Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Aron Gunnarsson?

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:13 pm

Should Aron Gunnarsson be brought straight back?

While Neil Warnock’s bold selections of Danny Ward and Bobby Reid against Arsenal solved — momentarily at least — Cardiff City’s striker problem, another position remains up for debate right now.

Joe Ralls has performed manfully as the Bluebirds’ holding midfielder in the first four games of the season, yet Cardiff’s only natural in that position has been on the sidelines so far.

Step forward, a fully fit Aron Gunnarsson.

Spared from Icelandic international duty (for once) in the past week and with all previous injury concerns (hopefully) in the past, could Cardiff’s longest serving player prove to be the missing piece of the Premier League puzzle this season?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Aron Gunnarsson?

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:16 pm

its a no from me.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Ralls plays a more attacking roll while Gunners plays in front of the back 4. Ralls has been excellent cant replace him with Gunners. Would you drop Arter, I certainly wouldn't. Only way Gunners will get a game is if someone is injured or suspended.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 pm

big no from me. Use him as a sub if needed to close games out.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:57 pm

Midfield has been the one area where we have done ok.Unless Warnock is going to play 4 in the middle Gunnar is going to wait for his chance off the bench.
PS
I wouldn’t rule out Zohore starting too.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:11 pm

For me our mid-field ok at moment,he has to wait his chance,its up to him then to cement it or be an impact player.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Personally I wouldn't drop any of Ralls, Arter and Camarasa as we are looking as if we can compete in midfield, if we go with 3 there.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:03 pm

4 in midfield for me
Gunners,Ralls, arter, camerosa
2 up front
Ward, zohore
We will need a strong midfield against chelsea

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm

4 in midfield for me
2 up front
Ward, zohore

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:17 pm

Carlossus wrote:For me our mid-field ok at moment,he has to wait his chance,its up to him then to cement it or be an impact player.

I agree but pre the Arsenal game I was beginning to have serious doubts , although much nicer on the eye than last season our midfield created next to nothing....jury still out for me but defo worth sticking with the boys that played the last game for now.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:01 am

robbo wrote:4 in midfield for me
2 up front
Ward, zohore

No wingers? :thumbright: :laughing5:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:24 am

Last time gunners came in when grujic was playing he took over and f...ed it all up we lost all our shape up at sheffield.

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:32 am

Benchwarmer till needs must

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:33 am

Benchwarmer till needs must

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:34 am

Not for me but he could be a useful player to have on the bench in certain circumstances :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:43 am

yes bring him back into the game against chelsea, i know us fans dont want to upset the formation and starting line-up but it is against Chelsea after all and we have nothing to lose going into this game. So bring the Icelandic warrior back. :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:07 am

montyblue wrote:Last time gunners came in when grujic was playing he took over and f...ed it all up we lost all our shape up at sheffield.

surely the quality of opponent and the role asked to play come into it.?

the 4 games at Sheff, Villa, Derby and home to Wolves were our 4 most difficult in the new year..
Gunner was asked to play a far more restrictive role than Grujic had been doing and we were not over run in any of those games apart from 20 mins at Derby..and when freed from his man marking duties against Wolves with the clock running down he was actually the last Cardiff player to touch the ball for both pens..
Grujic..yeah he did ok but we only beat 1 team that finished top 8 with him in the team and he got hooked of in that match..

Gunner is no world beater but always gives his all and gets way to much stick..

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
robbo wrote:4 in midfield for me
2 up front
Ward, zohore

No wingers? :thumbright: :laughing5:

Nope let's just fill the midfield