Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Support your local team, not...

Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Support your local team! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Support your local team, not...

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:12 pm

Spot on, Paul! :thumbright:

We can all be a 'fan' of a certain club and the way it plays its football but 'supporting' a team means having a 'connection', i.e. being from the area, being stakeholders through buying tickets and paying to watch (if it's not a parks team like Swansea :laughing6: ), turning up in all conditions and staying loyal through thick and thin!

Watching a so-called 'successful' side on Sky TV doesn't not make someone a 'supporter' (IMHO) :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Spot on too many plastics.

Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Carlossus wrote:Spot on too many plastics.

Ironically, I don't think he was referring to our club; more the ones who don't attend the CCS (and other local clubs) in pretend favour of teams the have no real affinity too!

This is the best I could find on the term 'plastic'...

What are plastic football fans?

A plastic fan is essentially a fake fan...one whose allegiance to a team is not determined by geography or family ties.

He or she is a glory hunter. In one instance, Roger (surname removed) admits that he stopped supporting Manchester United 'because they weren't doing so well' and switched allegiance to Arsenal.