Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Manchester United fans call for Ryan Giggs to replace

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:55 am

Manchester United fans call for Ryan Giggs to replace Jose Mourinho after Wales wonder show

Friday 7th September 2019

Just one competitive game into his Welsh reign and a section of Manchester United fans are already hoping to see the Old Trafford legend replace Jose Mourinho at the Premier League giants.

Giggs' first home match in charge of Wales could not have gone any better as his side ran out 4-1 winners over the Republic of Ireland in their Nations League bow.

Wales played with a swagger that left seasoned pundits dumbfounded, some claiming they haven't seen the side play with such panache for decades.

Tom Lawrence, a Gareth Bale trademark strike, Aaron Ramsey and Connor Roberts grabbed the goals that gave Wales a measure of revenge for their World Cup qualifying heartache, at the hands of the Irish 11 months ago, in Cardiff.

Wales' style of play and the manner of their victory has sent a section of Manchester United fans scurrying onto Twitter demanding Giggs replaces under-fire Mourinho at Old Trafford.

Mourinho has a swathe of critics over the style of football he's brought to Old Trafford.

Giggs' Wales on Thursday night played the free-flowing football that reminded fans of a United team with boss Sir Alex Ferguson in his pomp.

United fans have swarmed media sites calling for Giggs to replace Mourinho.

And some think he can bring that back to Manchester, post Fergie, after some rollercoaster seasons under David Moyes, Louis van Gaal and now Mourinho.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Manchester United fans call for Ryan Giggs to replace

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:03 pm

If offered the job tomorrow I think he'd walk away from Wales without any thought..

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:09 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:If offered the job tomorrow I think he'd walk away from Wales without any thought..

Wales is just a stepping stone for a big club.

But just look at what happened to Chris Coleman :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:18 pm

I can see Giggs there in the future but I honestly think Zidane will replace Mourinho at OT 1st

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:If offered the job tomorrow I think he'd walk away from Wales without any thought..

I agree but my point is, he doesn't care for welsh football. :oops:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:20 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed, thats why I am not a fan of his.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:25 pm

Agreed

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:34 pm

He'll be gone quicker than sam alladyce in the england seat if they offer him the united job .

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed, thats why I am not a fan of his.

And why Craig Bellamy should have got the job! :thumbright:

One result does not make Giggs 'The International Special One' and (let's be honest) any one of a number of managers could do the job with the likes of 'Galactico' Gareth Bale and the likes of Aaron Ramsey in its ranks...

Chris Coleman was a good example of that! ;) :thumbright:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:58 pm

It's early days yet what if we get beat heavily in Denmark on Sunday or if we get a run of bad results will they be saying united want him then don't forget he nearly had the United job before he might not want it as they preferred Jose he might even say they can wait as I said early days yet

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:06 pm

I think any manager would do that though tbh. Manchester Utd are one of the biggest clubs in world football where you can work with world class players week in week out and have a budget of 200m to spend. You'd have to be mad to turn that down. I don't like the guy personally but we need to get behind him as our national team manager, and I hope he does well for Wales sake

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:17 pm

Welsh FA are not the biggest payers and to be honest I would think alot of championship managers are on more than Giggs.If the english FA can't compete with the top clubs how can we?

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:33 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Welsh FA are not the biggest payers and to be honest I would think alot of championship managers are on more than Giggs.If the english FA can't compete with the top clubs how can we?

Because managing your country should not have a value. For me, that's the dream ( if I were a manager )

Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Name any manager in world football who would not walk away from a club if man u offered job to them? With exception of real, Barca and man c of course. :laughing6:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Name any manager in world football who would not walk away from a club if man u offered job to them? With exception of real, Barca and man c of course. :laughing6:

Warnock, he loves the City :lol:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

People are missing the point here...

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:12 pm

I would laugh my head off if united hired giggs

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:19 pm

rossblue wrote:I would laugh my head off if united hired giggs

Me and you be fighting for charity now Ross :laughing5:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

What is the point?
Looks like just some gifts bashing because they can't do it about the result or performance.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What is the point?
Looks like just some gifts bashing because they can't do it about the result or performance.

The FAW have backed him when perhaps it should've been Bellamy or even Osian so I think he should show his full commitment.
He never seemed bothered as a player and I believe he'd leave the managers position at the drop of a hat given the opportunity.
Time will tell but for me, and many other fans, he has a lot to do for people to start getting behind him.

Having said that....Last nights performance was the best I've seen us play ( I think ) :thumbright:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Have to agree with this.

Not a fan of Giggs as wales manager. But if he gets us consistantly playing like last night then you have to give him credit. Performances like that will definitely win over the fans. Hope he does well for welsh football.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What is the point?

The FAW have backed him when perhaps it should've been Bellamy or even Osian so I think he should show his full commitment.
He never seemed bothered as a player and I believe he'd leave the managers position at the drop of a hat given the opportunity.
Time will tell but for me, and many other fans, he has a lot to do for people to start getting behind him.

Having said that....Last nights performance was the best I've seen us play ( I think ) :thumbright:

Faw didn't back him against anything they offered him a job, why should bellamy or anyone else have had the job before him Because they turned up for friendlies? He missed friendlies so what he had 65 caps all meaningful games, other players may have more caps but count real games and deduct friendlies not a lot difference with giggs I bet in fact wouldn't surprise me if he as more ? How much committed can you get He turned up for women's game other night and he turned up last night! :o people are bashing him on basis he missed friendly games, is that relevant after last night and the 3 previous games don't think so :old:

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Can tell the people who hoped Giggs would fail now can’t we.

Of course he’d leave the wales job for the Man Utd managers job.

Every single manager we have ever had would leave the Wales job for the Man Utd one. EVERY SINGLE ONE!!

Manchester United are one of the biggest clubs in the world like them or hate them. An Ryan Giggs is one of the biggest legends in that clubs history. If your going to pick something to beat him with because you can’t do it with the results then your going to have to come up something better then stating the bloody obvious.

An for the record Bellamy would probably ditch Wales for the Liverpool managers job just as quick. This job would of been a stepping stone for him as well. We are Wales not Brazil we’ve qualified for one tournament in years (because it was expanded) don’t forget that.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Depends on the purse number lol

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:38 pm

Nearly every manager says when managing there own fellow countrymen and country says its there proudest moment of there lives and the ultimate job until someone comes up with a better offer and pride goes out of the window we all know giggs does'nt need to do it for the money its his boyhood club and 1st home it would be farcical if they did offer him the job in a months time, the f.a.w. would look even more stupid, mark hughes dropped wales in the middle of a tournament. Personally i don't think they would take the chance on giggs he was there and got pushed out by the chosen one if giggs gets us to the world cup final they would then offer him the job .

Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:49 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

What is the point?

Why should it have been Bellamy? Don't get that one. You could make a case for Osian but wouldn't be my choice.

To me he was the only logical choice we had.

I'm not sure he would leave us at the drop of a hat but I do agree most if not all would see Wales as a stepping stone like all the previous managers.

Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:41 pm

International football is an inferior product. If the World Cup wasn’t available for free and plugged mercilessly on terrestrial TV, no one would care. Very few people would pay to watch it. That’s why someone with no managerial experience can get the job as an international manager - all of the best managers and coaches are in club football.

I have little respect for Giggs for the way he has used Wales as a player, and now as a manager, in order to improve his own career. He was undoubtedly a very talented player but I’m not sure about him as a person (although I haven’t spoken to him since he was 17!)

Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:13 am

What are people talking about here ?

Two blokes in Craig Bellamy and Ryan Giggs with very little managerial experience between them !

Let's hope they both have a future in management if they want it, but neither is a serious candidate fir a big club at this point.

As far as questioning people's motivation goes, that's mystifying really. Giggs is doing the job and doing it well so far - what exactly do you want from him ? Should he perform a human sacrifice before the game or something ?

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:42 am

rossblue wrote:

Depends on the purse number lol

Stop being aggressive you two or I’ll have to step in.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Some of the comments on here, just wow.

He doesn't care about Wales, yeah ok, multi millionaire doesn't need to work again for the rest of his life if he doesn't want to.

Have a day off :roll: