Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY THOUGHTS: ZOHORE MUST START AGAINST MAN CITY

Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:34 pm

MAIN TALKING POINTS FOR THIS SATURDAY
CARDIFF v MAN CITY

CAN HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF?
The Bluebirds face Manchester City this Saturday at the Cardiff City Stadium, but the last time these 2 teams faced off was when they met in the Cup Run, BUT before that the Bluebirds beat the giants at the Cardiff City Stadium 3-2 so can history repeat itself?

I think so

BIG KEN ZOHORE SHOULD START IF CARDIFF WANT A WIN
BUT the main talking point heading into this match is who will be playing, will it be Zohore and Bobby Reid or will Zohore be benched again?, well i believe we can get something in this match IF Zohore starts because the opposition will be tough and I don't think that Bobby Reid and/or Danny Ward will effect the match as much as Zohore would.

DEFENSIVE OR ATTACKING AGAINST THE GIANTS?
Will Cardiff opt to go defensive in order to get a result agains the Champions? I think its 50/50 because if you go attacking Man City will, run faster on the counter or pass quicker through the midfield and if we go defensive then we are opening the door for goals outside the box from Aguero Sane Sterling Kevin De Bruyne Silver Jesus. So we must go attacking because we know we only got a slim chance to get anything so we might as well go for it with Zohore.

A GOALS GALORE GAME
Goals are coming regardless for the bluebirds and the same could be said with Man City, so anyone would think this match has got a load of goals written all over it with people predicting a big score for the Champions and not much from us bluebirds BUT Bamba gave us a slimmer of hope with that ealry goal at Chelsea because that means that regardless of what you think a goal can come from anywhere for Cardiff, so in short yes expect a load of goals.

My Prediction: Cardiff 3-2 Man City Full Time

Re: MY THOUGHTS: ZOHORE MUST START AGAINST MAN CITY

Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:MAIN TALKING POINTS FOR THIS SATURDAY
CARDIFF v MAN CITY

CAN HISTORY REPEAT ITSELF?
The Bluebirds face Manchester City this Saturday at the Cardiff City Stadium, but the last time these 2 teams faced off was when they met in the Cup Run, BUT before that the Bluebirds beat the giants at the Cardiff City Stadium 3-2 so can history repeat itself?

I think so

BIG KEN ZOHORE SHOULD START IF CARDIFF WANT A WIN
BUT the main talking point heading into this match is who will be playing, will it be Zohore and Bobby Reid or will Zohore be benched again?, well i believe we can get something in this match IF Zohore starts because the opposition will be tough and I don't think that Bobby Reid and/or Danny Ward will effect the match as much as Zohore would.

DEFENSIVE OR ATTACKING AGAINST THE GIANTS?
Will Cardiff opt to go defensive in order to get a result agains the Champions? I think its 50/50 because if you go attacking Man City will, run faster on the counter or pass quicker through the midfield and if we go defensive then we are opening the door for goals outside the box from Aguero Sane Sterling Kevin De Bruyne Silver Jesus. So we must go attacking because we know we only got a slim chance to get anything so we might as well go for it with Zohore.

A GOALS GALORE GAME
Goals are coming regardless for the bluebirds and the same could be said with Man City, so anyone would think this match has got a load of goals written all over it with people predicting a big score for the Champions and not much from us bluebirds BUT Bamba gave us a slimmer of hope with that ealry goal at Chelsea because that means that regardless of what you think a goal can come from anywhere for Cardiff, so in short yes expect a load of goals.

My Prediction: Cardiff 3-2 Man City Full Time

Few questions for you Sam, you said you think Zohore should start in front of Ward and Reid, why? Whats that based on?

Shall we go defensive or attacking : well neither, what we should do is play our own game based on the opposition

Its a 'free game' realy... so lets see what happens

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 am

Sam's absolutely right. He said Ken in front of Reid instead of Ward - didn't suggest him replacing Reid. I'm ever so sorry to say this but Ward lacks a vital half yard of pace, ( on which note I'm also sorry to say that Richards has finally shown that he's not good enough at this level).
I know he's been off form for some reason but we know that Ken can score goals when he's firing properly and in that he's the best option we've got in that role at this moment . I also think his unparalleled ability to hold the ball will work better for Reid to start translating his obvious class and high talent into regular results.

I don't think anyone at this level can afford to make it up as they go along , so I disagree with your idea of a " free game ".
Since Manchester City research their opponents so thoroughly , best chance is to do new and unexpected stuff and, I'm sorry, but play very basic direct and unsophisticated football which might possibly put them off their game.

Write it off really though, and don't let it damage morale if we lose because proper teams can't compete with their moneyball but I'm more hopeful that we might get something here than I was with Chelsea. Actually , and I can't justify this rationally, I did have a thought that we'd win 3-2.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:57 am

Credit to Sammy for detailed posts he really is bluebird mad but I can't see us winning 3-2, I think in the end we will be beat comfortably but I know the boys will give it their all and if they can keep it tight for longer the game goes on the more chance we have to get a result.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:04 am

A shitty rainy cold windy day at CCS, I fancy our chances 2-1 :bluebird:

Got to be Reid and Ward, always think something is going to happen with them two. :bluebird:

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:08 am

Zohore in place of Ward come off it. Yes Zohore would have an effect on the game he would continually lose the ball and lollop around the pitch. I am convinced he has lost all intrest. What a waste of potential.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:16 am

Zohore?? Dim diolch. :old:

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:34 pm

He's scored 21 league goals including vital ones in gaining promotion then he has - what - two or three off games and some of these people are writing him off completely.
Honestly , I'm often genuinely surprised at the child like thinking people post

Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:48 pm

SirJimmySchoular wrote:He's scored 21 league goals including vital ones in gaining promotion then he has - what - two or three off games and some of these people are writing him off completely.

He has scored 31 goals since becoming a pro eight and a half years back. Not setting the world on fire with those stats, and apart from his brief golden spell with us which lasted about 5 months, his goal scoring record is abysmal. I have never viewed him as an answer to our scoring problem, but as I said plenty of times before, he has his strengths - just not scoring goals. To be honest, I would say he has had way more than 2 or 3 off games, although he was of course almost unplayable for a few months when he could do no wrong.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
SirJimmySchoular wrote:He's scored 21 league goals including vital ones in gaining promotion then he has - what - two or three off games and some of these people are writing him off completely.

He has scored 31 goals since becoming a pro eight and a half years back. Not setting the world on fire with those stats, and apart from his brief golden spell with us which lasted about 5 months, his goal scoring record is abysmal. I have never viewed him as an answer to our scoring problem, but as I said plenty of times before, he has his strengths - just not scoring goals. To be honest, I would say he has had way more than 2 or 3 off games, although he was of course almost unplayable for a few months when he could do no wrong.

Well I repeat that he's done some important things for us, but yes of course I realise that he's not the most prolific goal scorer in the world. However he is the most prolific goal scorer we've got available for selection at the moment in that position and perhaps more importantly , if Sir Neil is going to carry on with this system of a front man with Bobby Reid coming through, well then Kens certainly the best man to hold the ball and lay it off, because that's one thing which he's very good at.

I accept that we really do need reinforcements in that area of play but of course we can't do that until January whatever happens, so it's a matter of opinion how we manage best till then.

I touched upon betting in a conversation with Annis Abrams , ( I say that as if I know him , which I don't but I can't remember his nickname Forever Blue perhaps ?. In any case , what I was driving in during that was that the secret formula of betting on racing, which is that no one can tell which horse will win a race, ( which is what punters try to do) , but you can usually tell which horses CANNOT win that race, ( which is what bookies do).

NOW - same idea applies here. I don't know and neither does anyone else , which of out three possible strikers CAN get a few goals in the premiership before January, but I think I know which ones can't . If you do that sum, then the answer you're left with is Ken.
Thanks for replying with an intelligent argument though. I'm not convinced , but you make a good point.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:42 am

Sorry SAM I have to disagree with Zohore starting...he just doesn t look interested :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Well I repeat that he's done some important things for us, but yes of course I realise that he's not the most prolific goal scorer in the world. However he is the most prolific goal scorer we've got available for selection at the moment in that position and perhaps more importantly , if Sir Neil is going to carry on with this system of a front man with Bobby Reid coming through, well then Kens certainly the best man to hold the ball and lay it off, because that's one thing which he's very good at.

I accept that we really do need reinforcements in that area of play but of course we can't do that until January whatever happens, so it's a matter of opinion how we manage best till then.

I touched upon betting in a conversation with Annis Abrams , ( I say that as if I know him , which I don't but I can't remember his nickname Forever Blue perhaps ?. In any case , what I was driving in during that was that the secret formula of betting on racing, which is that no one can tell which horse will win a race, ( which is what punters try to do) , but you can usually tell which horses CANNOT win that race, ( which is what bookies do).

NOW - same idea applies here. I don't know and neither does anyone else , which of out three possible strikers CAN get a few goals in the premiership before January, but I think I know which ones can't . If you do that sum, then the answer you're left with is Ken.
Thanks for replying with an intelligent argument though. I'm not convinced , but you make a good point.

Agree with a lot of the above, and he undoubtedly has a lot of ability. I just find him a frustrating sort of player. I always feel there is more to him than what he actually gives on the pitch. Sometimes he is very good, and I think that perhaps the real Zohore is now going to have a major impact, while other times I get the impression that his mind is not really on the game. He is not a player who looks to me as if he gives 100% every time he goes out to play. Perhaps it is injuries or something, or perhaps he is just a laid back type of bloke who gives that sort of impression. Hard to put my finger on it, but I have always believed that he is nowhere near the finished article, and I'm not sure that he ever will be.