Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MEN OF HARLECH FROM TANNOY

Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:59 pm

Thought the sound system was all over the place could not understand any of the talking, men of harlech was a complete contrast to the newcastle game quite and sounded like it was only on in one area of the ground, was not a dummy run tried earlier .

Re: MEN OF HARLECH FROM TANNOY

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:21 am

can never understand the tannoy down the city its hopeless , either that or the people speaking into it are too close to the mic and not speaking clearly enough

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:54 am

I was expecting the tannoy to really belt this out at high volume and get our crowd rocking and instead all we heard was a subdued barely audible sound? Opportunity missed which was a shame because it is such a stirring anthem. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:30 pm

The tannoy in the stadium is awful - you can hardly make out a word they are saying!!

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:35 pm

The sound system at the newcastle game was bril it was belting out you coukd feel the sound so its the people using it not switched on along with the pa bingo caller.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:52 pm

All true, the Men Of Harlech sang by the Canton though, I thought, was cracking, good work lads. I hope it takes on. :clap:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Andysince76 wrote:All true, the Men Of Harlech sang by the Canton though, I thought, was cracking, good work lads. I hope it takes on. :clap:

Agree mate and the words are being sung at away games too, rather than just the der der der. :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:43 pm

TERRYB wrote:
Andysince76 wrote:All true, the Men Of Harlech sang by the Canton though, I thought, was cracking, good work lads. I hope it takes on. :clap:

Agree mate and the words are being sung at away games too, rather than just the der der der. :bluescarf:

Fair play to everyone who has learnt the words long may it continue:ayatollah:

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:38 am

Would'nt be a good idea to put the words of men of harlech on the screens in the stadium when playing the tune so that fans can learn the words bit like karaoke .

Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:06 pm

For the first few years in the ccs the tannoy wad absolutely blasting and we couldn't understand anything. Now it's too quiet! Unless I'm going deaf, which is likely.

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:41 pm

montyblue wrote:Would'nt be a good idea to put the words of men of harlech on the screens in the stadium when playing the tune so that fans can learn the words bit like karaoke .

They used to have it on the advertising boards up top and pitch level as the players were due to come out both half’s, don’t know why they stopped

Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:48 pm

snoopystorm wrote:
montyblue wrote:Would'nt be a good idea to put the words of men of harlech on the screens in the stadium when playing the tune so that fans can learn the words bit like karaoke .

They used to have it on the advertising boards up top and pitch level as the players were due to come out both half’s, don’t know why they stopped

Because still nobody sung it so it was pointless

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:44 pm

They should try the words with Pick & Shovel. That would be fantastic if everyone sang that. It's our very own song