MOTD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MOTD

Postby Barrettlegend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Not Evan a f...ing mention again like.... they hate us 5 games in and I bet they have spoken about us for 2mins tops it's a joke
Barrettlegend

MOTD

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MOTD

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:55 pm

I was literally just thinking exactly the same thing!
Cardiffboy95

Postby Barrettlegend » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:58 pm

It's a joke budd literally not a mention at all talked about hazard then cut to next game shocking
Barrettlegend

Postby Lewblue » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Unbelievable. To not even refer to us is astonishing. Regardless of result there were two sides in that game
Lewblue

Postby Cardiffboy95 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:01 pm

Yeah. They talked about him and it was like they couldn't move on quick enough.
I'd love to shove it down their throats this season with us staying up.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride, but I think there are 3 teams in this division that are worse than us!
Cardiffboy95

Postby neathbluebird » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:33 pm

Yep they praised chelsea which is fair enough as they are a very good team in the mix..then i sat back in anticipation of an analysis of our perfomance and nothing!! Just moved on to the next game..unbelievable really
neathbluebird

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:13 pm

The Huddersfield mascot had more coverage than us.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby stentona » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:28 pm

I fkn hate the bbc with their lefty pc brigade and smug bstd pundits. Aaaaaggghh :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :rr: :rr:
stentona

Postby KWest » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:34 am

We’ve scored three goals all season, and not won a game. We don’t automatically deserve their time - we need to earn it.
KWest

Postby arri potta » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 am

Jeff Stelling and the Sky Team were nothing but complimentary all day yesterday - I think they know everyone expects the worst but they actually see us getting better and better - which is proving correct from the first games to where we are now, and entertaining.
arri potta

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:17 am

Lets be honest, we gate crashed the the premier league party. MOTD is a highlights show for premier league football fans,for those fans the premier league is the top 6.

You can get your football fix in many ways nowadays, MOTD is from a bygone era and unimportant.
llan bluebird

Postby City Slicker » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:17 am

llan bluebird wrote:Lets be honest, we gate crashed the the premier league party. MOTD is a highlights show for premier league football fans,for those fans the premier league is the top 6.

You can get your football fix in many ways nowadays, MOTD is from a bygone era and unimportant.

This is so true. For most non committed football fans the Premier League is only the glittering top six; the rest are cannon fodder. Tan kept his word in fairness to the man and said "no money if not red" and this is the result. We are a Premier club in name only.

MOD as a retail programme plays up to what the uncommitted bulk of the general public wants, and by and large that's seeing the cannon fodder get beaten. The Premier League bosses are canny in that they've created a structure for the cream to rise to the top engorged by ever increasing reward while the cannon fodder get paid enough to sell their souls and allow themselves to get beaten by "their betters" so that the system will sustain itself. However, the fact remains that without the cannon fodder the Premier as a system would fail.

Maybe there's an argument for the cannon fodder to break away and set up their own competitive League and cut the cream adrift. Somehow, if that did happen, I think moves would follow to allow a redistribution of resources and a whole new system could be born.

The bottom line is that us cannon fodder are indispensable to the entire Premier project and maybe, collectively, we don't realise our bargaining power.
City Slicker

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Same, was waiting for a mention and …… nothing. not even a mention, at least sky gives us credit and discusses us at times.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:44 pm

To be fair, the commentator did say the free kick for their second goal was soft, although Reid did tug his shirt moments before, so I could understand why the free kick was given. The commentator also compared the costs of the 2 teams, so at least the commentator stuck up for us.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Walinoz » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:19 pm

But they’ll talk about Newcastle who are actually below because of shearer and their amazing 55,000 fans
Makes me sick the lot of them
Walinoz

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:43 am

i think that alright because we fans don't want to be reminded a lot that we did not do well again and will struggle to stay up this season.
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby TERRYB » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Walinoz wrote:But they’ll talk about Newcastle who are actually below because of shearer and their amazing 55,000 fans
Makes me sick the lot of them

The unmistakable truth is that Match Of The Day is totally outclassed by Sky, end of story. :bluescarf:
TERRYB

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:28 pm

City Slicker wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Lets be honest, we gate crashed the the premier league party. MOTD is a highlights show for premier league football fans,for those fans the premier league is the top 6.

This is so true. For most non committed football fans the Premier League is only the glittering top six; the rest are cannon fodder. Tan kept his word in fairness to the man and said "no money if not red" and this is the result. We are a Premier club in name only.

MOD as a retail programme plays up to what the uncommitted bulk of the general public wants, and by and large that's seeing the cannon fodder get beaten. The Premier League bosses are canny in that they've created a structure for the cream to rise to the top engorged by ever increasing reward while the cannon fodder get paid enough to sell their souls and allow themselves to get beaten by "their betters" so that the system will sustain itself. However, the fact remains that without the cannon fodder the Premier as a system would fail.

Maybe there's an argument for the cannon fodder to break away and set up their own competitive League and cut the cream adrift. Somehow, if that did happen, I think moves would follow to allow a redistribution of resources and a whole new system could be born.

The bottom line is that us cannon fodder are indispensable to the entire Premier project and maybe, collectively, we don't realise our bargaining power.

no money if not red.......this much used remark is way off. Tan isn't exactly acting like Man City but we certainly wouldn't be in the prem without his money .
dogfound

Postby City Slicker » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

no money if not red.......this much used remark is way off. Tan isn't exactly acting like Man City but we certainly wouldn't be in the prem without his money .

I can't see how you can say that: he never spent any. Whatever you think of him he's a man of his word. No red no money. He's not lied to us.
City Slicker

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:07 am

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

I can't see how you can say that: he never spent any. Whatever you think of him he's a man of his word. No red no money. He's not lied to us.

well despite being one of the clubs receiving parachute payments we still lost money year on year with VT making up the difference..thats not NO money in my eyes...its not all about transfer fees ,for our promotion season last year not only did we add to the squad { all be it not being one of the divisions big spenders re transfer fees } we did not sell the family silver either {
Zohore,Morrison and Bennett could have brought in 20 million } with Tan backing NW in keeping them along with new contracts for Bruno,Sol and Junior who could all have gone elsewhere with no transfer fees involved .

would have been so easy for Tan to let those 6 go, give Warnock 10 mill to spend over 6 inferior replacements on less wages , clear 10 mill net from sales and purchases, reduce the wage bill and probably get a damn sight more credit for spending the 10 million than he gets now..?
dogfound

Postby bluestar » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 am

If you watched motd man city v Fulham followed us man city won 3 nil Fulham never had a mention either all about the big boys it seems
bluestar

Postby City Slicker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:52 am

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

well despite being one of the clubs receiving parachute payments we still lost money year on year with VT making up the difference..thats not NO money in my eyes...its not all about transfer fees ,for our promotion season last year not only did we add to the squad { all be it not being one of the divisions big spenders re transfer fees } we did not sell the family silver either {
Zohore,Morrison and Bennett could have brought in 20 million } with Tan backing NW in keeping them along with new contracts for Bruno,Sol and Junior who could all have gone elsewhere with no transfer fees involved .

would have been so easy for Tan to let those 6 go, give Warnock 10 mill to spend over 6 inferior replacements on less wages , clear 10 mill net from sales and purchases, reduce the wage bill and probably get a damn sight more credit for spending the 10 million than he gets now..?

It probably wouldn't have been as easy for him to let players go and cash in. His business plan is to sell the club as quickly as possible and for the highest possible value. If he were reckless enough to dissipate the club's assets and allow it to freefall down the leagues his return on investment would rapidly decline. I give him no credit or otherwise for what he is doing; he's just trying to salvage the best he can from a situation from which he wants to extricate himself. After the red debacle he has no interest in the fortunes of Cardiff City apart from maximizing his original investment. If we wanted to get a club which will develop then I think we should look to more ambitious owners.

As I wrote previously, whatever you think of the man he's true to his word; and I respect that.
City Slicker

Postby City Slicker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 am

bluestar wrote:If you watched motd man city v Fulham followed us man city won 3 nil Fulham never had a mention either all about the big boys it seems

£100m was probably never enough to beat the likes of Man City but it's probably more than enough to beat the likes of Burnley, Huddersfield and others and ensure survival. If you're planning to compete with the likes of Man City then £100m buys you two players not 11. It's all about playing the percentages.
City Slicker

Postby dogfound » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:04 am

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

It probably wouldn't have been as easy for him to let players go and cash in. His business plan is to sell the club as quickly as possible and for the highest possible value. If he were reckless enough to dissipate the club's assets and allow it to freefall down the leagues his return on investment would rapidly decline. I give him no credit or otherwise for what he is doing; he's just trying to salvage the best he can from a situation from which he wants to extricate himself. After the red debacle he has no interest in the fortunes of Cardiff City apart from maximizing his original investment. If we wanted to get a club which will develop then I think we should look to more ambitious owners.

As I wrote previously, whatever you think of the man he's true to his word; and I respect that.

he could have run the club within its means and because we had parachute payments that shouldn't put us in danger in theory as most championship clubs revenue was less than ours ?..that is NO money...

he could have not renewed those 3 probably quite hefty contracts which is what youd do to bring budget within means..and defo taken the 3 offers which were similar combined to what Leeds accepted for 3 players. and none of this is reckless..

as for a return on investment..as a non prem club our value was largely in our potential of being a decent sized club and not in our assets..besides we have never had much interest from investors and when he does sell it will be most likely at a loss ? so therefore adding to his investment { this loss } doesn't really make sense

if you and some of your ilk dont want to give him credit ,eh oh..but for someone that has supported the club long enough to know what NO MONEY really means for year after year, decade after decade, he gets loads of credit off me.
dogfound

Postby City Slicker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:39 pm

dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

he could have run the club within its means and because we had parachute payments that shouldn't put us in danger in theory as most championship clubs revenue was less than ours ?..that is NO money...

he could have not renewed those 3 probably quite hefty contracts which is what youd do to bring budget within means..and defo taken the 3 offers which were similar combined to what Leeds accepted for 3 players. and none of this is reckless..

as for a return on investment..as a non prem club our value was largely in our potential of being a decent sized club and not in our assets..besides we have never had much interest from investors and when he does sell it will be most likely at a loss ? so therefore adding to his investment { this loss } doesn't really make sense

if you and some of your ilk dont want to give him credit ,eh oh..but for someone that has supported the club long enough to know what NO MONEY really means for year after year, decade after decade, he gets loads of credit off me.

Mate, if it makes you happy, you do what you like
City Slicker

Postby Carlossus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:09 pm

City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Sorry City Slicker you know my views, you are biased when it comes to Tan and are distorting the red equasion to get your bias across. Tan made a cock up and is on record admitting it, I for one dont blame him for being careful after the last financial fiasco { nothing to do with being red it is a separate issue } I am happy with Tans stuardship at the moment,I know your going to come back at me you have to have the last word . :laughing6: :laughing6: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Carlossus

Postby City Slicker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:38 pm

Carlossus wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

Sorry City Slicker you know my views, you are biased when it comes to Tan and are distorting the red equasion to get your bias across. Tan made a cock up and is on record admitting it, I for one dont blame him for being careful after the last financial fiasco { nothing to do with being red it is a separate issue } I am happy with Tans stuardship at the moment,I know your going to come back at me you have to have the last word . :laughing6: :laughing6: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:lol: Only to say I'm right and you're wrong! No I've got no bias against Tan, I've forgiven him for the red nonsense. However, he's a businessman, not Mother Theresa so he's of no consequence to me. But I'm certain he's looking after his own interests, has no plans for Cardiff City development and will flounce at the earliest opportunity. I accept there is likely a lot worse than Tan but if we're looking to develop as a club he's not our man. Incidentally, if I had the choice of mediocrity in blue or high status in any other colour give me the former every day :thumbup:
City Slicker

Postby Carlossus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:03 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Carlossus wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:
dogfound wrote:
City Slicker wrote:

:lol: Only to say I'm right and you're wrong! No I've got no bias against Tan, I've forgiven him for the red nonsense. However, he's a businessman, not Mother Theresa so he's of no consequence to me. But I'm certain he's looking after his own interests, has no plans for Cardiff City development and will flounce at the earliest opportunity. I accept there is likely a lot worse than Tan but if we're looking to develop as a club he's not our man. Incidentally, if I had the choice of mediocrity in blue or high status in any other colour give me the former every day :thumbup:

Thats my boy :laughing6: :wave: :wave:
Carlossus

Return to General Chat