A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fighting one person in City shirt,Three men seriously injure

Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:45 pm

Three men seriously injured in Cardiff city centre fight
It happened in broad daylight on a busy Saturday afternoon

By Cathy OwenBreaking News Editor

Thursday 6th September 2018

Police issued the CCTV after the fight in Cardiff's St Mary Street

Three men were seriously injured after a fight broke out in Cardiff city centre just after Cardiff City drew with Newcastle United.

The men suffered serious injuries after the attack on St Mary Street at around 4.15pm on Saturday, August 18.

The injured men were in their 20s and from the Powys area.

One suffered a broken jaw, another had a significant eye injury requiring an emergency operation, and a third man was knocked unconscious.

Police have now issued a CCTV image of two men they want to speak to about the incident.

The city centre would have been busy at the time due to Cardiff City's game against Newcastle, which had kicked off at 12.30pm that day.

A South Wales Police spokeswoman said: "As can be seen in the CCTV image, one of the men we wish to identify was wearing a Cardiff City Football Club top."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Fighting one person in City shirt,Three men seriously in

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:42 pm

I’d be gibsmacked if no one on here knows who they are.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:58 pm

If and it is a big if, he has seriously injured three men one would think he is a trained boxer or similar. Of course nobody knows as yet but these are serous injuries.If caught he is looking at a spell in the boo !

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Maybe they had Newcastle shirts on so ‘deserved it.’

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:27 pm

maccydee wrote:Maybe they had Newcastle shirts on so ‘deserved it.’

Nobody ‘deserves’ to go to a football match and return injured regardless of the colour of their shirt

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:56 pm

snoopystorm wrote:

Nobody ‘deserves’ to go to a football match and return injured regardless of the colour of their shirt

Totally agree hence why I put deserved it in inverted commas.

It was related to the post the other day about someone wearing a visiting teams shirt.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:42 am

Don't know whats wrong with people these days... just go to a game and enjoy it FFS why find the need to act like nobs no matter what time of day

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:25 am

Indeed football is now a family day out. Retain the banter but offs etc are long gone.
Can't see the same violence that happened at Chelsea last time happening Saturday. (Well I hope not as my daughter is coming with me)

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:35 am

doesn't seem the 'lads' he's given a serious hiding to wanted to participate does it.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:50 am

castle view blu wrote:Indeed football is now a family day out. Retain the banter but offs etc are long gone.
Can't see the same violence that happened at Chelsea last time happening Saturday. (Well I hope not as my daughter is coming with me)

There will be a bit of trouble i'd imagine.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:28 pm

maccydee wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

It was related to the post the other day about someone wearing a visiting teams shirt.

If you're referring to away fans in the home end in shirts then it's completely out of context. They don't deserve to get punched but they are asking for it.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:43 pm

nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:

If you're referring to away fans in the home end in shirts then it's completely out of context. They don't deserve to get punched but they are asking for it.

Inside the ground tensions will always run high as the game ebbs and flows, so 'away' fans (even the locally based ones ;) ) shouldn't be mixed with 'home' fans

Thankfully, the (either dull or brazen) Arsenal supporter didn't come to any harm but can you imagine if he was a Swansea supporter or of a number of several other teams? :shock:

Hopefully, no issues at the Chelsea game next week but I am concerned about certain people I know to be going. Some were involved in the stupidity of the last game there where (as is often the case) they stirred it up and legged it, leaving several pretty innocent people taking the rap and even doing jail time for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time because the Law decided 'examples had to be made'! :(

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:36 am

Has just ruined his own life by wanting to look a big man.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:54 am

I'll wait for the full story to come out before I judge.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 am

RV Casual wrote:I'll wait for the full story to come out before I judge.

Also, I don't think the girl writing the article (like everyone else) has a clue what happened.

She starts off calling it a fight, then an attack, so which was it, think that's a pretty important fact in all honesty.

You only have to look at the recent Ben Stokes situation to see how these things can play out, obviously if it was an unprovoked attack then they are a bunch of dickheads who deserve what they get but I suspect this more to come from this story.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:35 am

If it is the fighting outside the cottage i seen it,about 10 Newcastle fans were drinking in the beer garden outside they were quite chopsy when i walked past and it was a matter of time before they had a slap.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:24 am

Yep. wait to see. Problem with some on here, they like to wibble, whilst knowing little.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:46 pm

RV Casual wrote:I'll wait for the full story to come out before I judge.

Finally, a comment showing common sense. He could of been the aggressor sure, but he could equally just of been defending himself and was handier with his fists than those who started it. No point judging the lad without all the facts.
:ayatollah: