Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK: " CHELSEA "

Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:13 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

'We might as well have a go against Chelsea'

Neil Warnock wants Cardiff City to ‘have a go’ against Chelsea this weekend, using similar tactics to the ones that nearly got a result against Arsenal.

“If you shut shop at Stamford Bridge you’re going to get picked off and lose by two or three anyway."

"So you may as well have a go, you just have to hope you don’t leave yourself wide open to a pasting."

“We are looking forward to the test and with Manchester City to follow it doesn’t get much tougher than that.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: " CHELSEA "

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:17 am

I would rather take a pasting but at least give it ago also the more time we spend in there half of the field the better, and learning to attack the bigger sides and using attacking systems is going to
Stand us in good stead against the lesser teams in the prem "go for it neil"

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:20 am

montyblue wrote:I would rather take a pasting but at least give it ago also the more time we spend in there half of the field the better, and learning to attack the bigger sides and using attacking systems is going to

Agreed mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:07 pm

That said goal difference could well be important at the end of the season. -1 against arsenal was okay and the likes of huddersfield have already had a 6-1 pasting at the Etihad so I agree lets give it a go but hope we don't take a couple of 5 or 6 goal whoopings.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:04 pm

it could easily be mind games, letting Chelsea know they can't throw everything at us because we are going to have a go, when on Saturday we park two busses and a transit van and hope for a set piece, who knows what we will really do, and why would Neil tell them?

Happy if we do, we were brilliant against Arsenal and on another day scored a few more.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:58 am

If you get beaten, ah well, was expected. Nick a draw or better and confidence would be sky high. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:38 pm

montyblue wrote:I would rather take a pasting but at least give it ago also the more time we spend in there half of the field the better, and learning to attack the bigger sides and using attacking systems is going to

Spot on mate my thoughts exactly