Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Jacks winding me up

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:21 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I think you're just trying to distance yourself from what you were suggesting now. You know exactly what you were saying and so do I . Evil deeds are always preceded by evil thoughts , and wishing badness on others who have done you no wrong is unhealthy for the cat- stranglers who sit there thinking them and their potential victims.

When people start expressing these dark obsessions in public, that's usually a danger sign. However , the fact that you are back peddling might mean that you have had a little look in the mirror.

Having a laugh and a joke with other supporters is great fun, but I think you've taken people's sense of humour too literally.

The reason why I'm not being diplomatic on this is because it's potentially very serious when individuals get carried away with such friendly rivalry , even if that's just the result of a limited understanding of events and comments they witness.
As I said previously , there is a separate posting regarding a dreadful crime which happened because someone took sporting rivalry far beyond rational limits, and we should be able to learn from that - one lesson being that when we come across someone talking that way we must challenge and refute it.
Thus I make no apology for having done so .

I’m not distancing myself from anything because there’s nothing to distance myself from.

I’m done with this to be honest I think you’ve got some issues you need to sort out in your own head. The only person that’s come on here talking about violence and evil thoughts is you.

What I’ve done is changed some words on a rival supporters flag to gays on tour. An said all fans being allowed to sit together would ruin the atmosphere at football.

If you’ve got the words hate and evil from that then your the one with problems mate.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:19 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I think you're just trying to distance yourself from what you were suggesting now. You know exactly what you were saying and so do I . Evil deeds are always preceded by evil thoughts , and wishing badness on others who have done you no wrong is unhealthy for the cat- stranglers who sit there thinking them and their potential victims.

When people start expressing these dark obsessions in public, that's usually a danger sign. However , the fact that you are back peddling might mean that you have had a little look in the mirror.

Having a laugh and a joke with other supporters is great fun, but I think you've taken people's sense of humour too literally.

The reason why I'm not being diplomatic on this is because it's potentially very serious when individuals get carried away with such friendly rivalry , even if that's just the result of a limited understanding of events and comments they witness.
As I said previously , there is a separate posting regarding a dreadful crime which happened because someone took sporting rivalry far beyond rational limits, and we should be able to learn from that - one lesson being that when we come across someone talking that way we must challenge and refute it.

What are you on about? trying to link 'friendly rivalry' as you put it to some pissed up idiots fighting in town centre? There's not even a rivalry between city and newcastle anyway, so whichever way you look at it this incident has nothing to do with swansea cardiff rivalry and and comparisons are scraping the barrel.

The fact that you can read a hyperbolic news story regarding fighting, which the news have once again pushed forward the narrative of 'football fans fight because they all hate eachother and will always fight over football', and this has helped you come to the view that we should do away with football rivalries, really is quite worrying. The guy had a football top on and was out in town. As far as I can see in that Newcastle thread, that is the only piece of evidence to suggest the fight was linked to football, rather than just linked to alcohol or anything else.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:15 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:

What are you on about? trying to link 'friendly rivalry' as you put it to some pissed up idiots fighting in town centre? There's not even a rivalry between city and newcastle anyway, so whichever way you look at it this incident has nothing to do with swansea cardiff rivalry and and comparisons are scraping the barrel.

The fact that you can read a hyperbolic news story regarding fighting, which the news have once again pushed forward the narrative of 'football fans fight because they all hate eachother and will always fight over football', and this has helped you come to the view that we should do away with football rivalries, really is quite worrying. The guy had a football top on and was out in town. As far as I can see in that Newcastle thread, that is the only piece of evidence to suggest the fight was linked to football, rather than just linked to alcohol or anything else.

No, you seem to misunderstand two things here.

Firstly I was not condemning friendly rivalry and humour which I think I said was great fun, but trying to discourage the tendency , ( which we know certainly exists) to take this too far until people start foaming at the mouth. When we start saying that we wish bad things to happen to people who support other clubs ,well that's a sign that it's going a bit too far.

Secondly, and perhaps I wasn't clear because I didn't wish to add to anyone's personal grief, I wasn't referring to the recent punch up in Cardiff apparently involving Newcastle supporters , ( which is probably more to do with Public Order and insufficient police presence ), but rather the case of the man attacked outside Wembley a few years ago.
I somehow missed that at the time - I think I must have been abroad or something - but when I saw that post I looked it up and it appears that the only provocation was that the victim was a supporter of a particular club, ( in this case Cardiff City), and it came about largely because some moron couldn't tell the difference between this " friendly rivalry" and tribal warfare. That nasty little creature progressed this rivalry in his insane mind into wishing harm and then acted to bring about such harm.

It's a fine line between rivalry , which is about banter and fun, and corrosive ill will towards opponents. Some of us are less able than others to know where to draw that line and the older more cool headed have an important duty to speak up if they see that going too far .

Mind you, I don't personally like the anti Swansea or Bristol stuff. I'd like to see Cardiff City win the Premiership with Swansea as runners up. I can understand why people in today's society with its strange edicts might want to feel part of a "tribal grouping", which is natural , because they are denied so many of their freedoms of expression and outlets of their nature, but we must nonetheless try to discourage people from crossing that fine line which I've mentioned, which is easy to do but hard to put right once stuff has happened .

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:59 pm

Watching you harp on questioning and rubbishing people’s own thoughts and feelings on why they feel a certain way about a club is doing my nut in pal.

We hate the jacks, live with it or piss off