Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: "Speaking after yesterdays defeat"

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:14 am

Here's what Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock had to say after the defeat, which leaves Cardiff still searching for their first win of the new season.

Chelsea 4-1 Cardiff City

NEIL WARNOCK:

On Hazard

He's a good player isn't he. But that's what you're going to get with the top teams.

I'm sure as a neutral it's great to watch him play like that as he's unplayable at times.

I thought we were in the game for 80 minutes and once again I'm really disappointed underneath with the goals we conceded. It's not Chelsea's abillty.

Joe should've won the first tackle when Hazard went through. It's a poor challenge and we should've won that and prevented that.

Then with Bobby Reid [for the second] I don't know why it's a freekick, it's never a freekick there. Bobby Reid and him touch hands!

And then Victor's got to learn really. You've got to learn as you get into the Premier League. Victor could've got in front of Alonso, gone down and got a freekick.

But he didn't. He tried to stand up and they score a second. I think it's just a learning curve.

With the penalty, I knew it was going to be a penalty 15 yards before the tackle actually happened. So we have got to learn quickly because these top teams punish you with the players they've got.

On Sol Bamba celebrating his goal with Kevin Blackwell on the bench

Yeah they've been working all week on a lot of things really because teams are looking at us and there's three or four men blocking. It's difficult for referees to pick up at times.

It's nice to see something come off like that.

On the penalty

I thought that Willian was going to be too quick and I thought Sol's going to tackle. He's not going to hold. Not at this time of the day when he's getting tired.

It was a fully expected penalty and I think that was his only mistake really. I thought he had a good game really.

He's just got to learn that he can't do that. We're in the game there and should've had a penalty when Paterson hits the post or bar or whatever and then David Luiz on the floor clearly pulls him down. We don't get a penalty, but you know he's clever. That's what we've got to become.

On Harry Arter's removal at half time

It was dizziness and vomiting and all sorts of things. It wasn't worth the risk.

Is that after the Keane feud?

You'd like me to tell you something wouldn't you. Find your own stories!

Is he seeking an apology from Keane?

You'll have to ask him!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.