Serious question?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Serious question?

Postby Dahboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 am

Do you think Tan will go for it in january?
Dahboy

Serious question?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Serious question?

Postby JB1 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:21 pm

No.
JB1

Postby davids » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:35 pm

Absolutely not.

Warnock (if he's still here) will be given a bare minimum and told to generate additional funds if he wants them by moving players on.

Good luck trying to get any sort of fee for the likes of Tomlin and Pilks who by then will have had half a season away from the first team and unless we sell a first team player I very much doubt that we'll get a decent fee (or any fee!) for any of our fringe players.

If we're still in touch with 17th place I reckon Warnock will be given about £8m to £10m plus whatever he can generate in sales.

If we're adrift a bit then I don't think he'll be given that much to be honest.

Remember Tan says that we have good enough players to stay up as it is and he'll expect Warnock to pull another rabbit out of the hat like he did last season so I can see no way he'll spend much in January.
davids

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:41 pm

By going for it how many players do we need? If anything spend a few £££££s on a striker will be of more benefit, city are going to be near bottom in jan so no point in going ott spending rather keep it for following season wherever we are. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 pm

I don't see any logic in not going for it in the summer and then going for it in January :?

It depends where we are and how we are doing if he gets any funds id have though.
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:03 pm

Dahboy wrote:Do you think Tan will go for it in january?

depends what you mean by ..go for it.
I do think at this point our January budget is flexi .
dogfound

Postby Dahboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't see any logic in not going for it in the summer and then going for it in January :?

It depends where we are and how we are doing if he gets any funds id have though.

Basically if we are bottom 3 come January?
Dahboy

Postby City Slicker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Dahboy wrote:Do you think Tan will go for it in january?

No chance. His business plan is to minimise losses and make the club saleable.
City Slicker

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:00 pm

No.....Maybe a mutual beneficial loan deal but that will be it, i just can't see the cheque book coming out.

He'll be praying that Josh Murphy looks the real deal so he can cash in during the summer.

He is paying off the loan notes.....to himself :old:
llan bluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 pm

No. But I assume he'll give Warnock the funds to sign a striker, but I don't expect it to be more than 10m.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:34 am

So many put so much faith in the January window....blind faith as far as I am concerned.

I can't see Tan authorising big spends this winter because history shows it does not work. The summer is the time to get it right with winter to plug the gaps of the autumn term injuries.
Bakedalasker

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:13 am

I've been thinking Shane Long could be the man ;)
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:00 am

I thought Mr Tan had already given the answer to that one a few years back. He has been true to his word so far, I doubt if he will change his mind now.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:13 am

Dahboy wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't see any logic in not going for it in the summer and then going for it in January :?

Basically if we are bottom 3 come January?

But if he had the money surely it would have been better to use it to try and stay out of the bottom 3 in the summer? It was obvious we were one of the weaker teams.

If we are in touching distance of staying up ie a 2 or 3 points then he might give him some money. If we are above the bottom 3 I think he will get funds. If we are cut adrift by anymore than 4 or 5 points then I don't think he will get anything, maybe a loan.
2blue2handle

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:23 am

I think Warnock will have some wriggle room in Jan,after all, he tried to sign a striker in the summer and I'm guessing that those funds are still available and maybe a bit more.Remains to be seen if theres anything decent out there at that time though.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Blueboys1927 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:56 am

No. He will be happy with relegation and parachute payments while he tries to off load us :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:04 pm

In the words of the Captain of the Titanic, "We are Fucked"
1980s Bluebird

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Both Tan & Warnock have already answered this question. We may not like the answer, but we know there is going to be very little money spent here. Tan made that perfectly clear when he agreed to scrap the red kit and return to blue. The majority were in favour of that, so not much point in us complaining now. We got what we wanted and knew what the cost would be. Most of us were happy enough to go along with the plans to make us debt free and the club to eventually be self sufficient. We can't have it all ways. Hopefully there may be a bit of cash to spend, but we know January is not the ideal time to look for players when the prices are over inflated. Like some others on here have said, I think our business was more or less all done in the Summer.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Charlie Harper » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Both Tan & Warnock have already answered this question. We may not like the answer, but we know there is going to be very little money spent here. Tan made that perfectly clear when he agreed to scrap the red kit and return to blue. The majority were in favour of that, so not much point in us complaining now. We got what we wanted and knew what the cost would be. Most of us were happy enough to go along with the plans to make us debt free and the club to eventually be self sufficient. We can't have it all ways. Hopefully there may be a bit of cash to spend, but we know January is not the ideal time to look for players when the prices are over inflated. Like some others on here have said, I think our business was more or less all done in the Summer.

Do you really believe that as Warnock has stated there will be money to buy a striker in January, not a loan, if we are still in it.
Vinny wants the PL and im sure he will spend if he sees right.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:25 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:Both Tan & Warnock have already answered this question. We may not like the answer, but we know there is going to be very little money spent here. Tan made that perfectly clear when he agreed to scrap the red kit and return to blue. The majority were in favour of that, so not much point in us complaining now. We got what we wanted and knew what the cost would be. Most of us were happy enough to go along with the plans to make us debt free and the club to eventually be self sufficient. We can't have it all ways. Hopefully there may be a bit of cash to spend, but we know January is not the ideal time to look for players when the prices are over inflated. Like some others on here have said, I think our business was more or less all done in the Summer.

Do you really believe that as Warnock has stated there will be money to buy a striker in January, not a loan, if we are still in it.
Vinny wants the PL and im sure he will spend if he sees right.

Hope you are right. Some on here thought we would spend £40 or £50m in the Summer, but Tan stuck to his word and reigned in the purse strings. I would have thought the best time to have splashed out on a striker was in the Summer. Going to have to pay over the odds for another club's reject in January. With the sort of money likely to be made available, we are not going to get much in January. Unless Tan does a big U turn and has a change of heart, we are not likely to get an exciting addition to the squad during the next transfer window. Tan comes across as someone who sticks to his word, and that's why I can't see much happening. I think his priority is clearing debts, and the less he personally has to sort out the better from his point of view.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:00 pm

Tan trusts NW if & its a big if there is a decent striker available probably on loan tan would probably back NW but canmot see such a player being available :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Hope you are right. Some on here thought we would spend £40 or £50m in the Summer, but Tan stuck to his word and reigned in the purse strings. I would have thought the best time to have splashed out on a striker was in the Summer. Going to have to pay over the odds for another club's reject in January. With the sort of money likely to be made available, we are not going to get much in January. Unless Tan does a big U turn and has a change of heart, we are not likely to get an exciting addition to the squad during the next transfer window. Tan comes across as someone who sticks to his word, and that's why I can't see much happening. I think his priority is clearing debts, and the less he personally has to sort out the better from his point of view.

Gary Madine proves that point :idea:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

He certainly does. Not sure what we paid for him in January, but reports suggest maybe £6m. The equivalent player next January would probably cost even more with the extra money now thrown into the PL. I just can't see Tan throwing money around in what is usually a rip off transfer window. The chances are £10m would see us get nothing better than we have already. Like Alan said above, a loan may be an option.
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

He certainly does. Not sure what we paid for him in January, but reports suggest maybe £6m. The equivalent player next January would probably cost even more with the extra money now thrown into the PL. I just can't see Tan throwing money around in what is usually a rip off transfer window. The chances are £10m would see us get nothing better than we have already. Like Alan said above, a loan may be an option.

Steve a loan is only option no striker us coming here with relegation a strong possibility! A loan deal will put him in shop window for maybe next crop of promoted clubs. In any case it'll cost us couple million in loan fees and wages :o
pembroke allan

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:46 am

Maybe Tan just wants to embarrass the f**k out of us, he will still get his money out of the parachute payments. I hope not, I just cannot see how our fortunes are going to change, luckily we have a good band of fans who will still be there no matter what happens :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby palerider » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:55 am

No and it will be too late anyway, failed big time in the summer in not getting a striker in and in selecting our 25 with the likes of armour and Kadeem who are not featuring.
palerider

Return to General Chat