
colin rees
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:12 am

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:02 am

2 arsenal fans were giving their tickets away because they were not in arsenal end and stewards refused them entry! :old:
User avatar
pembroke allan
 
Posts: 15210
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:00 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:14 pm

My view on him he’s a bellend that should of been chucked out of the ground.
Llan_Blue
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:55 pm

I dont see a problem with it.
I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works
thomasblue
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:58 pm

thomasblue wrote:I dont see a problem with it.
I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works


I guess you're probably an egg chaser?

It takes the atmosphere out of the game completely.
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby thomasblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:46 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I dont see a problem with it.
I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works


I guess you're probably an egg chaser?

It takes the atmosphere out of the game completely.


Nope i cant stand rugby.
I just dont see the problem with a bloke who probably lives in cardiff but supports arsenal for whatever reason going to watch his team play with his friend who is a cardiff fan. Which is likely what this was!
thomasblue
 
Posts: 3876
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Llan_Blue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:14 pm

thomasblue wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I dont see a problem with it.
I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works


I guess you're probably an egg chaser?

It takes the atmosphere out of the game completely.


Nope i cant stand rugby.
I just dont see the problem with a bloke who probably lives in cardiff but supports arsenal for whatever reason going to watch his team play with his friend who is a cardiff fan. Which is likely what this was!

No that’s why football has a good atmosphere
Llan_Blue
 
Posts: 622
Joined: Wed May 16, 2018 6:10 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:I dont see a problem with it.
I think its good that fans mix, actually have a good laugh with away fans before games in the pubs why not in the ground ?

People should be able to buy and sit where they want. Segregation seems to be a football thing most other sports are mixed stands and it works


I guess you're probably an egg chaser?

It takes the atmosphere out of the game completely.


Nope i cant stand rugby.
I just dont see the problem with a bloke who probably lives in cardiff but supports arsenal for whatever reason going to watch his team play with his friend who is a cardiff fan. Which is likely what this was!

No that’s why football has a good atmosphere


Llan knows the score :thumbup:
Against Modern Football
User avatar
CaerphillyBluebird15
 
Posts: 2478
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:09 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:50 pm

He should never have been allowed in.
llangainbluebird
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:What are your views on this man sat in the canton originally had to be moved to the Ninian due to the banter from our fans as he’s wearing a Arsenal top?

Come along and be apart of the day but surely don’t wear the away team colours in the home end...



Should be kicked out of the ground for buying a ticket in the wrong end and wearing an Arsenal top to prove it, in the 80's he would have been carried out battered and bruised.
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby pezza4646 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:29 pm

YOU DON'T JUDGE THE BOOK BY ITS COVER !!!!
HE MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!
COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE..... THERE WERE SHIT LOAD OF JAPS / CHINESE AROUND FRIGGING CAMERAS EVERYWHERE :bluebird: :digging2: :digging2:
User avatar
pezza4646
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Pentwyn, Cardiff

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby fred keenor » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Unbelievable, must be a right dickhead,asking for trouble.
fred keenor
 
Posts: 1093
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby Bluebina » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:51 pm

colin rees wrote:He most probably had the ticket bought for him by another city fan. but he should not have worn the colours of the opposition.
Our stewards should have been on the ball and not allowed him access.



Probably not a proper fan, or he would have known it's wrong to wear an Arsenal shirt the home end!!!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8483
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby brickyblue » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:16 pm

This is football not rugby its a traditional game with fans separated.
Football is banter and when fans sit together emotions and the banter only ever tend to end in a bust up .only takes one in 33k for it to kick off .
So he should of been booted out for fear he would be booted.
How stupid can you be.
I also see it as disrespectful to home fans.
User avatar
brickyblue
 
Posts: 1987
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 7:57 pm
Location: pontypridd

Re: What are your views on this man sat in the canton origin

Postby gwentbluebirds » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:17 pm

pezza4646 wrote:YOU DON'T JUDGE THE BOOK BY ITS COVER !!!!
HE MIGHT HAVE A PROBLEM !!!!!
COULD HAVE BEEN A LOT WORSE..... THERE WERE SHIT LOAD OF JAPS / CHINESE AROUND FRIGGING CAMERAS EVERYWHERE :bluebird: :digging2: :digging2:


Yeah I seen loads of these especially when bus came in
gwentbluebirds
 
Posts: 2956
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:24 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Andysince76, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 60 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.