Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Mark Lawrenson’s prediction for tomorrow “

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:37 pm

Via BBC Sport :thumbright:

Mark Lawrenson is making predictions for all 380 top-flight matches this season, against a variety of guests.

This week's guest is former Olympic and world champion heptathlete Dame Jessica Ennis-Hill.

Lawro’s prediction:

Manchester City were very poor in their defeat against Lyon in the Champions League in midweek and their performance was probably more worrying than the result.

It looked like some of their players had switched off, and if any of them are coasting, they are asking for trouble.

If you don't put the hard yards in, you can be as brilliant as you like but your performance levels are 10-15% down and it is going to cost you.

I saw it happen some seasons at Liverpool after we had won the league. We rectified it after a while but every team in Manchester City's situation has to deal with it and it is why - certainly in the Premier League - teams have struggled to win the title in consecutive seasons.

As for the game, well these teams met in the FA Cup last season, when Manchester City won and Leroy Sane got clobbered by a Joe Bennett tackle.

I'd expect something similar this time, with Cardiff clattering into them in the nicest possible way and making things as hard as possible for them.

They have got to play to their strengths, because Cardiff are not going to outplay Manchester City at football, are they?

They would get torn apart if they tried although, whatever their approach, this is going to be a tough game for them because I am expecting a big reaction from City following that Lyon defeat.

0-2.

Jessica Ennis-Hill’s prediction: 1-3

Re: “ Mark Lawrenson’s prediction for tomorrow “

Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:43 pm

Never liked that Ennis-Hill.

Bring back "Marky" Mark Wahlburg with his predictions! :thumbup: :thumbup: