MATCH THREAD “ CHELSEA v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Chelsea v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:00 pm

Chelsea win
47%
Cardiff City win
30%
Draw
23%

Total votes : 30

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:00 pm

CHELSEA v CARDIFF CITY
Saturday 15th September, 3pm
Premier League
Stamford Bridge

Cardiff have sold their full allocation of 3,000 tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Camarasa, Arter, Ralls, Hoilett; Reid, Ward

Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Richard, Zohore, Paterson, Cunningham, Madine

14/09/18

Nei Warnock on injuries

“I’m not aware of anything untoward."
“Murphy is training but whether he’ll be involved on Saturday, I’m not sure.
“He wants to be but with Mendez-Laing out for a long time we’ll have to be careful.”

Sky Bet Match Odds

Chelsea - 1/6
Cardiff City - 16/1 :shock: :shock:
Draw - 11/2

12/09/18 Injury update

Aside from Nathaniel Mendez-Laing’s long-term knee ligament injury, there will be a few players whose fitness Cardiff City are sweating on ahead of this weekend.

Josh Murphy missed the game against Arsenal with a niggle, Junior Hoilett didn’t appear 100 per cent fit after a groin problem and of course there’s Aron Gunnarsson hoping to fight his way back.

This Friday in Neil Warnock updates the fans on here, we will here an update :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Chelsea:
Cesc Fabregas is a doubt for the Blues with a knee injury, but Sarri has no other injury worries to contend with

C1BFD451-4A14-46C1-A6B1-7035EE5C7B91.jpeg
C1BFD451-4A14-46C1-A6B1-7035EE5C7B91.jpeg (119.52 KiB) Viewed 3719 times

About Chelsea

Chelsea Football Club is a professional football club in London, England, that competes in the Premier League. Founded in 1905, the club's home ground since then has been Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea won the First Division title in 1955, followed by various cup competitions between 1965 and 1971. The past two decades have seen sustained success, with the club winning 23 trophies since 1997. In total, the club has won 28 major trophies; six titles, eight FA Cups, five League Cups and four FA Community Shields, one UEFA Champions League, two UEFA Cup Winners' Cups, one UEFA Europa League and one UEFA Super Cup.

Chelsea's regular kit colours are royal blue shirts and shorts with white socks. The club's crest has been changed several times in attempts to re-brand the club and modernise its image. The current crest, featuring a ceremonial lion rampant regardant holding a staff, is a modification of the one introduced in the early 1950s. The club have the sixth-highest average all-time attendance in English football, and for the 2017–18 season at 41,280. Since 2003, Chelsea have been owned by Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich. In 2018, they were ranked by Forbes magazine as the seventh most valuable football club in the world, at £1.54 billion ($2.06 billion) and in the 2016–17 season it was the eighth highest-earning football club in the world, having earned €428 million.

Previous Meeting

We last played Chelsea in May 2014, which was our final match in the Premier League before this season. We lost 2-1 at the Cardiff City Stadium. Cesar Azpilicueta scored an own goal to give us a first half lead, before two quick goals in the second half by Andre Schurrle and Fernando Torres got the three points for Chelsea.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Chelsea: Kepa, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Willian, Hazard, Morata

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Ralls, Arter, Camarasa, Hoilett, Reid, Ward

Form - Last Three Games

Chelsea 2-0 AFC Bournemouth
Newcastle United 1-2 Chelsea
Chelsea 3-2 Arsenal

Cardiff City 2-3 Arsenal
Cardiff City 1-3 Norwich City
Huddersfield Town 0-0 Cardiff City

Match Odds

Chelsea - 1/5
Cardiff City - 12/1
Draw - 11/2

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST NEWS “ CHELSEA v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:09 pm

Cardiff have sold their full allocation of 3,000 tickets :thumbright: :bluebird:

Match Odds

Chelsea - 1/5
Cardiff City - 12/1
Draw - 11/2
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BarmyArmy123 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:24 pm

To be honest, all I can see happening is a 3-0 loss. Hope I’m wrong! :ayatollah:
BarmyArmy123

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 pm

The perfect game for madine if its a no hope game.
montyblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Cardiff City will not travel to Chelsea on Saturday intending to "shut shop" according to manager Neil Warnock.

The Bluebirds travel to Stamford Bridge without a win to face a Chelsea side who have won all four league matches this season under Maurizio Sarri.

However the veteran manager insists his side will try and take the game to the 2016-17 champions.

"If you shut shop at Stamford Bridge you're going to get picked off and lose by two or three anyway," said Warnock.

"So you may as well have a go, you just have to hope you don't leave yourself wide open to a pasting.
Cardiff, who scored their first goals of the Premier League campaign in a 3-2 defeat to Arsenal will be hoping to register their first away goal at the Bridge.

However perhaps the tougher task will be keeping out a Chelsea side who have scored at least two goals in each of the four Premier League matches this season.

"All the goals we conceded (against Arsenal) could have been prevented and we are working on that, it has probably been our strength this season," added Warnock.

"Although we went forward better it was disappointing to concede goals like we did because we have not conceded goals like that over the last 12 months."
"We are looking forward to the test and with Manchester City to follow it doesn't get much tougher than that."
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:15 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

'We might as well have a go against Chelsea'

Neil Warnock wants Cardiff City to ‘have a go’ against Chelsea this weekend, using similar tactics to the ones that nearly got a result against Arsenal.

“If you shut shop at Stamford Bridge you’re going to get picked off and lose by two or three anyway."

"So you may as well have a go, you just have to hope you don’t leave yourself wide open to a pasting."

“We are looking forward to the test and with Manchester City to follow it doesn’t get much tougher than that.”
Attachments
0_Huddersfield-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League-John-Smiths-Stadium-3.jpg
0_Huddersfield-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League-John-Smiths-Stadium-3.jpg (18.31 KiB) Viewed 3302 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Carlossus » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:21 pm

3000 fans going to Chelsea, every one knows what we are up against, expect some noise whatever the outcome, were there to support and wont be quietened,could make some difference :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
Carlossus

Postby pengamblue » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:59 pm

Great Post M8 THATS THE ATTITUDE, GET BEHIND THE TEAM BLUEBIRDS
pengamblue

Postby TheHangedMan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:47 am

We might not be the best team in the PL......but we do have an advantage that most teams don't!

We have a fanatical support that many teams envy, we have a united vocal force which scares players....and we have Neil Warnock.

1-2 City.........believe..
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Aside from Nathaniel Mendez-Laing’s long-term knee ligament injury, there will be a few players whose fitness Cardiff City are sweating on ahead of this weekend.

Josh Murphy missed the game against Arsenal with a niggle, Junior Hoilett didn’t appear 100 per cent fit after a groin problem and of course there’s Aron Gunnarsson hoping to fight his way back.

This Friday in Neil Warnock updates the fans on here, we will here an update :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Attachments
1_CDF_250818_CF_Huddersfield_v_Cardiff_015JPG.jpg
1_CDF_250818_CF_Huddersfield_v_Cardiff_015JPG.jpg (31.08 KiB) Viewed 2876 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm

How Chelsea's 'Sarriball' became the talk of football and what Cardiff City can do to stop it -

By Dominic Booth

Wednesday 12th September 2018

There have long been questions about the 'Warnock Way' and the true definition of Cardiff City's tactical approach to the game.

Yet over time and thanks to a number of amusing Neil Warnock explanations, Bluebirds fans have merely brushed off assessments and criticisms centering on their team's style.

The manager's famous quote summed up the situation aptly: “I once went to an interview at Norwich and they asked if their fans would accept the 'Warnock Way'? I said what do you mean, winning?"

Warnock has already used a variety of systems since Cardiff won promotion to the Premier League, but perhaps none are as hyped or distinct as the one that will be deployed by his opposite number at Stamford Bridge this weekend...

So what is 'Sarriball'?

New Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri is the latest to emerge through Roman Abramovich's revolving door of managers in west London, but he has come with a serious reputation.

The chain-smoking, bespectacled, tracksuit-wearing Chelsea head honcho perfected an attractive style of football while at Italian side Napoli, coming agonisingly close to snatching a Serie A title off overwhelming favourites Juventus last season.

And with the signings of midfielder Jorginho from Napoli, plus ball-playing goalkeeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, he has the tools in place to do it again at Chelsea.

Respected Italian football writer James Horncastle explained the philosophy of the system — nicknamed 'Sarriball' — that proved successful at Napoli and is now being replicated in the Premier League.

“Watching Sarri’s team was like listening to an orchestra. They played in perfect harmony, defending and attacking as one. They were a triumph of coaching,” he wrote.

It is essentially a high-pressing 4-3-3 in which possession is paramount, energy is key and teamwork is a must.

Sounds a lot like Barcelona under Pep Guardiola? But with two key differences.

The priority is on "vertical" passes rather than simply keeping the ball.

And there is no star man like Lionel Messi. The emphasis is on the team — the system — rather than the individual — which explains why Eden Hazard wasn't an automatic pick for the Blues at the start of the season.

Willian and Pedro fitted in effectively enough as the wingers, although there has been a place for the genius Belgian in the past two matches.

Chelsea have started brightly under the new regime with four successive and very high possession stats: more passes (2,995) than any other side and an equal high passing accuracy (89 per cent) with Manchester City.

"The ‘Sarriball’ effect is certainly starting to take hold of the team and what we are seeing from Chelsea now is a real emphasis on possession," said Football.London Chelsea reporter Oliver Harbord .

"The 81 per cent possession stat at Newcastle was a real eye-opener of what Sarri is trying to bring to the Blues and at the moment it is developing massively and will only get better."

It's the same formula that won admirers for Sarri in Naples.

"I really like this Napoli. I like Sarri's philosophy and the desire of his team to always have the ball at their feet," former Spain international Xabi Alonso told Sky Sport Italia last season.

"Napoli are attacking and fearless. They have a clear mentality on the pitch, and I appreciate it."

That fearlessness is best encapsulated by Jorginho, the player Sarri was so desperate to bring to Chelsea that he pipped champions Manchester City to his fellow countryman's signature.

Jorginho's job is to dictate the play from deep, allowing Kante and Mateo Kovacic to shuttle between the lines, and play the killer ball. The Italian has played more passes than anyone else in the Premier League this season (417, the next highest is Aymeric Laporte with 369) with three other Chelsea players in the top 10.

It all means Cardiff will likely see very little of the ball on Saturday.

How can Cardiff City stop it?

The short answer is with great difficulty.

Warnock has already hinted that he has no plans to 'park the bus', the way Newcastle did (with limited success) at St James' Park last month.

Rafa Benitez's side came narrowly close to snatching a point against Chelsea, undone by a late own goal in a 2-1 defeat.

"If you shut shop at Stamford Bridge you’re going to get picked off and lose by two or three anyway," said Warnock.

"You may as well have a go, you just have to hope you don’t leave yourself wide open to a pasting."

So it seems Warnock will be following the lead of Eddie Howe's Bournemouth, who went to Chelsea a fortnight ago and caused them a few problems with a more adventurous outlook, ultimately losing 2-0.

Not that a more attacking approach from the visitors is likely to deter Sarri or Chelsea form their regular blueprint.

"They won’t do much different to what we saw in the wins over Huddersfield and Newcastle. Expect Chelsea to dominate possession, with Jorginho setting the tempo and a high press making it hard for Cardiff to get out," adds Oliver Harbord.

"Pace down the channels between David Luiz and Alonso could be a way that Cardiff get at Chelsea, while from set-pieces they seem to be zonal marking, which some of the players are still adapting to."

Pace and set-pieces. Two traditionally strong facets of Cardiff's own gameplan which could prove the undoing of Sarriball.

Warnock will look to utilise both as he always does, but must also pack the middle of the pitch to block the path of Jorginho's passes into the front players.

When Cardiff get the ball they must then bypass the high press and exploit the two centre-backs. Perhaps the pace of Bobby Reid or Danny Ward would be preferable as a forward option. When the chances come, they must be clinical.

All the signs suggest Cardiff will be up against it this weekend, even if they do all these things. But if the Bluebirds are bold, direct and powerful, they have a chance.
Attachments
0_CaptureJPG.jpg
0_CaptureJPG.jpg (41.28 KiB) Viewed 2825 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:51 pm

We have nothing to feat at Chelsea; we're not 'expected' to win the game, so anything above a heavy loss will be a bonus and a great trip out for the travelling support! :thumbright:

No predictions from me (that tempts fate) but really looking forward to this one! :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:28 pm

Neil Warnock set to spring a surprise on Chelsea this weekend to get his first victory

Dominic Booth gives football.london the inside track on the Bluebirds

ByOliver Harbord Chelsea Correspondent

Wednesday 12th September 2018

The one massive question still facing Maurizio Sarri at Chelsea and how he will solve it

Chelsea have the chance to make it five wins out of five to start their 2018/19 Premier League campaign as they take on newly-promoted Cardiff City on Saturday.

Many might think that Neil Warnock is going to set-up his Bluebirds in a similar way to how Rafa Benitez tried to play against the Blues at St James' Park by sitting deep and parking the bus for much of the match.

However, football.london spoke to Dominic Booth, sports writer for WalesOnline, on how the Welsh side might approach the match, and Blues supporters might be surprised on how the visitors to Stamford Bridge might go at the game.

What should Chelsea fans expect to see from Cardiff City this weekend?

Many Chelsea fans might expect Cardiff to come and 'park the bus', try and frustrate the Blues as Newcastle did earlier in the season. But Neil Warnock has promised a bolder approach in these games against top six sides, a formula that nearly reaped rewards against Arsenal before the international break. Cardiff will still be resilient, physically strong and dangerous from set pieces, but they will try and play some football too.

What have you made of Cardiff's start to the season so far?

It's probably what we expected, albeit a little disappointing for Cardiff fans that they didn't win either of the games against Newcastle or Huddersfield, because both of those games were played against 10-men for a time. They also felt unlucky not to get any points against Arsenal, so there is optimism that the Bluebirds' first win back in the Premier League is just around the corner.

Who are the main threats that might cause Chelsea some real trouble at the weekend?

Pace on the counter-attack will be a vital weapon this weekend and for Cardiff that comes from the wingers Josh Murphy and Junior Hoilett. They actually haven't performed as well from set pieces this season as they did last term, which is something Warnock will want to use as a threat against Chelsea.

What do you think to Chelsea's style of play and will Cardiff be able to counter it?

Chelsea are obviously hugely possession-based but Cardiff are accustomed to seeing less of the ball, so that shouldn't deter them.

But Sarri's particular style seems to favour very quick passing rather than just possession for the sake of it, so Cardiff will need to be on their defensive game to stop Chelsea.

The Bluebirds are blessed with power in the back four rather than agile, technical defenders so they could find it tough.

Injury news, expected starting XI?

Aron Gunnarsson is still a doubt as he looks to return from a knee injury, while Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is out until Christmas.

Josh Murphy could return after missing out against Arsenal.

Expected XI: Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett; Ralls, Arter, Camarasa; Hoilett, Murphy, Reid.
Attachments
0_Huddersfield-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League-John-Smiths-Stadium.jpg
0_Huddersfield-Town-v-Cardiff-City-Premier-League-John-Smiths-Stadium.jpg (41.21 KiB) Viewed 2738 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:23 pm

Chelsea would host Cardiff City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon hoping to continue their 100% winning start to this Premier League season. Maurizio Sarri’s players have done well to gain maximum points from each of their opening four matches of this campaign. They would now have a wonderful opportunity to go top of the table if they can see off the Bluebirds this weekend.

Neil Warnock’s men have struggled to score goals up top while they have also been very ordinary when defending their own half. On paper, this has the makings of a one-sided contest but fortunately, football is not played on paper and there is every chance of an upset if Cardiff can keep it tight at the back during their visit of West London.

4-3-3 Chelsea Predicted Lineup To Face Cardiff City

Defence

Kepa Arrizabalaga should retain his place in Sarri’s starting XI while Willy Caballero has to be patient for his opportunity on the bench. The centre-half pairing of David Luiz and Antonio Rüdiger should continue at the heart of the Pensioners defence following another solid display versus Bournemouth in their last league outing. Marcos Alonso is a guaranteed starter as a left wing-back while César Azpilicueta should start on the right wing.

The Chelsea backline kept a clean sheet against the Cherries and would once again look to do the same in this weekend’s clash versus the Bluebirds. Cardiff City does not possess any real goal-threat up top which is why the Pensioners should be confident about their chances of keeping a shutout at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Midfield

The impressive trio of N’Golo Kante, Jorginho and Mateo Kovacic is expected to line up at the middle of the park. All three of them have looked good in recent weeks so it shouldn’t be a surprise if one of them ends up making a significant contribution during the game versus Neil Warnock’s team on Saturday afternoon.

Cesc Fabregas is still sidelined due to an injury, but the services of Ross Barkley might be at Sarri’s disposal on the bench.
Attack

Alvaro Morata is struggling in front of goal but Sarri is still expected hand him a start up top this weekend.

Eden Hazard has been in outstanding form for the Blues and has played an integral part in all of Chelsea’s four victories so far. He would be responsible for creating some chances and getting his name on the scoresheet against the Bluebirds. Sarri could opt to go with Pedro ahead of Willian after the Spanish forward managed to come off the bench and break the deadlock against the Cherries earlier this month.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:48 am

Chelsea host Cardiff City on Saturday aiming to maintain their 100% record in the Premier League.

Maurizio Sarri has enjoyed a prefect start to life at Stamford Bridge, leading his side to victories over Huddersfield Town, Arsenal, Newcastle United and Bournemouth.

Newly-promoted Cardiff have drawn two of their opening four games this term, but they are likely to find things difficult this weekend.

Cesc Fabregas is a doubt for the Blues with a knee injury, but Sarri has no other injury worries to contend with.
Attachments
Large-3.jpeg
Large-3.jpeg (112.33 KiB) Viewed 2433 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:52 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We haven’t got the quality or the class to sit back against the top quality clubs, so we have to give everything and go for it.”

"We want to try and attack as best we can and that’s what we’ve been working on this week," he added in a separate interview with talkSPORT.

"We’re not good enough to sit behind the ball, home or way, so we might as well have a go if we can. We’ve earned the right to be there so why not have a go!”
Attachments
84F4878A-276E-48C1-A349-966B6AFA0366.jpeg
84F4878A-276E-48C1-A349-966B6AFA0366.jpeg (128.06 KiB) Viewed 2352 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TheHangedMan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:58 am

He just makes all the right noises at the right time, legend in my eyes and he should be knighted. Please arise Sir Neil :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious........
TheHangedMan

Postby Danny Says » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Merson has gone 4-0 home win citing City not being able to cope with Hazard and not having any ball.

That won't be too far off the mark.
Danny Says

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:06 pm

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We haven’t got the quality or the class to sit back against the top quality clubs, so we have to give everything and go for it.”

"We want to try and attack as best we can and that’s what we’ve been working on this week," he added in a separate interview with talkSPORT.

"We’re not good enough to sit behind the ball, home or way, so we might as well have a go if we can. We’ve earned the right to be there so why not have a go!”
Attachments
5459D763-2DCF-4547-AC99-70ACAF876F59.jpeg
5459D763-2DCF-4547-AC99-70ACAF876F59.jpeg (128.06 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:13 pm

Danny Says wrote:Merson has gone 4-0 home win citing City not being able to cope with Hazard and not having any ball.

Yup, Hazard against Manga should be fun to watch :shock:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Danny Says » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:42 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Danny Says wrote:Merson has gone 4-0 home win citing City not being able to cope with Hazard and not having any ball.

Yup, Hazard against Manga should be fun to watch :shock:

..and to see how we cope with the best wing back in the league :shock:

We all know these are not the types of games to determine if we'll stay up.
Danny Says

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:15 pm

VAR for Chelsea v Cardiff

Cardiff City’s game at Chelsea will be one of five Premier League games this weekend in which video assistant referee (VAR) technology will be tested.

After its use in FA Cup matches and across Europe last summer, as well as during the World Cup in the summer, the Premier League have decided to trial VAR.

In April, Premier League sides voted against using VAR during the 2018/19 season.

But using a central VAR hub, this weekend will see five matches used as guinea pigs - including the Bluebirds’ contest at Stamford Bridge.

It will be interesting to see what Cardiff boss Neil Warnock, as well as his opposite number Maurizio Sarri, make of the technology.
Attachments
Official-Opening-of-the-IBC-Visit-to-VAR-Operation-Room-FIFA-World-Cup-Russia-2018.jpg
Official-Opening-of-the-IBC-Visit-to-VAR-Operation-Room-FIFA-World-Cup-Russia-2018.jpg (45.86 KiB) Viewed 2050 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 pm

Cardiff City are sweating on the fitness of Aron Gunnarsson and Josh Murphy for their clash at Stamford Bridge this weekend, while Chelsea have a near clean bill of health.

Cesc Fabregas is likely to be the only injury absentee for the Blues, whereas the Bluebirds have Nathaniel Mendez-Laing out long-term.
TopCat CCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:48 am

Cardiff to win 1-0 with betfred 40/1

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby thomasblue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:53 am

I have a feeling we may well get something from this game.
The top sides never seem to play well after international breaks
Chelsea are not blessed with a lot of pace at the back so we will have chances on the counter attack. We just need to take them

Im going with a 1-1 draw
thomasblue

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:21 am

Afraid I agree with Merson. Chelsea to win this one 4-0.
Steve Zodiak

Postby maltablue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 am

3 1 chelski.
maltablue

Postby Juventus Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am

I personally think there’s going to be lots of goals in this, time for our strikers to start scoring, it’s going to be a tall order for us to get anything out of this game but I’m optimistic and hope for the impossible. I think Chelski will shade this 3-2 but I hope I’m wrong, my heart says 1-2 City :thumbup:
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:24 am

The early team news

Cardiff City are sweating on the fitness of Aron Gunnarsson and Josh Murphy for their clash at Stamford Bridge this weekend, while Chelsea have a near clean bill of health.

Cesc Fabregas is likely to be the only injury absentee for the Blues, whereas the Bluebirds have Nathaniel Mendez-Laing out long-term.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: TEAM NEWS “ CHELSEA v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 am

14/09/18

Nei Warnock on injuries

“I’m not aware of anything untoward."
“Murphy is training but whether he’ll be involved on Saturday, I’m not sure.
“He wants to be but with Mendez-Laing out for a long time we’ll have to be careful.”

Forever Blue
Admin

Next

Return to General Chat