Exclusive: Everton face tapping-up inquiry/Cardiff Player

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am

Exclusive: Everton face second tapping-up inquiry after allegedly breaking Premier League rules over schoolboy pursuit

Daily Telegraph

Tuesday 18th September 2018

Everton are facing a second tapping-up inquiry over allegations they broke Premier League rules in pursuit of a schoolboy who now plays for Manchester United.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal the club are under investigation following claims they breached regulations on the transfer of minors during an attempt to sign the youngster from Cardiff City.

Everton are already facing an independent inquiry into their recruitment of manager Marco Silva amid a bitter dispute with his former club, Watford.

The Telegraph can now reveal the Premier League received a letter last month – a copy of which was also sent to this newspaper – containing detailed accusations about the alleged tapping-up of a schoolboy by Everton in 2016. If found guilty, they risk joining Liverpool and Manchester City in being handed an academy transfer ban.

The letter alleges the boy was tapped up by Martin Waldron, the club’s head of academy recruitment, who it accuses of approaching his family “towards the end of his under-11 year or early in the under-12 year”.

It claims the boy was offered a place at a school associated with Everton, as well as “full costs paid for a rented house and a family allowance cash payment of £600 per month”. The letter alleges the proposed transfer collapsed after Waldron was informed it would not comply with “international clearance rules”, leaving the boy “in limbo” and “unable to play” academy football.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Exclusive: Everton face tapping-up inquiry/Cardiff Playe

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:06 am

Cardiff City youngster was 'tapped up' by Everton - reports

Everton are facing allegations of ‘tapping up’ a young player who was at Cardiff City, according to reports.

The Telegraph claim a young player aged around 12, who has not been named, was subject to an approach from the Goodison Park club - who are now being investigated about a potential breach of transfer regulations.

If found guilty they could get an academy transfer ban. The youngster, whose family had already relocated to North Wales, has since signed for Manchester United.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:14 am

You can see why a lot of clubs arent investing in youth teams anymore, being tapped up at 12 :shock:
2blue2handle

Postby Chris Holmes » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:18 am

A pity there's not more detail about this part...

The youngster, whose family had already relocated to North Wales, has since signed for Manchester United.

Why did they move?
Chris Holmes

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:40 am

Chris Holmes wrote:A pity there's not more detail about this part...

The youngster, whose family had already relocated to North Wales, has since signed for Manchester United.

Why did they move?

for the state of the art north walian cities
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Nuclearblue » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Chris Holmes wrote:A pity there's not more detail about this part...

Why did they move?

To be with there son I would guess. Not everyone is a Lee Tomlin :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Nuclearblue

Postby stickywicket » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:24 pm

It doesn't always work out.
A kid opposite me was poached by Chelsea from us at 16 years of age.
Didn't make the grade.
His old man contacted City and asked to take him back.. He was more or less told to f**k off
stickywicket

Postby Blueboys1927 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Two 16 year olds I know, twin brothers, now both play for Bristol City, one is close to a first team call up having already played for their u23s. Both live in Cardiff and both use to be with Cardiff. Kids move around though to better themselves. Bristol city offered a better option to them both :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Unfortunately, any youngster showing a decent level of ability gets poached these days and we will never see another good youngster coming through to the first team unless we stay in the Premiership. Our next youngster capable of breaking through was Rabbi Matondo - I just spotted a video of him playing for Man City, it makes me sick they’ve poached him from us, he should be our player!

Tonteg Bluebird

Return to General Chat