Former Bluebird RETIRES From Football

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Jon Parkin, a great player for us back in the day and so i say good luck to him whatever he does in his future. :ayatollah:

Football will be all the worse at the end of this season - the one and only Jon Parkin has decided to call it a day!
Attachments
C72r-4GWkAEg9Uc.jpg
C72r-4GWkAEg9Uc.jpg (90.46 KiB) Viewed 2626 times
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Former Bluebird RETIRES From Football

Postby BluebirdWhitchurch » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:46 pm

not really a great player for us not sure where you pulled that from
BluebirdWhitchurch

Postby Bakedalasker » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:11 pm

Never a great player for us. Infact his move to us was a great mistake according to him.

DJ brought him in and got of to a great start with that goal against Norwich away on his debut. After that nothing happened for him. Then Malky came in and it was the start of the end for him. He was nothing special for us in the end.
Bakedalasker

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:12 pm

11 games 1 goal, great player for us?

Come on Sam your better than that young man, you need to up your research :ayatollah:
RV Casual

Postby Gaynor Straight » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:41 pm

Nothing more than a bit of a cult hero because he managed to carve out a career as a professional footballer whilst being a bit out of shape.
Gaynor Straight

Postby TommyP » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:42 pm

He played for us? :?
TommyP

Postby brickyblue » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Wasn't his one goal a stunner outside the box I'm sure it was if memory serves other than that he was awful for us to big a move for him in afraid no disrespect meant of course.
brickyblue

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:50 pm

Heard him on TalkSport and he told a story where he played and scored for us against Huddersfield in the early rounds of our run to the League Cup Final in 2012. By the time of the Final he was out on loan @ Scunthorpe. He contacted Cardiff to try and get tickets for the Final but City refused to give him any!

He and his mates still went and paid for tickets themselves and apparently had a great weekend.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:12 pm

brickyblue wrote:Wasn't his one goal a stunner outside the box I'm sure it was if memory serves other than that he was awful for us to big a move for him in afraid no disrespect meant of course.

Yes a stunning goal to :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby RV Casual » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Heard him on TalkSport and he told a story where he played and scored for us against Huddersfield in the early rounds of our run to the League Cup Final in 2012. By the time of the Final he was out on loan @ Scunthorpe. He contacted Cardiff to try and get tickets for the Final but City refused to give him any!

He and his mates still went and paid for tickets themselves and apparently had a great weekend.

I read a similar story mate, think it was on here, copy and paste from the paper although iv read so much stuff I can't remember, what I do remember though was feeling conflicted about the story.

I'm sure his mates were Liverpool fans and what happened was cos he was still a player he thought he could still get tickets from the Club so he asked the Club and they said 'No' according to him because of Jones.

Now, I would imagine, the truth is more something like this, he was probably entitled to one, maybe two tickets as a player (I know Darcy Blake) and I'm sure officially he had something like 4 as a 'first team player' (he was on the bench that day), Jon Parkin comes across to me as someone who wants to blame everyone else for his downfalls from what I'v read anyway and my guess would be he asked the Club for 8 tickets for him and his mates and the Club said, sorry Jon you can only have 2 and forever the victim he think's thats a story worthy of his book which id be amazed if more than 300 people buy.
RV Casual

Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:40 pm

He hasn’t retired.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:58 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:He hasn’t retired.

Ned, you could argue he retired years ago! :thumbright: :lol: :lol:

I don't get the sudden 'cult hero' thing, as my memory reminds me that he was far from a success' at this club and many were questioning his ability soon into his time here!

One great goal and some poor performances saw him shipped out almost as quickly as he came in

I believe there was no love lost between him and Malky either? :?
Attachments
Jon Parkin.jpg
Jon Parkin.jpg (80.33 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:18 am

RV Casual wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Heard him on TalkSport and he told a story where he played and scored for us against Huddersfield in the early rounds of our run to the League Cup Final in 2012. By the time of the Final he was out on loan @ Scunthorpe. He contacted Cardiff to try and get tickets for the Final but City refused to give him any!

I read a similar story mate, think it was on here, copy and paste from the paper although iv read so much stuff I can't remember, what I do remember though was feeling conflicted about the story.

I'm sure his mates were Liverpool fans and what happened was cos he was still a player he thought he could still get tickets from the Club so he asked the Club and they said 'No' according to him because of Jones.

Now, I would imagine, the truth is more something like this, he was probably entitled to one, maybe two tickets as a player (I know Darcy Blake) and I'm sure officially he had something like 4 as a 'first team player' (he was on the bench that day), Jon Parkin comes across to me as someone who wants to blame everyone else for his downfalls from what I'v read anyway and my guess would be he asked the Club for 8 tickets for him and his mates and the Club said, sorry Jon you can only have 2 and forever the victim he think's thats a story worthy of his book which id be amazed if more than 300 people buy.

You’re correct, Darcy used to get 4 tickets per game, but for the lesser games he could pick up an extra 1 or 2 from his fellow players who weren’t using them. Obviously a final isn’t a lesser game though. I was lucky enough to get a ticket off him for the FA Cup final as I’d lived away for many years by that point and probably wouldn’t have got one. A top bloke is our Darce! :thumbup:
103 Barmy Army

Postby dogfound » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:22 am

Sven wrote:

I don't get the sudden 'cult hero' thing, as my memory reminds me that he was far from a success' at this club and many were questioning his ability soon into his time here!

One great goal and some poor performances saw him shipped out almost as quickly as he came in

don't get the cult stuff either...your memory on this is fine. .he was crap made only 2 starts in the league and makes Tomlin look like Twiggy... Malky probably didn't give him tickets because he realised the rest of our fans in that section might also feel peckish.
dogfound

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:49 am

Sven wrote:

I believe there was no love lost between him and Malky either? :?[/

I saw Malky's total loathing of him at first hand one morning after training had finished down the Vale. He wasn't shy in sharing his thoughts which were best described as utter contempt with me either... Couldn't disagree with anything he said.
Bluebird For Life

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:

don't get the cult stuff either...your memory on this is fine. .he was crap made only 2 starts in the league and makes Tomlin look like Twiggy... Malky probably didn't give him tickets because he realised the rest of our fans in that section might also feel peckish.

I witnessed Malky's total loathing of him at first hand one morning after training had finished down the Vale. He wasn't shy in sharing his thoughts which were best described as utter contempt with me either... Couldn't disagree with anything he said.
Bluebird For Life

Return to General Chat