UPDATE: NEIL WARNOCK: INJURY UPDATE AHEAD OF MAN CITY GAME

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:48 pm

UPDATE:

Other Cardiff injury problems

21/09/18

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We’ve got one or two little niggles as always. We’ll leave it till the last minute. We’ve had a little bit of a virus this week too but everyone wants to be involved if I can. We’ll have a look at the sick parade.”

Cardiff City have no fresh injury concerns ahead of their huge clash with reigning Premier League champions Man City on Saturday.

The Bluebirds remain without a win in the league so far this season but are still above the relegation zone ahead of the visit of Pep Guardiola's side having earned two draws from their five outings to date.

Neil Warnock will once again be unable to call upon the services of long-term absentee Nathaniel Mendez-Laing following the winger's injury in the early stages of the 0-0 draw with Huddersfield Town last month.

The Yorkshireman will also be without Josh Murphy who has not starred for the Bluebirds since the stalemate with Huddersfield due to a hamstring problem.

But the Bluebirds' only other concern surrounds the fitness of central midfielder Aron Gunnarsson.

The Iceland international is yet to feature for Cardiff this season due to a knee problem but is understood to be edging ever closer to getting back on the pitch having returned to training.

Warnock admitted he could have selected the midfielder against Chelsea last weekend before adding he does not want to rush the 29-year-old back too soon
Attachments
Gunnar.jpg
Gunnar.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 2293 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NEIL WARNOCK: INJURY UPDATE AHEAD OF MAN CITY GAME

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:26 pm

Murphy has a hamstring injury? How? He's barely played any football. Sometimes I wonder if we over work the players in training because its always the explosive one's that get injured. Mendez-Laing, Zohore, Harris, Ward, Murphy. Why do we always have so many injuries.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Murphy has a hamstring injury? How? He's barely played any football. Sometimes I wonder if we over work the players in training because its always the explosive one's that get injured. Mendez-Laing, Zohore, Harris, Ward, Murphy. Why do we always have so many injuries.

Maybe they're not a serious injury in footballing terms but with the advent of sports sciences any injury however slight is highlighted and managers tend to err on side of caution rather than play players against advice of sports scientist employed by club. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:48 pm

I’m sure this report is wrong. Warnock said in last weeks media that’s Murphy was back training last Friday but wouldn’t be risked against Chelsea. We’ll know more tomorrow when Warnock gives his press conference. As he hasn’t done any media this week yet.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Bluesman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:22 am

Let hope Murphy is fit as we need him badly.
Bluesman

Postby fred keenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:41 am

Gunner injured again :-(
fred keenor

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:51 am

fred keenor wrote:Gunner injured again :-(

Mystic Meg would have seen that coming :banghead: if he is injured again then there is no way will he be up to the pace of PL football, look how long it took him to get back into it last season and then injured again. Wonder if he will go on Statutory Sick Pay
1980s Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:54 am

Other Cardiff injury problems

21/09/18

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We’ve got one or two little niggles as always. We’ll leave it till the last minute. We’ve had a little bit of a virus this week too but everyone wants to be involved if I can. We’ll have a look at the sick parade.”
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:59 am

Forever Blue wrote:Other Cardiff injury problems

21/09/18

NEIL WARNOCK:

That does not sound good :banghead:
1980s Bluebird

Return to General Chat