Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Your thoughts

Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:41 am

Friend of mine is a Man Utd fan an has asked if any chance I could get a ticket for the game . I have 4 season tickets with the family and sometimes one is free.
He has been to about 20 city games over the last couple of years and has paid for city tickets but his team is Man Utd first but he also follows city as his 2nd team and in fact has been to more city games in last two years .

In fact he knows more about city than a lot of so called Cardiff fans Should I let him have a ticket if it’s free ?

Re: Your thoughts

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:09 am

It's your season ticket which you've paid for so it's up to you to decide. Go for it I say, if he's spent money out of his own pocket in the past on multiple occasions to watch Cardiff people shouldn't slag him off for who he supports as a first team.

Just make sure he's sensible about it and doesn't shout and cheer for Man U or wear team colours.

It's your decision in the end and he's your mate so you decide :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 am

Milkybarkid wrote:Friend of mine is a Man Utd fan an has asked if any chance I could get a ticket for the game . I have 4 season tickets with the family and sometimes one is free.
He has been to about 20 city games over the last couple of years and has paid for city tickets but his team is Man Utd first but he also follows city as his 2nd team and in fact has been to more city games in last two years .

In fact he knows more about city than a lot of so called Cardiff fans Should I let him have a ticket if it’s free ?

Well if you've got a season ticket and they've given you an additional ticket they must know you're not going to use it yourself.
Thus I doubt whether they care who you give it to. These things normally say " friends and family" anyway don't they ?
I doubt whether anyone would have time to interrogate him or test his general knowledge about Cardiff anyway.
As long as he doesn't take the opportunity to throw chips at Vincent Tan or anything I very much doubt whether anyone would care .

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:28 am

My mate who is a City season ticket holder himself and has lived in Cardiff and 'supported' us for the last 5 years will openly admit to being a Liverpool fan first. Yet he hasn't been to Anfield for about 30 years!

I just tell him he's really a City fan! He eleven wears a Wales shirt and he's born and bred English with a northern accent. He's messed up!

So to answer your question. Let him have it if you want to. But remind him that he's more of real fan of city, he just follows United, he'll come around one day!

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:41 am

Why not? It's your business after all. I wouldn't pay the slightest attention to the bleeding hearts on here unless of course that was the aim of this post. :lol: