Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:57 pm

:o

Are you drunk ?

Re: Should Slade be Honoured by cardiff

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:12 pm

:lol:

Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:14 pm

Maybe we should Honour Kelvin Ethuhu an all.. for that time he came on once and we were all like “Jesus this lads quick”.

Just that

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:57 am

Most unfairly maglined Cardiff manager I can ever think of, I am ashamed of the comments many of my fellow city followers have made. He was up against it from the very start.He was not the big name or high profile manager everybody wanted.He finished top half of the table despite all the ramifications that arose from his predecessors.If he was as bad as what many fans made out we would have been relegated for sure. Band wagon criticism at its very worse.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 am

Carlossus wrote:Most unfairly maglined Cardiff manager I can ever think of, I am ashamed of the comments many of my fellow city followers have made. He was up against it from the very start.He was not the big name or high profile manager everybody wanted.He finished top half of the table despite all the ramifications that arose from his predecessors.If he was as bad as what many fans made out we would have been relegated for sure. Band wagon criticism at its very worse.

Although he was working in very restrained financial circumstances the suggestion in this particular thread that he might be considered for some sort of honour is indeed laughable. With the sackings the guy has had in his career, he must have a season ticket down at the job centre :)

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:13 am

:o :shock:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:54 am

mugsy wrote:
Carlossus wrote:Most unfairly maglined Cardiff manager I can ever think of, I am ashamed of the comments many of my fellow city followers have made. He was up against it from the very start.He was not the big name or high profile manager everybody wanted.He finished top half of the table despite all the ramifications that arose from his predecessors.If he was as bad as what many fans made out we would have been relegated for sure. Band wagon criticism at its very worse.

Although he was working in very restrained financial circumstances the suggestion in this particular thread that he might be considered for some sort of honour is indeed laughable. With the sackings the guy has had in his career, he must have a season ticket down at the job centre :)

I agree with a lot of Carlossus post. Slade did an admirable job under restrictive circumstances and probably didn't get the praise he deserved for getting us to 8 place. He would definitely have done a better job than Paul Trollope the following season.

However, the OP suggested he should be 'Honoured' for his work which is a bit OTT. What I would say is he should be apricated more for the job he did and he definitely played a part in turning this club around.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:25 am

And a statue for A Cornelius. f.sake.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:41 am

UNFAIRLY. :lol:
was a 100% yes man with no backbone when what our club NEEDED was {what we have now }someone to believe in their convictions and guide our in experienced owner...which is the exact opposite to RS..seems to pick up a living being the yes man at a string of clubs with similar inexperienced owners..

852 games zero promotions..i think the LMA should give him some sort of wooden spoon honour myself.
because i cant think of another manager thats managed that..

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:56 am

He was honoured....he somehow got the job!

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:33 am

A very odd suggestion; particularly given the lack of respect the club has shown to more deserving staff in recent times, i.e. Super Kev McNaughton (who had to wait an eternity for his testimonial) and Peter 'Whitts' Whittingam (looking like he's not going to get one at all now)

Better managers than Russell Slade haven't had the recognition they deserved under equally (if not more) testing circumstances and I think the OP needs to stay away from the keyboard when under the influence... ;)

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:41 pm

dogfound wrote:

was a 100% yes man with no backbone when what our club NEEDED was {what we have now }someone to believe in their convictions and guide our in experienced owner...which is the exact opposite to RS..seems to pick up a living being the yes man at a string of clubs with similar inexperienced owners..

852 games zero promotions..i think the LMA should give him some sort of wooden spoon honour myself.

Have admired many of your comments on this forum but stick to my guns on this one.Slade done a good job at Leyton Orient and was popular with the fans there ,he is no Neil Warnock but under the circumstances did a good job for us and whose to know what the circumstances were at his other jobs, I still say criticism of him was unfair, his treatment all I can say is comparable to a pack of wild dogs scenting blood.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:46 pm

Carlossus wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Have admired many of your comments on this forum but stick to my guns on this one.Slade done a good job at Leyton Orient and was popular with the fans there ,he is no Neil Warnock but under the circumstances did a good job for us and whose to know what the circumstances were at his other jobs, I still say criticism of him was unfair, his treatment all I can say is comparable to a pack of wild dogs scenting blood.

he took over a club disappointed to not have had a better start considering the squad we had .then finished 11th..
how can one manager be slaughtered for the poor start and anyone think the next guy getting 11th was some sort of achievement.? {bournemouth btw had same points as us when RS arrived and finished champions,so it was hardly too late to turn around with a dozen or more championship winners plus many internationals }..

and personally i found the football bland..we werre a club with better players than at least 2/3rds of the division finishing mid table without any real system, not a disaster but an underachievement never the less...our ST numbers halved, and many with STs just didnt turn up ..

orient btw although not spending on transfers had a top 6 wage bill.and for once Russ managed to not under achieve.

bloke would have been sacked by xmas if Tan didnt have that..he will be here as long as Wengers been at Arsenal head on..

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:49 pm

No he was a shit manager a decent one would of easily got us into the play offs. Warnock would of probably won the league :lol:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Didn't he just happen to be the manager when the club paid off most of the solkjaer signings. Could have been anyone

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:46 pm

dogfound wrote:
Carlossus wrote:
dogfound wrote:

he took over a club disappointed to not have had a better start considering the squad we had .then finished 11th..
how can one manager be slaughtered for the poor start and anyone think the next guy getting 11th was some sort of achievement.? {bournemouth btw had same points as us when RS arrived and finished champions,so it was hardly too late to turn around with a dozen or more championship winners plus many internationals }..

and personally i found the football bland..we werre a club with better players than at least 2/3rds of the division finishing mid table without any real system, not a disaster but an underachievement never the less...our ST numbers halved, and many with STs just didnt turn up ..

orient btw although not spending on transfers had a top 6 wage bill.and for once Russ managed to not under achieve.

bloke would have been sacked by xmas if Tan didnt have that..he will be here as long as Wengers been at Arsenal head on..

Our attendance jumped down by about 5000 the very next game after we went back to blue ,very strange coincidence, sudden impact nothing to do with performances , I would say many of them thought weve had our way, now up yours.I know I have a harsh opinion in that respect but thats what it is.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:00 pm

no bye

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:02 pm

More chance of Noddy Holder getting a recognition. :laughing6:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:12 pm

Slade was a nice guy. He was hired to do a job and did it. Some people say he did well 'in the circumstances'. I'd disagree. Inherited a bloated squad, full of talented players. Getting rid off a load probably made his job easier 'in the circumstances'.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:No

I agree no

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:44 pm

Should Slade be honoured by Cardiff ? What for ? For sending me to sleep Zzzzzzz

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:04 am

Look I actually think Slade was ok. He wasn’t brilliant but he certainly wasn’t as bad as some make out. Id say just above average really. He came to manage us at a time when we were feeling quite low, we’d been relegated and we were playing in that awful red colour so many fans were angry for a start. It didn’t work out with OGS and also many expected us to bounce back up. The trouble was we had spent quite abit of money and did t have access to a lot of bugjet so all in all, I actually though he did ok. We almost sneaked into the a play off place but it was just a step too far really. He gave me some good memories -doing over Bristol city, a match at home against Derby I think it was when we sold quite a good number of tickets for that. He was ok and I think he was given a lot of unfair stick. Also many were calling for his head and asking for Trollope to take over whilst he was still our manager. I heard many saying we are doing well because of Trollope not slade but in actual fact it wouldn’t surprise me if it was Slade having a good impact. We saw what happened with Trollope - say no more. However, an honour is going too far. I think it would be fair to acknowledge him somewhere between average and good at a time when let’s face it, it was tough times. I thought comments from our fans towards him was really distasteful.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 am

He also took over after a lot of damage had been done by OGS (wasn’t it around the end of September or so) with quite a few losses under our belt already. If he taken over at the start of the season, perhaps we would have gained more points and even made the playoffs? I think Neil Warnock had a far more difficult job to bring us up from near enough bottom and then get us promoted against a lot of odds the following season. Warnock took over us even later during a season as well. I have to say I wonder if you could put Slade above Malky?

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:48 pm

He was even worse. Should get a price pulling of the best scam of prentending to be a football manager. Funny Rhydog, really! Thumb up!

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:30 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:He also took over after a lot of damage had been done by OGS (wasn’t it around the end of September or so) with quite a few losses under our belt already. If he taken over at the start of the season, perhaps we would have gained more points and even made the playoffs? I think Neil Warnock had a far more difficult job to bring us up from near enough bottom and then get us promoted against a lot of odds the following season. Warnock took over us even later during a season as well. I have to say I wonder if you could put Slade above Malky?

was 3 loses to 3 clubs that ended up on 78 points or more...you sack a guy for UNDER ACHIEVING..then appoint a guy who not only equals the under achieving but excludes 7 players after just a few days and then proceeds to empty the ground...
i hate Malky with a passion but he was a real manager not a glorified toilet roll holder.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:He also took over after a lot of damage had been done by OGS (wasn’t it around the end of September or so) with quite a few losses under our belt already. If he taken over at the start of the season, perhaps we would have gained more points and even made the playoffs? I think Neil Warnock had a far more difficult job to bring us up from near enough bottom and then get us promoted against a lot of odds the following season. Warnock took over us even later during a season as well. I have to say I wonder if you could put Slade above Malky?

was 3 loses to 3 clubs that ended up on 78 points or more...you sack a guy for UNDER ACHIEVING..then appoint a guy who not only equals the under achieving but excludes 7 players after just a few days and then proceeds to empty the ground...
i hate Malky with a passion but he was a real manager not a glorified toilet roll holder.

Come on dogfound I thought you were better than that sort of satire,

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:

He was even worse. Should get a price pulling of the best scam of prentending to be a football manager. Funny Rhydog, really! Thumb up!

Wondered when youd come on never got anything good to say. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:02 pm

mugsy wrote:

agree - OP is clearly a troll.

he did a decent job under very difficult circumstances, though.