Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wheres the fun in losing every week

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Big players great, tv money great but getting smashed sucks. But hey I'll enjoy the ride.

Re: Wheres the fun in losing every week

Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Big players great, tv money great but getting smashed sucks. But hey I'll enjoy the ride.

I think most fans did not expect us to be here this season. Be nice not to lose every week, but it is a bit different watching Man C, Liverpool, Chelsea and the rest instead of Bristol, Rotherham, Bolton etc.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Big players great, tv money great but getting smashed sucks. But hey I'll enjoy the ride.

What a pointless post. Get a grip like.

We were unlucky not to get a point against arsenal and we were still in the game until the 80th minute against Chelsea until bamba gave that pen away. We are hardly getting smashed every week. Saturday was a quality trip and it sounded like the other 2800 City fans who made the trip enjoyed as well.

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 pm

I can relate to this post. I hope we don't lose every week bit I agree to the extent that say if we stay up. Avoiding relegation becomes the only target for the next 15/20 years. I say that long because simply we'll never invest enough to be a top 8 team and even if we do. We'll never be big enough to keep hold of quality players. You look at Blackburn, villa, Newcastle, Bolton, as just examples of teams who got complacent. The football is league is much more exciting as anyone can beat anyone. A team like cardiff who has a very strong team found our selves in the relegation zone. And then promoted the season after

Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:33 pm

I was at the arsenal match with my girls (thanks to RossBlue) and I left feeling proud, even though we lost, because the lads gave 110% out on that pitch, attacked from the first whistle right to the end, can’t ask for more than that, win, lose or draw as long as they give 110% out on that pitch there’s not a lot to grumble about.

I still remember watching MOTD last time we were in the Prem and seeing myself sat with my lad absolutely desolate, arms crossed and head down under my cap, not believing what I was watching.

This time round feels completely different, we have a manager that can produce the goods against the odds, last season proved just that, a spirit within the team that wasn’t there last time around and a belief within the fans that this is possible.

When the lads give 110% on the pitch you can’t grumble regardless of the result

Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:09 pm

bluebird04 wrote:I can relate to this post. I hope we don't lose every week bit I agree to the extent that say if we stay up. Avoiding relegation becomes the only target for the next 15/20 years. I say that long because simply we'll never invest enough to be a top 8 team and even if we do. We'll never be big enough to keep hold of quality players. You look at Blackburn, villa, Newcastle, Bolton, as just examples of teams who got complacent. The football is league is much more exciting as anyone can beat anyone. A team like cardiff who has a very strong team found our selves in the relegation zone. And then promoted the season after

How are Bournemouth keeping their players then, we are a club of similar size to leicester and look what they achieved.
with the catchment area we have, if we could get established in the prem we should be a comfortable mid table team
:bluebird:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:00 am

"How are Bournemouth keeping their players then, we are a club of similar size to leicester and look what they achieved.
with the catchment area we have, if we could get established in the prem we should be a comfortable mid table team."

That's a simple question to answer. Other clubs, even the likes if Leicester, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, are paying their players far more than Cardiff City.

StT.
<><

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 am

I hate losing (fuming for days)

But

Watching shite football has slowly destroyed
Me. I havent seen much decent
Football sin ce Moans was in charge.
Loving the beautiful game but Supporting a
Team that most others view as anti-football
Can be a chore. But i still continue.

At least v arsenal and chelsea there was
Something To be proud of.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:41 am

I can remember getting smashed every week when we were in the basement so chin-up butty. :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:00 am

Well it’s more fun than getting beat by Peterbro; Barnet etc as it was years ago
I am loving this season- team are giving their all_ fans are united- proud of our club

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:04 am

Steve the tea. Agree with every word of your post .spot on .

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am

Firque Hall wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:I can relate to this post. I hope we don't lose every week bit I agree to the extent that say if we stay up. Avoiding relegation becomes the only target for the next 15/20 years. I say that long because simply we'll never invest enough to be a top 8 team and even if we do. We'll never be big enough to keep hold of quality players. You look at Blackburn, villa, Newcastle, Bolton, as just examples of teams who got complacent. The football is league is much more exciting as anyone can beat anyone. A team like cardiff who has a very strong team found our selves in the relegation zone. And then promoted the season after

How are Bournemouth keeping their players then, we are a club of similar size to leicester and look what they achieved.
with the catchment area we have, if we could get established in the prem we should be a comfortable mid table team
:bluebird:

Because neither team really has players that would slide into a top 8 team. Leicester had kante, he went. They had marhez I don't think he is good enough for man city but he's gone.

Bournemouth, apart from one or two signings are still playing the lads that they had in league one and the championship. They do enough to survive every year, but don't ever have one player that stands out week in week out. Maybe ryan fraser, is as close as they get. Just look at Southampton. They seemed to settle in the premier league, and now they found themselves in a relegation scrap last year

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:31 am

Steve the Tea TM (c) wrote:"How are Bournemouth keeping their players then, we are a club of similar size to leicester and look what they achieved.
with the catchment area we have, if we could get established in the prem we should be a comfortable mid table team."

That's a simple question to answer. Other clubs, even the likes if Leicester, Bournemouth and Huddersfield, are paying their players far more than Cardiff City.

StT.
<><

Totally agree Steve and the likelihood is that Tan won't be around forever. If we can achieve the impossible and stay up, he manages to sell on at the price he wants and a new man comes in who wants to develop the club then anything is possible. I wouldn't then rule out our support base galvanising to sustain an upper tier Premier club.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:38 am

Bit of a novelty this season. Reckon we will always yo yo between the leagues. I’m just happy we are more sustainable from a financial point of view, no more meltdowns in the horizon if we go up or down. Live by our means and be debt free. Nurture the young talent around South Wales thru academies and try and compete best we can, if that keeps us in the premier league great, if not, then go again. :bluescarf:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:11 am

Get a grip mate we got man city today you wet flannel.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:24 am

Can’t believe the post. What would you prefer:
1. Watching Cardiff pit their wits against the best teams in the country with a full house & brilliant atmosphere or
2. Watching City play a poor Championship team in front of 15k with no atmosphere?

Are we being smashed every week? No

Do we have a chance in any of these games? Yes, a good performance against Arsenal only going down 3-2 with Arsenal scoring some cracking goals. Held our own away to Chelsea for 80 mins.

If we can perform like that against teams outside the top 6 we will pick up points. :bluebird:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:56 am

snoopystorm wrote:I was at the arsenal match with my girls (thanks to RossBlue) and I left feeling proud, even though we lost, because the lads gave 110% out on that pitch, attacked from the first whistle right to the end, can’t ask for more than that, win, lose or draw as long as they give 110% out on that pitch there’s not a lot to grumble about.

I still remember watching MOTD last time we were in the Prem and seeing myself sat with my lad absolutely desolate, arms crossed and head down under my cap, not believing what I was watching.

This time round feels completely different, we have a manager that can produce the goods against the odds, last season proved just that, a spirit within the team that wasn’t there last time around and a belief within the fans that this is possible.

When the lads give 110% on the pitch you can’t grumble regardless of the result

Spot on :thumbup:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:03 pm

We've hardly been smashed every week have we

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:42 pm

If you’re someone who would rather watch City in the Championship as you’d see us lose less often, then you’re probably the kind of person who thinks everyone should get participation trophies for taking part in any sport, no matter where they finish.

If you are involved in sports or just a supporter, you should want to be testing yourselves against the elite. Any other attitude is pretty pathetic, to be honest.