Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ SO WHAT EVER HAPPENS NEIL WARNOCK “

Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:14 pm

SO WHAT EVER HAPPENS NEIL WARNOCK THIS SEASON WE SHOUKD STAND BY WARNOCK AND IF RELEGATED WARNOCK SHOULD BE GIVEN ANOTHER SEASON TO TRY TO GET US BACK UP / HE DESERVES AT LEAST THAT :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Where Cardiff City were two years ago

Neil Warnock, you deserve a medal :thumbright: :bluebird:

Warnock has achieved a lot on small budgets and plenty of free transfers and loans.

For me No one also really deserves credit other than Neil Warnock who virtually single handed safed our club from going further down and financially getting us out the deep shit we had got ourselves in.

At that stage we were £170mill in debt and a team that looked already doomed.

Manager after manager were messing up big time .

If you disagree, please tell me which other City manager was achieving anything? ?

Plus how were we doing when Warnock on the field and off?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ SO WHAT EVER HAPPENS NEIL WARNOCK “

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:08 pm

While Neil Warnock has done an amazing job that's for sure, to say it is solely down to him is in my opinion wrong, Tan should take all the plaudits.
He has given us £200mill as a present.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:40 pm

pontyclunblue wrote:While Neil Warnock has done an amazing job that's for sure, to say it is solely down to him is in my opinion wrong, Tan should take all the plaudits.
He has given us £200mill as a present.

agree ,Warnock has done a fantastic job here but without backing { which I think many under estimate } we would be nowhere.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SO WHAT EVER HAPPENS NEIL WARNOCK THIS SEASON WE SHOUKD STAND BY WARNOCK AND IF RELEGATED WARNOCK SHOULD BE GIVEN ANOTHER SEASON TO TRY TO GET US BACK UP / HE DESERVES AT LEAST THAT :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Warnock has achieved a lot on small budgets and plenty of free transfers and loans.

For me No one also really deserves credit other than Neil Warnock who virtually single handed safed our club from going further down and financially getting us out the deep shit we had got ourselves in.

If you disagree, please tell me which other City manager was achieving anything? ?

With all due respect I love Warnock and he has done a fantastic job with the resources and finances he has been given and I hope he can keep us up.

I am a big believer in longevity at a football club looking at how we backed Dave Jones and Malky but to so he should been given the chance to manage us next season when we don't know how this season is gonna pan out is a bit absurd.

And saying he single handed saved the club is a bit much don't you think? He saved the club from getting relegated yes but saving the club is not really the case is, you have to give the board credit Annis, they gave him the job, they gave him the finances to go out and buy the players he wanted and ultimately they clear the debt you have mentioned.

Warnock has played a part in getting this club away from trouble but give the board credit Annis.. :thumbup:

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:07 pm

No we must move on from the Warnock era,we simply can't afford to stand still,we must look to future and Warnock is not the future he's the past,harsh I know but that's how professional football is now especially top tire

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:12 pm

He’s not single handedly saved our club, but he’s played a massive part in a team effort, the buck always stops at the top be good or bad. While they must take the fire when it’s bad they also have to be praised when things go well.

Early days and it’s going to wear some fans down, but watching this team and manager give absolutely everything for the blue shirt has been a joy. It shows how much the fans appreciate that, people from South Wales are hard working and it’s what we demand at the very least.

We might well come up short, but everything is in much better shape and seeing the fans so behind the team Saturday reminded me of the old Cardiff and as it should be.

Whatever happens this season Warnock has worked wonders just getting us there and competing with this teams, we have been in both games until the end really which is again incredible.

I can’t see him wanting another go next season, but let’s cross that bridge if it’s on the horizon.

All in all can’t wait for the electric atmosphere Saturday

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Even if we go down we NEED to back Warnock 100% of the way!

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:40 pm

It is not often I agree with Annis, but on this occasion I 100% back him with keeping Neil Warnock as our manager next season whatever happens this year.
Even if we end up with a record low total of points( which we won't I'm sure) I would want Warnock as our manager in the Championship because he has proved he is the best in that division.
Our new signings are proven quality players in that league and I would back us to go straight back up.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:47 pm

Totally agree Annis,

If we are gonna go down or look like we are whats the point of sacking him ,shelling out more money for a manager that could still take us down ,no point in that .

Personally I'd love Vincent Tan to tell him regardless of what happens you are here all year if we go down you bring us back up as you know he could do it.

The job he has done in such a short time on the field and off it has been superb and I'm just so glad we got him .

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:37 pm

Reply on fb

Hue Dai

I agree with you 100% mate. He individually sorted out the team and all the off the field dramas. He saved us from relegation and got us promoted and got all City fans back on side - win or lose :bluebird: We ALL owe him big time

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:38 pm

Reply on on fb

David Woodley

Unfortunately I think he will retire end of this season regardless of the outcome.

But I hope he doesn’t, fans are quick to put him down for not buying a class striker, but the fact is he has not been given the funds required.

In Warnock we trust.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:45 pm

No idea why anyone is talking about relagation, still less sacking a great manager at this stage of the season.
Do these people go indoors to shiver and hide on fireworks night ?
I can only suggest adult incontinence pants .

Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply on on fb

David Woodley

Unfortunately I think he will retire end of this season regardless of the outcome.

But I hope he doesn’t, fans are quick to put him down for not buying a class striker, but the fact is he has not been given the funds required.

In Warnock we trust.

he does look as if he's enjoying management, and life at CCFC.

as long as he's treated well, i think he'll keep going for at least another season after this. i think it's a long time since he had a group of players, fans, and chairman who are fully behind him.

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Quakerman wrote:It is not often I agree with Annis, but on this occasion I 100% back him with keeping Neil Warnock as our manager next season whatever happens this year.
Even if we end up with a record low total of points( which we won't I'm sure) I would want Warnock as our manager in the Championship because he has proved he is the best in that division.
Our new signings are proven quality players in that league and I would back us to go straight back up.

That's not really the point here is it, it's his sentiments for it which are ludicrous to say the least.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:57 am

Great manager and coaching staff we got it right bringing them in .The job they have done is just superb so well done all at city of we go down we have the best manager in the championship.
BUT for the life of me why have we put the club where its almost impossible to stay up I just don't get it one bit .Should of spent a more realistic amount to give Neil a chance to keep us up.
That part is so dissapointing to me but I'll enjoy as much as I can no dought.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:55 am

it's a bit too early to predict. Yes, he does deserve respect and admiration, he's got that from everybody. However, if we got hammered this season we'd need fresh ideas.

Don't panic mind, we've done alright bar the Newcastle game where I thought we were shocking.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:30 am

Why are we even discussing a change. For god sake back the players,club and mostly the Manager. If we Had Guardiola as manager I don't think he could do much with the money we have.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:12 am

Warnock without a doubt my favourite manager since supporting the club. What he has done getting us up was unbelievable. While the club is heading in the right direction he will always get my support. But to me that doesn't mean he gets a job for life no matter what. The club will always be bigger than anyone person.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:43 am

If we finish bottom with 12 points I still trust him.

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:55 am

I agree with the OP in the main and believe that the sensible thing to do is back/keep Neil Warnock :thumbright:

Looking at his position, we need to look at how long is his contract in place for?

This season and the next is my understanding and Neil Warnock has already said he wants to carry on managing, so there's no big drama looming from that point of view but there are a couple of things to consider...

First and possibly most importantly, if we were to be relegated (and I don't like all the early season negativity that seems to be around) then who better is there to see a quick return to the Premier League?

Secondly, if we manage to stay in the Premier League, will Neil Warnock decide that for him it's "job done" and retire or simply decide he prefers life in the cut and thrust of the Championship?

He knows he can take another club on a similar journey to that he's done with ours and he may actually want that challenge and an opportunity to cement his promotion legend; although he did say that he saw Cardiff City as "one last opportunity"

Personally, I hope he stays regardless but the second scenario above is IMHO the more likely to see him leave rather than being forced out by anyone within the club

Ultimately, no one will know better than the man himself when it's time to move over. He a class guy! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:27 am

Lets be honest Warnock has had a little support but he not just got us promoted he has brought back the happy factor
enjoying supporting Cardiff City something many supporters havent done for a long time.

Win or lose Warnock has us discussing the game but not trying to hang people .

The club is enjoyable for supporters staff volunteers players the players families etc the whole club and that is the Warnock factor yes he has had support but its Warnock who has not saved our club but its actually playing in the premier league

Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:31 am

Fellow ST holder said to me he should have been replaced by a manager with PL experience or equivalent foreign experience. I can see his point to the degree he has not succeeded in PL before coupled with the unsuitable pre season opposition (save Betis) plus the fact he bought in no players with PL or equivalent experience.

But I say he deserves a shot and am confident he can keep us up this year as there are 3 clubs "worse" than us. Not sure which clubs those are but I have to believe there are 3 worse teams!

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:58 am

I agree with most of what Annis says, with the exception that only Warnock should be credited. He deserves the vast majority of the praise but I also thank Tan, for keeping his nose out and promise of debt to equity, and Dalman & Choo for building an excellent relationship with Warnock and facilitating his plans.

I can't remember the last time our club was so united and together from the top right down to the bottom. Board, management, players and most importantly fans are all pulling in the same direction. For me this is Warnock's greatest achievement. When you add to that he took us from relegation fodder to the Premier League in 18 months, his total impact has been near miraculous.

I've always stated, and continue to believe, that Warnock should be given the full season regardless. If we stay up, which I believe we will, all well and good. If we don't, what better manager than Warnock to get us out of the Championship again?

If we changed manager mid season what replacement would get more out of this group of players than Neil? We might not be the most skillful team in the division but no one can question our endeavour, commitment, effort and desire. As City fans that's all most of us have ever asked, and Warnock delivers this in bucket loads. Long may he reign. :notworthy: :bluebird:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Sunday is a real test for him and I really hope he can step Sunday and make the changes needed.. I really can't deal with him coming out praising Dyche saying this and that.. don't know why he has changed his approach to things the too much respect to opposition is a little embarrassing, needs to start talking our team up doesn't give much confidence to our players in press conferences and interviews enough.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SO WHAT EVER HAPPENS NEIL WARNOCK THIS SEASON WE SHOUKD STAND BY WARNOCK AND IF RELEGATED WARNOCK SHOULD BE GIVEN ANOTHER SEASON TO TRY TO GET US BACK UP / HE DESERVES AT LEAST THAT :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Absolutely definitely! The position we find ourselves in this season is not his fault. If he wants another season with Tan next time then he has earned that as far as I'm concerned.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply on on fb

David Woodley

In Warnock we trust.

Agree with these sentiments. I feel sorry for the man after everything he achieved last season.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Interesting to hear NW state he has been told to stop saying lets enjoy it.
Wonder who told him that?
Shocking if its Choo or Tan.
The guy should manage Cardiff until he decides he's had enough.
Hopefully many years yet to continue in charge.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 pm

Your making an assumption that Warnock will still be our manager at the end of the season,I myself would not make that assumption

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:47 pm

fred keenor wrote:Interesting to hear NW state he has been told to stop saying lets enjoy it.
Wonder who told him that?
Shocking if its Choo or Tan.
The guy should manage Cardiff until he decides he's had enough.
Hopefully many years yet to continue in charge.

We can only guess. But his interviews were becoming a bit annoying in my opinion. He is a premiership manager and nerds to act accordingly.