Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ JOE BENNETTS RECOVERY “

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am

Joe Bennett's immense recovery from Man City furore

Wednesday 19th September 2018

The very mention of Manchester City is enough to send shivers down most defenders’ spines these days, but for Cardiff City’s Joe Bennett it must illicit even stronger feelings.

The game against Pep Guardiola’s behemoths was billed as a mouth-watering prospect for everyone connected with Cardiff.

With promotion by no means guaranteed back then, it was the chance to welcome the Premier League’s best team to Cardiff City Stadium and give them a thorough examination.

The result was very different as a flat Bluebirds’ team performance left fans frustrated — City cruised to a 2-0 victory.

Bennett, meanwhile, had his world tipped upside down. The left-back found himself at the centre of a vicious media storm following his tackle on Leroy Sane.

As Cardiff prepare to host Man City again — this time as Premier League equals — we’ve charted Bennett’s journey from Public Enemy Number One to arguably the Bluebirds’ most accomplished

Re: “ JOE BENNETTS RECOVERY “

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:00 am

I'm sure 'Pep' will use Joe Bennett to play his 'mind games' but the team have to rise above it :thumbright:

The big boys don't like it up 'em (as their game with Wolves showed) and a battling Bluebirds performance at home could make for an exciting game and that is all we can ask for

Hopefully, Joe will play and put in a performance that shows how far he has come on! :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:32 am

Hopefully their furore in Europe tonight against Lyon will catch up with them Saturday

Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:34 am

I think he deserves as much support as we can give him on Saturday, I think the way Pep and the media behaved after the tackle was awful. Yes, it was a horrible tackle, but it was not malicious, it was mistimed and Sane was actually back playing months earlier than Jazz Richards after a tackle from them in the same game.

The way he was targeted in the media at the time must have been awful for him and his family. They portrayed it as if Man City's players have never made a bad challenge before, whereas from what I remember of the game, there were plenty of them on both sides, not just from us!

Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Massive deal made out of nothing. You see Much worse tackles that are never mentioned again. The tackle on jazz, in the same game, was just as bad and I don’t even think that was even shown in the highlights.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:33 pm

Next time Joe, little bit higher with two feet! :thumbright: