Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Harry Arter and Roy Keane,Keane called Arter every name unde

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:20 am

Harry Arter and Roy Keane

The story....

http://www.punditarena.com/football/...roy-keane-row/

The dispute between Ireland assistant manager Roy Keane and midfielder Harry Arter led to the latter stepping away from the international set-up.

Arter made himself unavailable for Ireland’s games against Wales and Poland following an alleged row between himself and Keane in June – something which manager Martin O’Neill didn’t deny.

While that argument taking place has become accepted, the details of what went down haven’t been divulged until now.

The Sunday World, via The Irish Sun, makes some bombshell claims about what Keane said to the Cardiff man.

The medical staff at the FAI reportedly told Arter to sit out a training session, which enraged the already fiery Corkman. Seeking out the player, Keane called him a “prick” and a “wanker” among other vulgar insults, stating that he didn’t rate the 28-year-old and would pick him if he were in charge.

It also wasn’t the first time that they have clashed.

“Keane went looking for the players and it’s clear that he was going to tell them what he thought of them,” the source is quoted as saying.

“If a player is told he should not train by doctors, he can’t ignore that advice and possibly aggravate a problem. That’s why everyone was confused about Keane’s attitude.

“Keane went for it. He called Arter every name under the sun, but we should not be surprised by that and it is not the first time they have clashed in recent years.

“Arter didn’t say much and just went back into his room and a few players went in with him, but no one who witnessed that was surprised when he said he would not be coming back.”

O’Neill wasn’t present, but has since backed his assistant – perhaps a mistake according to the source.

“Keane probably told O’Neill his version of events, but he must realise now that this was well over the top.”

Re: Harry Arter and Roy Keane,Keane called Arter every name

Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:49 am

Nothing changes Keane has always been a loud mouthed thug. Sack the Tw**.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:15 am

More than decent player when kept under (some) control by Cloughie and Sir Alex but let his country (you know, the one he currently pretends to care about) down massively!

Since then, he's been a failed club manager, deliberately confrontational, anti-social, anti-establishment and crass!

I've asked before...what is the point in Roy Keane? :? :oops: :oops:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:51 am

If Ireland don't improve significantly against Poland then I can see Keane being sacked. I mean what does he even do anyway?

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Lets hope the stand off remains
Good for cardiff good for wales if arter is not playing for them.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:39 pm

montyblue wrote:Lets hope the stand off remains
Good for cardiff good for wales if arter is not playing for them.

I think exactly the same. He is going to miss games with suspension (sooner than later the way he lunges in) so the last we wanted is him having 2 extra games here to pull something...

Well done Harry for sticking to your guns - club is more important at the minute :)

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:12 pm

https://youtu.be/00STt2qwpiE

Stephen Ward (allegedly) explaining all.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Said it before and will say it again Keane is a grade A tw*t. He deliberately ended a players career with a horrifying tackle that he admitted was intentional. He should of been thrown out of the game there and then but that prick has popped up everywhere from manager To assistant manger to being a miserable tw*t ass pundit.
As you can guess I really don’t like the bloke. :lol: :lol:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:58 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Said it before and will say it again Keane is a grade A tw*t. He deliberately ended a players career with a horrifying tackle that he admitted was intentional. He should of been thrown out of the game there and then but that prick has popped up everywhere from manager To assistant manger to being a miserable tw*t ass pundit.
As you can guess I really don’t like the bloke. :lol: :lol:

Took the words out of my mouth :laughing5: The guy is a cnut :sleepy2: :sleepy2: