' Neil Warnock Reveals he tried to Sign Prem Striker / But '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:56 am

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock accuses Chelsea of lacking class over failed Bluebirds bid to land Tammy Abraham

NEIL WARNOCK:
“Tammy would have been my main man in the Premier League – surely that would have been better for him? I don’t understand it. Surely they would want him playing in the Premier League?

"I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa."

Thursday 13th September 2018

Neil Warnock has revealed he tried to sign Tammy Abraham on loan this summer and has accused Chelsea of showing a lack of class as the move fell through.

The Cardiff City boss was chasing a striker in the final days of the transfer window and had made Abraham, who spent last season on loan at Swansea City, his number one target.

The England international was reportedly keen on a move to the Premier League new boys, but Chelsea blocked the move and the Bluebirds were left to rue a missed opportunity.

Instead Abraham dropped down into the Championship a few weeks later.

And Warnock revealed the truth behind his top summer target as his Bluebirds prepare to take on high-flying Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Warnock told the Standard: “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa.

“It might have been because our deadline was three weeks before the Championship’s.

"Perhaps they weren’t sure at the time and then he ends up leaving at the end of the month, when only a move to a Championship club is possible. But even then, a phone call would have been better and shown a bit of class.”

Abraham did not seal a loan move away from Stamford Bridge until the final days of the Football League's loan window, switching to Aston Villa on a season-long deal.

But Warnock — who also targeted Danny Ings on loan from Liverpool — would have guaranteed the 20-year-old playing time in the Premier League.

He also said Cardiff were willing to pay the required funds to add to their striking options.

The veteran boss added: “Tammy would have been my main man in the Premier League – surely that would have been better for him? I don’t understand it. Surely they would want him playing in the Premier League?

“I don’t think it was a question over the size of the loan fee — we would have paid it. I just the felt the way we played, he would have enjoyed it and had an impact. I missed out on a few players waiting for him too, which disappointed me. But that’s life.”
Attachments
neil_warnock_manager_of_cardiff_city_before_the_sky_bet_champion_655630.jpg
neil_warnock_manager_of_cardiff_city_before_the_sky_bet_champion_655630.jpg (41.35 KiB) Viewed 2131 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Neil Warnock Reveals he tried to Sign Prem Striker / B

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:57 am

Neil Warnock can't understand why Tammy Abraham moved to Aston Villa

HITC

Thursday 13th September 2018

Aston Villa have signed striker Tammy Abraham on loan, but Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock also wanted him.

Neil Warnock has told the London Evening Standard that he cannot understand why Tammy Abraham moved to Aston Villa over Cardiff City this summer.

Both Villa and Cardiff wanted the Chelsea youngster, as they looked to improve their attacking forces.

However, the youngster opted to make a move to Villa in the Championship, rather than play at the top level with Cardiff.

And Warnock claims that a year with his side would have been far more beneficial to the forward.

“Tammy would have been my main man in the Premier League – surely that would have been better for him? I don’t understand it,” the Cardiff boss said. “Surely they would want him playing in the Premier League?

“I don’t think it was a question over the size of the loan fee - we would have paid it. I just the felt the way we played, he would have enjoyed it and had an impact. I missed out on a few players waiting for him too, which disappointed me. But that’s life.”

New signing Tammy Abraham of Aston Villa poses for a picture at the club's training ground at Bodymoor Heath on August 31, 2018 in Birmingham, England.

Abraham is yet to make his Villa debut after joining, but he could feature this weekend for Steve Bruce’s side.

Villa are set to take on Blackburn Rovers, and they are under pressure to get a result.

The claret and blues lost their last outing 4-1 against Sheffield United, after putting in a terrible performance.

At Villa, Abraham is in competition with Jonathan Kodjia and Scott Hogan for a starting place up-front.
Attachments
tammy_abraham_of_chelsea_in_action_during_the_preseason_friendly_876686.jpg
tammy_abraham_of_chelsea_in_action_during_the_preseason_friendly_876686.jpg (66.14 KiB) Viewed 2127 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:58 am

Neil Warnock told the Standard: “I wanted Tammy Abraham from day one. I spoke to Eddie Newton (Chelsea’s loan player technical coach) about it, but he ended up at Aston Villa.

“It might have been because our deadline was three weeks before the Championship’s.

"Perhaps they weren’t sure at the time and then he ends up leaving at the end of the month, when only a move to a Championship club is possible. But even then, a phone call would have been better and shown a bit of class.”
Attachments
0_Rotherham-United-v-Cardiff-City-Pre-Season-Friendly-2.jpg
0_Rotherham-United-v-Cardiff-City-Pre-Season-Friendly-2.jpg (29.51 KiB) Viewed 2121 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:21 pm

Chelsea Boss Comments On Abraham's Failed Move To Cardiff City

Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri was certain to be quizzed on Tammy Abraham's failed move to Premier League rivals Cardiff City at Friday afternoon's press conference.

Cardiff City boss Neil Warnock was furious over the manner in which Chelsea handled his request to sign Abraham on a season-long loan as they never got back to him, only for the striker to join Aston Villa before the close of the loan window on August 31.

Now, Sarri has revealed that the Nigeria Football Federation target had been expected to stay put at Chelsea but changed his mind few days before the close of the loan window.

The Italian told reporters: ''I don’t know what to say. Tammy until two days wanted to stay here. Until the last day there was an offer from Villa and he decided suddenly to go there.''

Abraham is in line to make his Aston Villa debut when they tackle Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on Saturday in the Championship.

The 20-year-old was on target for England U21s in their win against Latvia U21s on Tuesday.
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:44 pm

Bristol on loan then Swansea then Cardiff could you imagine that. :lol:

I think people will look at this as a big miss due to the games we already played and noticing we need some firepower up top but would he been any different to what we got?

The bloke scored like 5 goals and played the majority games in the league for Swansea and didn't he go on a 6 month goal drought?
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat