SOL BAMBA AND JUNIOR HOILETT TALK BASICS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:54 am

Sol Bamba says Cardiff need to cut out mistakes
By Richard Cooke

Sol Bamba and Junior Hoilett explain what Cardiff need to do to get their their first win of the season

Cardiff first win of the season will come if they cut out the mistakes, according to Sol Bamba.

Neil Warnock's side are outside the bottom three only on goal difference after losing three and drawing two of their first five games back in the Premier League.

Champions Manchester City visit south Wales on Saturday and Bamba believes they need to stick to the basics.

Speaking at a Cardiff City FC Foundation and Premier League Primary Stars event at a local school, Bamba said: "We've got to do better at the back that's for sure because at this level every mistake gets punished.

"When we get a chance we need to take it and I think that's been the difference so far.

"We need to keep the basics, to be strong and make sure we are difficult to beat and then I'm sure we will have a chance.

"We have played top quality opposition so it was always going to be difficult but I think if we carry on playing like we have been then we are definitely going to win more games than we lose."

It's a view echoed by Junior Hoilett, who also attended the event.

"It's been a difficult start but we've been in games and played some tough teams but it's small details that defines wins and losses," he said.

"We're working on it in training and I'm sure we'll get it right. It's just the small details we need to fix and the little mistakes. I'm sure we'll get the first win soon."

Bamba believes Warnock is key to getting Cardiff out of trouble: "I think one of the gaffer's best qualities is his man management," the Ivory Coast international added.

"He can read my mind, he knows how we feel and how we're going to perform and I think that's a big strength.

"On the football side he knows how to adapt, he plays the way we play because he knows what we're good at.

"If we had the players to play the way Manchester City play I'm sure the gaffer would want to play that way.

"But with all due respect to my team-mates and myself we don't have those qualities so we play to our strengths.

"Our strengths are to be physical and make it difficult for the opposition and difficult to beat and when we get a chance we need to score."

Sol Bamba and Junior Hoilett were visiting St Mary the Virgin Church Primary School as a part of the Cardiff City FC Foundation and Premier League Primary Stars. They joined in the students' PE class and donated a new football kit for the school.
Attachments
Sol.jpg
Sol.jpg (99.24 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Junior.jpg
Junior.jpg (38.22 KiB) Viewed 794 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Return to General Chat