Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ENGLAND UP THEMSELVES AGAIN

Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:50 pm

Just watching sky 45 mins before kick off not one mention of spain at all 100% England talk. Wales on thursday against ireland we had irish in the studuo talks about the irish ,interview with sheamus coalman what a contrast all england punditory and gloating all england pannel.

Re: ENGLAND UP THEMSELVES AGAIN

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:01 pm

I'm not sure this is as much about it being England or more about the the UK affinity with Southern Ireland.

It always confuses me how much coverage we give to what is in fact a totally different country to the UK.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:47 pm

Personally i want to hear about the opposition to see what where up against and in the interest of fairness.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm

I want to hear them bang on a out how amazing England are and the world cup was so good for them... Then watch them lose to Spain. Another team who's massively fallen from grace. Gutted.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:40 pm

Yeah the English seem to think there one of the best teams in the world now. Back to there normal up there own ass selves.

They did well getting to the semi final in the World Cup and I was supporting them to go all the way. But they had the massive luck of the draw. They are nowhere near the forth best team in the world.

There all going to come back down to earth with a bang soon and it’s going to probably cost the guy who was being called Sir Gareth after it his job. The one thing the Nations league is going to do is show the English what level they are really at no thinking they are world beaters with there easy qualifying groups.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:09 pm

Those world beaters have lost their last 3 games.
Thry haven't done that for 30 years

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:19 pm

Sir Gareth. Lol. All he did was create a bunch of guys that actually got along!

Just goes to show how wrong everyone before him was getting it!!

Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:39 pm

montyblue wrote:Just watching sky 45 mins before kick off not one mention of spain at all 100% England talk. Wales on thursday against ireland we had irish in the studuo talks about the irish ,interview with sheamus coalman what a contrast all england punditory and gloating all england pannel.

And that's different to S4C how?

I watched the game on S4C which is our channel mate, there was John Hartson and OTJ on there speaking in our native tongue, there was nobody from Eire on the panel, they interviewed nobody from Eire, and barely spoke about Eire, if it pisses you off that much learn your mother tongue and watch on S4C, it sounds like it would be right up your street.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:40 pm

RV CASUAL "MATE"
who' s on about s4c
I was on about england up themselves on sky sports channel or are you saying thats an english channel only and only english people allowed on the program i just thought the other night when Wales where on it was much more balanced program than tonights, as regards my welshness i am very comfortable with it but you mate seem to be uncomfortable with s4c because that is totally a welsh station and to have anybody on the program other than a welsh speaker would look a bit ridiculous sat there with an interpreter.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Got beat by another decent team. Gareth needs to bring his waistcoat out again lol

Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:29 pm

montyblue wrote:RV CASUAL "MATE"
who' s on about s4c
I was on about england up themselves on sky sports channel or are you saying thats an english channel only and only english people allowed on the program i just thought the other night when Wales where on it was much more balanced program than tonights, as regards my welshness i am very comfortable with it but you mate seem to be uncomfortable with s4c because that is totally a welsh station and to have anybody on the program other than a welsh speaker would look a bit ridiculous sat there with an interpreter.

You said it was all about England and not much talk of Spain. I didn't even watch it, that's how little interest I had in it, but you clearly did, ask yourself why?

Sky isn't an English Chanel no, but is BSKYB or whatever they brand themselves these days, they play to an audience, and I would imagine 99% of people tuning into the game would have been English with the other 1% being made up of bitter Welsh and Scots making posts like this.

The reason the Welsh/Ireland game was probably more balanced in terms of coverage is because there were probably as any Irish watching it as Welsh. The reason they didn't have anyone from Ireland on S4C was because very few were probably watching S4C from Ireland, just like not many people from Spain were probably watching this game on Sky from Spain.

In Spain they probably had it on their own channels, and guess what, I doubt they had anyone from England in the studio and I doubt they gave England much coverage

Get over it 'mate'.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 am

How didn't they get on?? Did they continue their losing streak against decent teams?? :ayatollah: :laughing6: bloody foreigners!! Well done Spain!!! :thumbup:

Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:42 am

RV Casual wrote:
montyblue wrote:RV CASUAL "MATE"
who' s on about s4c

You said it was all about England and not much talk of Spain. I didn't even watch it, that's how little interest I had in it, but you clearly did, ask yourself why?

Sky isn't an English Chanel no, but is BSKYB or whatever they brand themselves these days, they play to an audience, and I would imagine 99% of people tuning into the game would have been English with the other 1% being made up of bitter Welsh and Scots making posts like this.

The reason the Welsh/Ireland game was probably more balanced in terms of coverage is because there were probably as any Irish watching it as Welsh. The reason they didn't have anyone from Ireland on S4C was because very few were probably watching S4C from Ireland, just like not many people from Spain were probably watching this game on Sky from Spain.

In Spain they probably had it on their own channels, and guess what, I doubt they had anyone from England in the studio and I doubt they gave England much coverage

Get over it 'mate'.

99% English. You are ever so thick 'mate' :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: DER

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 am

I would suggest that international football is quite a niche product, especially glorified international friendlies. Fans in general don't get involved until the knockout stages in major tournaments when the wider nationalist tendencies take over.
So on that premise deep England fans are the main audience, so they are playing to that group. I would say the S4C coverage falls into exactly the same category.

You can fiddle facts as much as you want, but England came 4th in the last world cup, no one can depute that. They are playing in a much harder group than we are because of their standing.
The sky coverage is what i expected and didn't really pay any attention to the Current and Former England players on the panel were saying as i wouldn't if we had current and recently former players on the panel as they make the worse analysts.

The irony is at the highest level, England are the Cardiff City of the elite group. They have a system, work hand, have bags of pace up front and the flanks but require set plays to score.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:57 am

llan bluebird wrote:I would suggest that international football is quite a niche product, especially glorified international friendlies. Fans in general don't get involved until the knockout stages in major tournaments when the wider nationalist tendencies take over.
So on that premise deep England fans are the main audience, so they are playing to that group. I would say the S4C coverage falls into exactly the same category.

You can fiddle facts as much as you want, but England came 4th in the last world cup, no one can depute that. They are playing in a much harder group than we are because of their standing.
The sky coverage is what i expected and didn't really pay any attention to the Current and Former England players on the panel were saying as i wouldn't if we had current and recently former players on the panel as they make the worse analysts.

The irony is at the highest level, England are the Cardiff City of the elite group. They have a system, work hand, have bags of pace up front and the flanks but require set plays to score.

:shock: don't tell the English-Germans that :o :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am

I'm sure that if you'd watched it on Spanish TV they'd have been concentrating on Spain.
I suppose these comments are a reflection of the learned divisive nature of our current insane society. I'm seeing people write about the English as if they're some foreign country, which is nonsense.
If people understood the history they'd know this, but I'm not going to start explaining it here. Have a look what the population of Cardiff and the South Wales valleys was in 1800 before they found coal and iron and needed big docks to export it, then see what it was in 1900 and ask yourself where these people came from .

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:02 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:I'm sure that if you'd watched it on Spanish TV they'd have been concentrating on Spain.
I suppose these comments are a reflection of the learned divisive nature of our current insane society. I'm seeing people write about the English as if they're some foreign country, which is nonsense.
If people understood the history they'd know this, but I'm not going to start explaining it here. Have a look what the population of Cardiff and the South Wales valleys was in 1800 before they found coal and iron and needed big docks to export it, then see what it was in 1900 and ask yourself where these people came from .

Never mind Brexit (doomed to never happen), roll on WEXIT :ayatollah: :old: