Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Craig Bellamy Pleased “

Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:55 pm

Craig Bellamy pleased with under-18s

The youngsters clearly left a good impression on their boss after easing to a 3-1 triumph over Hull City - their fourth consecutive win of the season.

CRAIG BELLAMY:

“I was pleased with the first twenty minutes. The intensity we played at was very good and I thought both in possession and out of possession we were very good. As soon as we went two goals up we just eased off a little bit.”

“At the end of the day they sat off, sat deep and were quite direct which was fine; we just needed to keep the ball better and then find the gaps to exploit. In the last 20 minutes we were very, very good at that which allowed us then to go and win the game comfortably.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Craig Bellamy Pleased “

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:47 am

Forever Blue wrote:Craig Bellamy pleased with under-18s

The youngsters clearly left a good impression on their boss after easing to a 3-1 triumph over Hull City - their fourth consecutive win of the season.

CRAIG BELLAMY:

“I was pleased with the first twenty minutes. The intensity we played at was very good and I thought both in possession and out of possession we were very good. As soon as we went two goals up we just eased off a little bit.”

“At the end of the day they sat off, sat deep and were quite direct which was fine; we just needed to keep the ball better and then find the gaps to exploit. In the last 20 minutes we were very, very good at that which allowed us then to go and win the game comfortably.”

Obviously I'm 100% fond of Craig Bellamy and it's not my intention to attack him in any way.
However, I think he's being unwise in commenting quite so fully as a TV pundit whilst he's still working for the Club.
Without putting too fine a point on it, he tends to say more than he should about internal matters and tactics and I really wouldn't like to see this eventually result in a conflict with the manager.
He was a truly great player and remains a Cardiff City icon , but he was never known for diplomacy and I'd say that he's in a period of his career where he should be learning the art of management from Sir Neil, there being few better teachers ,rather than appearing to rock the boat in any way.
Management is different to playing of course, and I'd love to see Craig Bellamy as a future manager of the club, but I do think that he must be mindful of his position within the club when making public comments.

Re: “ Craig Bellamy Pleased “

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:53 pm

Good Luck to Bellers and the U18's for the rest of the season .