Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CAUSES FOR CONCERN?

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:57 am

CAUSES FOR CONCERN?

By Daniel Cope

Saturday 8th September 2018

Some Cardiff fans have been frustrated by the form of Danish striker Kenneth Zohore with fanJoshua — who also thinks Cardiff will finish 15th — adding that the Dane "hasn't showed any enthusiasm on the pitch."

Other players weren't immune from criticism, as Cardiff fan David Cope criticised the form of captain Sean Morrison.

He said: "He lacks pace for the Premier League, his positional play isn't great and his finishing from set pieces has been poor."

Fans also echoed the shouts of Warnock by saying they need a striker with fans describing it the "obvious position for improvement".

Calls were made for Charlie Austin to be brought in from Southampton in January. Some fans also argued that Cardiff's squad depth was weak with one fan saying "they need to bring in a central midfielder and quality centre-back because the squad depth is not quite there yet."

Re: CAUSES FOR CONCERN?

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:01 am

Every fan is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that there are a lot more teams below us in the English football league pyramid than there are above us and I’m grateful for our current elevated position. We can’t change the clubs past and there’s no point - from a fans perspective - in worrying about the future, so let’s just enjoy the present!

I have a feeling many people will look back on the Warnock era akin to the Eddie May years, with find memories; and one day claim they were the best seasons supporting Cardiff City. They just don’t know it yet. :thumbup:

Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:53 pm

I think people are being a bit harsh on Zohore he clearly hasn't been fit, I think Warnock said he didn't train for 2 weeks and didn't feature to often pre season. The service he had against Huddersfield was about as worse as I've ever seen in a football game.

Hopefully next time he gets a chance he takes it, for now Ward will be first choice.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:53 pm

People who've never played competitive sport at a decent level have some ridiculous expectations don't they ?
These guys are not bloody robots you know - they get tired and make mistakes occasionally. There's no man on the planet who'll do it right every single time and all the players mentioned are generally very reliable so perhaps some of those who've been quoted on these daft comments should be a bit more realistic .
They should try something which they generally find quite easy - I don't know, flip a coin or something ,after they've been running hard for an hour and received a few bangs on the head and the odd kick here and there, then see whether it's a bit harder.
We can't avoid fatigue in football however fit people are, so we're never going to stop mistakes happening. All anyone can do is try to keep them to a minimum and I think the boys are doing that very well actually .

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:49 pm

Morrison getting criticised?? Wow! They must have astronomically high standards and totally forgotten the past 18 months!

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:55 pm

Matt_b wrote:Morrison getting criticised?? Wow! They must have astronomically high standards and totally forgotten the past 18 months!

Or more than likely didn’t see any of them play before in the last 18months