Don't Forget What Neil Warnock Said Before This Season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:38 pm

He said you take away the top 6 teams in this division and anyone can beat anyone, now us fans knew it would be a challenging time ahead for Cardiff knowing that we had gotten a tough fixture list BUT don't panic, because after Man City we have winnable games in Burnley and Fulham at home, and then after the next big 2 teams Tottenham and Liverpool we have got a better run of games going into November and Early December
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Don't Forget What Neil Warnock Said Before This Season

Postby 64JACK » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:He said you take away the top 6 teams in this division and anyone can beat anyone, now us fans knew it would be a challenging time ahead for Cardiff knowing that we had gotten a tough fixture list BUT don't panic, because after Man City we have winnable games in Burnley and Fulham at home, and then after the next big 2 teams Tottenham and Liverpool we have got a better run of games going into November and Early December

Stupid thing too say. Anyone can beat anyone end of. It's a negative statement. Didn't you beat the champions Man City in your first home game last time around? In our 7 seasons in the Prem we beat Arsenal 6 times, Man Utd 4, Liverpool 4, Chelsea 2, and Man City once. If you want to stay in this league, then you have to look at taking points off these teams. You can't rely on looking at those around you for points as if you do, then you wont survive.
64JACK

Postby Llan_Blue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:03 pm

64JACK wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:He said you take away the top 6 teams in this division and anyone can beat anyone, now us fans knew it would be a challenging time ahead for Cardiff knowing that we had gotten a tough fixture list BUT don't panic, because after Man City we have winnable games in Burnley and Fulham at home, and then after the next big 2 teams Tottenham and Liverpool we have got a better run of games going into November and Early December

Stupid thing too say. Anyone can beat anyone end of. It's a negative statement. Didn't you beat the champions Man City in your first home game last time around? In our 7 seasons in the Prem we beat Arsenal 6 times, Man Utd 4, Liverpool 4, Chelsea 2, and Man City once. If you want to stay in this league, then you have to look at taking points off these teams. You can't rely on looking at those around you for points as if you do, then you wont survive.

Think your taking what you want from the quote to use as your own agenda. Top Journalism that.
Llan_Blue

Postby 64JACK » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
64JACK wrote:

Think your taking what you want from the quote to use as your own agenda. Top Journalism that.

You can think what you like. I'm not a bitter Jack pining for your relegation, just simply stating facts that you will have to take points from these teams at some point, even if it's just one win in the twelve you play against them, it's three points that could keep you up, it's almost a third of the season that you will play these teams, you can't go writing them off. No agenda here. :thumbup:
64JACK

Postby Stringfellow » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:15 pm

64JACK wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
64JACK wrote:

You can think what you like. I'm not a bitter Jack pining for your relegation, just simply stating facts that you will have to take points from these teams at some point, even if it's just one win in the twelve you play against them, it's three points that could keep you up, it's almost a third of the season that you will play these teams, you can't go writing them off. No agenda here. :thumbup:

Got to agree with the JB these games are very difficult but in both we have been in the game with ten minutes left, yes the teams around you are your most likely chance of points. But these games could ultimately decide what happens.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:17 pm

64JACK wrote:

No, Man City wen't the Champions when we beat them :D (I get your point though) :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby theclaw » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

No, Man City wen't the Champions when we beat them :D (I get your point though) :thumbup:

I thought they were the champions when we beat them.
theclaw

Postby 64JACK » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:34 pm

Look, i know most of you will think i'm just a jack on a WUM, but seriously the Prem may seem daunting but in reality it's the easiest league to stay in in some respects. Show me another league you can survive in by picking up less than a point a game? But some of those points will have to come from the top teams.
64JACK

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm

theclaw wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

No, Man Utd were.
RV Casual

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:39 pm

64JACK wrote:Look, i know most of you will think i'm just a jack on a WUM, but seriously the Prem may seem daunting but in reality it's the easiest league to stay in in some respects. Show me another league you can survive in by picking up less than a point a game? But some of those points will have to come from the top teams.

No we don't, of all the Jacks that have come on here over the years you are probably the most straight up of the lot to be fair fella.
RV Casual

Postby theclaw » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:40 pm

RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

No, Man Utd were.

Wow I would have put money on that,I stand corrected :notworthy:
theclaw

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:45 pm

theclaw wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

No, Man Utd were.

I think it's one of those questions that can catch someone out mate to be fair, City were the Champions of the League in the season we beat them, but at the time we beat them they weren't the Champions, Utd were. So it depends how the questions is asked :thumbup:

Were Man City Champions when we beat them - No
Were Man City Champions in the season we beat them - Yes
RV Casual

Postby theclaw » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
theclaw wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
64JACK wrote:

No, Man Utd were.

I think it's one of those questions that can catch someone out mate to be fair, City were the Champions of the League in the season we beat them, but at the time we beat them they weren't the Champions, Utd were. So it depends how the questions is asked :thumbup:

Were Man City Champions when we beat them - No
Were Man City Champions in the season we beat them - Yes

:thumbup: Cheers
theclaw

Postby Carlossus » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 pm

64JACK wrote:

Welcome Jack, good constructive contribution but I dont think the general opinion of fans are writing us off against the big clubs its a matter of what if. If we survive this season I am sure expectations and opinions will have a different slant. If I remember correctly did you not lose your first game in the premier 5-0 away to Man city and fair play you turned your season around,a different scenario with us but I think we can do the same but yes we do have to take some points from the big boys as mediocre clubs will surely take points from us. :thumbup:
Carlossus

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:22 am

64JACK wrote:Look, i know most of you will think i'm just a jack on a WUM, but seriously the Prem may seem daunting but in reality it's the easiest league to stay in in some respects. Show me another league you can survive in by picking up less than a point a game? But some of those points will have to come from the top teams.

Mike, you're by far the better of the 'Jack' supporters who come on this Forum :thumbright:

IMHO you're certainly not a WUM and usually make a lot of sense with your comments! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby fred keenor » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:28 am

Some bottom half teams will take , or nick points off the top 6 occasionally.
We need to make sure we do as well.
Not convinced with the present tactics, survival is what its all about.
Parking the bus and nicking a goal would be my option.
We don't have a good enough back 4 or 5 , and need the the midfield to support the defence as well.
Gunners needed more than ever before to protect the back 4.
fred keenor

Return to General Chat