Do we need to finish expanding the stadium?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:31 pm

Just thinking about attendances for burnley and sprung to my head, do we really need to finish the development of our stadium to 38000?, Im not trying to be negative but if we go back down we will only have 20k max?
i believe we could get atleast 38000 when we play the top 6 teams (eg MAN UTD :roll: )
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Do we need to finish expanding the stadium?

Postby BlueMoon1974 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:54 pm

No
BlueMoon1974

Postby T1JMO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:55 pm

No.
T1JMO

Postby Dahboy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:58 pm

Yes expand let's be positive no negativity on here please :lol:
Dahboy

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:10 pm

No don' t want more plastic manxs in the stadium.
montyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:25 pm

NO
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Not required doubt ever will be! Its at a size suitable for a club of our size and status. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:42 pm

Not anytime soon.

If we did that now and got relegated it would be seen as a stupid decision.

If we had many consecutive years in the Premier League and were selling out easily every week, it would be considered then I expect.

But not now, for sure.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:01 pm

If we get relegated , which we probably won't , then we shall have to get promoted again shan't we ?

You know why ? Cause you can't stop a good man who keeps on coming .

Do you know how pathetic it is to start wetting yourself as soon as you encounter a bit of resistance ?

Yes of course we need a bigger stadium because we're not ever going to accept mediocrity again, even if we're still on our hard journey and the opponents haven't given up and let us win.

Two messages for the waverers -

1. You might think you're a winner or you may think you're a loser and either way you'll be right.

2. Stop hoping to succeed and start intending to succeed .

Rome wasn't built in a day as they say but they still built the Colluseum didn't they ?
SirJimmySchoular

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:12 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:If we get relegated , which we probably won't , then we shall have to get promoted again shan't we ?

You know why ? Cause you can't stop a good man who keeps on coming .

Do you know how pathetic it is to start wetting yourself as soon as you encounter a bit of resistance ?

Yes of course we need a bigger stadium because we're not ever going to accept mediocrity again, even if we're still on our hard journey and the opponents haven't given up and let us win.

Two messages for the waverers -

1. You might think you're a winner or you may think you're a loser and either way you'll be right.

2. Stop hoping to succeed and start intending to succeed .

Rome wasn't built in a day as they say but they still built the Colluseum didn't they ?

Rome was founded 783BC and the Colloseum built 850 years later..so i wont hold my breath then.?
dogfound

Postby montyblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 pm

We could do what celtic have done and introduce the safe standing in the canton that would stick 3/4,000 thousand more in there which would be good because always stand anyway without having to alter the stadium and bring in some from the ninian that want to be in the canton end .
montyblue

Postby FOOTSOLDIER » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:37 pm

No be back in the championship next year
FOOTSOLDIER

Postby Lawnmower » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:46 pm

Seems to me that right now, whilst we are in the Prem the stadium is big enough.

We will probably sell out against the big 6, but that will pretty much be it.

I was surprised we didn’t sell all our season tickets at the prices they were and until we do that then there’s no need to expand further.
Lawnmower

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:58 pm

nothing will happen to our stadium until we see if we survive the prem first, even though i wish we get a new 2nd tier seats all around our stadium asap it wont happen
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:02 pm

No expansion generally, though you think it would make commercial sense for them to replace all the Visit Malaysia and Visit Philippines level with a mixture or corporate, prawn sandwich seats, and a home for the drummer boys.

IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2789.jpg (89.79 KiB) Viewed 2716 times
Chris Holmes

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:18 pm

More seats = more money, tan is a businessman he will expand it if we are looking like being in the premiership again next season because we will sell more than 33,000 for a lot of games and the fan base and club will continue to grow the longer we are in the premiership which i think is bloody great
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby wez1927 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:55 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:More seats = more money, tan is a businessman he will expand it if we are looking like being in the premiership again next season because we will sell more than 33,000 for a lot of games and the fan base and club will continue to grow the longer we are in the premiership which i think is bloody great

Agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:32 pm

wez1927 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:More seats = more money, tan is a businessman he will expand it if we are looking like being in the premiership again next season because we will sell more than 33,000 for a lot of games and the fan base and club will continue to grow the longer we are in the premiership which i think is bloody great

Agree

We will uave to buck the trend then because outside top six teams the other established premiership teams do not fill their stadiums unless local derby! Cannot see us being an exception to this. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby snoopystorm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:41 pm

Heard the same argument when the stadium was being planned... do we need a bigger stadium when Ninnian Park is perfect for what we need.......the decision back then wasnt welcomed with open arms, heard a lot of people say they would boycott a new stadium, fast forward x amount of years and now do we need more seats?

Short answer yes, the bigger games sell out rapidly, season tickets sell out rapidly in the want to be areas (USW Stand)......

OP mention Man Utd and big 6 teams, they are the bread and butter of income for the smaller teams, in business terms it would be stupid not to take full advantage of that financial gain, so yes adding a new tier or more seats makes perfect sense... Man Utd benefited financially by opening new seating areas in the upper quadrants, Arsenal and Man City benefited from newer improved stadiums with more seating, Spurs have benefited from using Wembley and will further benefit from their new stadium, West Ham.... ok they haven’t benefited on the pitch and there’s ongoing issues but seating wise they have benefitted from the switch to a bigger stadium, our noises neighbours did too when they moved from the vetch to the Liberty.

Clubs survive from ‘bums in seats’ and shirt sales as their main income throughout the season so more seats means more financial stability, ultimately results in larger transfer kitties :thumbright:
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby Nuclearblue » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:43 pm

No not at the moment for the City. But for Wales matches definitely :thumbup:
Nuclearblue

Postby Carlossus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Keeping out of this one can see the pros and cons either way .
Carlossus

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:34 am

Would this mean more front seats would be exposed to the rain?
Bakedalasker

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am

Bakedalasker wrote:Would this mean more front seats would be exposed to the rain?

When it rains the whole Ninian stand gets wet Chief lol
Nuclearblue

Postby Scoularfan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:56 pm

It no I think :roll:
Scoularfan

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:51 am

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Agree

We will uave to buck the trend then because outside top six teams the other established premiership teams do not fill their stadiums unless local derby! Cannot see us being an exception to this. :old:

Most clubs havent got the fanbase to tap in too and the potential we have thats why. We are a one city club with newport a surrounding city relatively small club, barry and the south wales valleys to tap in too. We need years in the premiership and to establish ourselves there for this to happen but we got massive potential, just my opinion if course. Youngsters and people like to follow a good team and premiership team. Now we need to keep that status and keep improving for the club and fanbase to grow and grow.
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby ThomasC » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:54 am

Does the facts back this up? I live in Southampton and can tell you with certainty, that local businesses are giving away tickets to employees that never happened when first promoted. Demand is going down not up.

Let's see what just about surviving each season does in regards to demand for tickets for us.
ThomasC

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm

ThomasC wrote:

Does the facts back this up? I live in Southampton and can tell you with certainty, that local businesses are giving away tickets to employees that never happened when first promoted. Demand is going down not up.

Let's see what just about surviving each season does in regards to demand for tickets for us.

your correct..i dont think that you can both keep on increasing TVexposure of live games and expect crowds to remain at an all time high let alone grow..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:54 pm

ThomasC wrote:

your correct..i dont think that you can both keep on increasing TVexposure of live games and expect crowds to remain at an all time high let alone grow..
dogfound

Postby RV Casual » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:56 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Heard the same argument when the stadium was being planned... do we need a bigger stadium when Ninnian Park is perfect for what we need.......the decision back then wasnt welcomed with open arms, heard a lot of people say they would boycott a new stadium, fast forward x amount of years and now do we need more seats?

Short answer yes, the bigger games sell out rapidly, season tickets sell out rapidly in the want to be areas (USW Stand)......

OP mention Man Utd and big 6 teams, they are the bread and butter of income for the smaller teams, in business terms it would be stupid not to take full advantage of that financial gain, so yes adding a new tier or more seats makes perfect sense... Man Utd benefited financially by opening new seating areas in the upper quadrants, Arsenal and Man City benefited from newer improved stadiums with more seating, Spurs have benefited from using Wembley and will further benefit from their new stadium, West Ham.... ok they haven’t benefited on the pitch and there’s ongoing issues but seating wise they have benefitted from the switch to a bigger stadium, our noises neighbours did too when they moved from the vetch to the Liberty.

Clubs survive from ‘bums in seats’ and shirt sales as their main income throughout the season so more seats means more financial stability, ultimately results in larger transfer kitties :thumbright:

Agree with a lot of what you say apart from the last bit.

What Clubs get from match day ticket sales through the season is a drop in the ocean.

You would be lucky to pay 7-8 of our squad one weeks wage of what we take in match day ticket sales.

It obviously helps but Clubs don't survive on it far from it.
RV Casual

Postby snoopystorm » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:57 pm

RV Casual wrote:
snoopystorm wrote:Heard the same argument when the stadium was being planned... do we need a bigger stadium when Ninnian Park is perfect for what we need.......the decision back then wasnt welcomed with open arms, heard a lot of people say they would boycott a new stadium, fast forward x amount of years and now do we need more seats?

Agree with a lot of what you say apart from the last bit.

What Clubs get from match day ticket sales through the season is a drop in the ocean.

You would be lucky to pay 7-8 of our squad one weeks wage of what we take in match day ticket sales.

It obviously helps but Clubs don't survive on it far from it.

What I meant by the last part is it’s gaurenteed income throughout the season, advertising is a lump sum at the start, sales of tickets and shirts are a weekly/fortnightly income, I can see what your saying about one weeks wages for several players but that’s for us, on the whole the sales of tickets and shirts go back into the club and part of that is funnelled into the transfer kitty, so more seats means more revenue for any club ultimately resulting in a larger transfer pot to play with
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Next

Return to General Chat