SOL BAMBA: WE LEARN FROM PLAYING QUALITY OPPOSITION

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 am

Sol Bamba: We learn from playing quality opposition
By Richard Early

Sunday 18th September 2018

Central defender Sol Bamba spoke at Stamford Bridge following City's 4-1 defeat to Chelsea.

“We’re disappointed with the goals we gave away," began the 33-year-old. "We could have done better, myself especially, and I think if it had stayed at 2-1 for long enough, we could have possibly drawn the game. Obviously, it’s disappointing at the end. If you give quality opposition one chance, they’ll take it and that’s what we have to learn from.

“If it had been 1-0 or 1-1 at the break, it could have been a different match, second-half. Chelsea’s quality is always difficult to match, but I think we deserve a lot of credit, because if we play like that throughout the season, we’ll win more than lose.

“People expect us to park the bus. We didn’t. We came in, played good football, tried to go forward and scored the goal as well. They’re the positives to take from the game. We’ve got to do better at the back in the future.

“There’s no easy games in the Premier League, especially playing against the top six, but we’re enjoying it. That’s why we’re here and we’ll try to do our best against any team."

Bamba's first goal of the season came in London - something Assistant Manager Kevin Blackwell had already predicted in the lead-up, Sol revealed, adding: “It was a good week within the camp and Kevin Blackwell said to me that I would to score. He’s supported me the whole way through my time at the Club, so I was happy to give him a big cuddle.

“It’s always good to be on the scoresheet."
Attachments
Sol Bamba.jpg
Sol Bamba.jpg (150.16 KiB) Viewed 603 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat