Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Up to £849 a ticket at Cardiff City Stadium

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:59 pm

Elton John pre-sale tickets at Cardiff City Stadium next June. Cheapest is £57 with fees, Grandstand best is £180 and other

Experience' best seats are £325 to £849.

Prices: -

45.00 (+ 4.50 fees)
75.00 (+ 7.50 fees)
95.00 (+ 9.50 fees)
125.00 (+ 10.00 fees) - front / center 3 blocks in front of stage

then there's Platinum tickets (190.00 to 310.00)
and VIP packages (249.00 to 849.00)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Up to £849 a ticket at Cardiff City Stadium

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:41 pm

:o :o :o :o

Elton must be short of a bob or two.

Hope the club are charging a hefty whack to hire the stadium to him.

Concert tickets seem to have spiralled way out of control recently and this is another example.

The sound at the majority of outdoor concerts is crap and for £50 odd I guess you'll be so far away from the stage that he'll just be a tiny speck in the distance.

Oh well - glad I saw all the decent bands in the 70's when the price of admission was much more reasonable. :old:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm

davids wrote::o :o :o :o

Concert tickets seem to have spiralled way out of control recently and this is another example.

The sound at the majority of outdoor concerts is crap and for £50 odd I guess you'll be so far away from the stage that he'll just be a tiny speck in the distance.

Oh well - glad I saw all the decent bands in the 70's when the price of admission was much more reasonable. :old:

The sound point you make is not always the case. I live a few miles away from Worcestershire’s cricket ground. Olly Murs did a concert there one afternoon last year and I could have sworn he was outside my window, I could hear it that clearly.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:13 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
davids wrote::o :o :o :o

The sound point you make is not always the case. I live a few miles away from Worcestershire’s cricket ground. Olly Murs did a concert there one afternoon last year and I could have sworn he was outside my window, I could hear it that clearly.

You have my utmost sympathy.

Maybe outdoor sound systems have improved a lot recently but certainly in the not so distant past they've tended to be poor.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:15 pm

f**k that absolutely crazyyyyyyyyy.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:53 pm

His voice is shot to shit these days like a lot of these has beens meatloaf, rod stewart, and the pants that's been thrown at them are a lot bigger these days.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:17 pm

davids wrote:Hope the club are charging a hefty whack to hire the stadium to him.

Not sure if it still works this way but at one time it was Compass who hired the stadium out and received the fee and not CCFC. All we received was a royalty payment once a year depending on how much Compass made.

A legacy from Peter Ridsdale and the deal he signed with Compass.