Switch to full style

A forum for all things Cardiff City
Post a reply

Both Villa and Cardiff wanted the Chelsea youngster, as the

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:53 am

Neil Warnock can't understand why Tammy Abraham moved to Aston Villa

HITC

Thursday 13th September 2018

Aston Villa have signed striker Tammy Abraham on loan, but Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock also wanted him.

Neil Warnock has told the London Evening Standard that he cannot understand why Tammy Abraham moved to Aston Villa over Cardiff City this summer.

Both Villa and Cardiff wanted the Chelsea youngster, as they looked to improve their attacking forces.

However, the youngster opted to make a move to Villa in the Championship, rather than play at the top level with Cardiff.

And Warnock claims that a year with his side would have been far more beneficial to the forward.

“Tammy would have been my main man in the Premier League – surely that would have been better for him? I don’t understand it,” the Cardiff boss said. “Surely they would want him playing in the Premier League?

“I don’t think it was a question over the size of the loan fee - we would have paid it. I just the felt the way we played, he would have enjoyed it and had an impact. I missed out on a few players waiting for him too, which disappointed me. But that’s life.”

New signing Tammy Abraham of Aston Villa poses for a picture at the club's training ground at Bodymoor Heath on August 31, 2018 in Birmingham, England.

Abraham is yet to make his Villa debut after joining, but he could feature this weekend for Steve Bruce’s side.

Villa are set to take on Blackburn Rovers, and they are under pressure to get a result.

The claret and blues lost their last outing 4-1 against Sheffield United, after putting in a terrible performance.

At Villa, Abraham is in competition with Jonathan Kodjia and Scott Hogan for a starting place up-front.
Attachments
tammy_abraham_of_chelsea_in_action_during_the_preseason_friendly_876686.jpg
tammy_abraham_of_chelsea_in_action_during_the_preseason_friendly_876686.jpg (66.14 KiB) Viewed 569 times

Re: Both Villa and Cardiff wanted the Chelsea youngster, as

Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Now that is disappointing. I started a thread in the transfer window suggesting we should get him.
I think Tammy Abrahams would have been a great signing for us. I think he is going to be a top player (assuming he doesn't get bad injuries etc).
But baffling why he didn't come to us ....all things equal you would expect him to go for a Pre m club. Maybe he thought would struggle like the Swans did and preferred a promotion candidate in the Chanpionship.
Anyway here's hoping we can show him he made a mistake. :thumbup:
Post a reply