Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

LOTS OF DIFFERENT FANS IN LONDON SATURDAY

Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:44 am

Should be busy with us playing chelsea spurs playing liverpool and watford playing man u to much red on the trains.

Re: LOTS OF DIFFERENT FANS IN LONDON SATURDAY

Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Leeds are in Millwall as well

Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 pm

caztheturk wrote:Leeds are in Millwall as well

The Met will be busy! :bluescarf:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 pm

And we can’t always play the same day as the egg at home :banghead:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:12 pm

montyblue wrote:Should be busy with us playing chelsea spurs playing liverpool and watford playing man u to much red on the trains.

None of these grounds are that close to each other, ie one is north London, one is West, one is east, and Watford isn't London at all.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:39 am

Yes i know big city but apart from us the others all use the same way down to london and back.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:56 am

montyblue wrote:Yes i know big city but apart from us the others all use the same way down to london and back.

Doubt there'll be enough football coaches to effect the A1, M1 and A5 too much and the last time I recall football fans really getting noticed was when the scots made a particular pain in the arse of themselves back in the 70s.
Don't forget there are any number of other clubs you haven't mentioned and a lot of them will also be playing at home.
People just avoid football crowds if they can but that's quie easy because they pass by very quickly and they're only really noticeable near football grounds which , as someone said, are generally some distance from each other .
Never thought of it before , but actually they do very well to organise it all with less disruption then you'd expect because even quite big places like Manchester or Liverpool get disrupted on match days and they've got comparatively few football grounds, and don't forget there's also twickenham, Lords, the Oval etc plus Wembley ,all of which might have major events on the same day.

Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:14 am

theclaw wrote:And we can’t always play the same day as the egg at home :banghead:

We did last time we were in the prem and it was mayhem getting to the ground both kicked off at the same time.

London’s a lot bigger then Cardiff so I will be glad that it doesn’t happen