No Trains-Treherbert/Cardiff tomorrow

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby rhondda 1015 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Make alternative arrangements, you'll need to get to Pontypridd under your own steam, then have the Merthyr/Aberdare trains down and back to Ponty. There are very limited if any bus replacements, so it'll prob be taxis home on the way back.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: No Trains-Treherbert/Cardiff tomorrow

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:Make alternative arrangements, you'll need to get to Pontypridd under your own steam, then have the Merthyr/Aberdare trains down and back to Ponty. There are very limited if any bus replacements, so it'll prob be taxis home on the way back.

I often used to walk from Tonypandy to Nantgarw to go to work when I was sixteen , and that's past Pontypridd.
I'm not so much suggesting it you understand , it's just that you sparked some nostalgic old bollocks in mind and unexpectedly transported me along streets, roads and railway tracks that probably got built on 40 or 50 years ago.
Saturday's I got the football special from Dinas to the Ninian Park Halt - once again bit of senile nostalgia there, ( must stop typing everything I think) !
SirJimmySchoular

Postby eddiep » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:53 am

A nightmare.

A good number of fans use this train
Good news for zeelo though!
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby rhondda 1015 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:18 am

eddiep wrote:A nightmare.

A good number of fans use this train
Good news for zeelo though!

Eddie, I catch various time trains on this line on Saturdays. This will affect at least 750/1000 going to the game tomorrow.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby rhondda 1015 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:20 am

SirJimmySchoular wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:Make alternative arrangements, you'll need to get to Pontypridd under your own steam, then have the Merthyr/Aberdare trains down and back to Ponty. There are very limited if any bus replacements, so it'll prob be taxis home on the way back.

I often used to walk from Tonypandy to Nantgarw to go to work when I was sixteen , and that's past Pontypridd.
I'm not so much suggesting it you understand , it's just that you sparked some nostalgic old bollocks in mind and unexpectedly transported me along streets, roads and railway tracks that probably got built on 40 or 50 years ago.
Saturday's I got the football special from Dinas to the Ninian Park Halt - once again bit of senile nostalgia there, ( must stop typing everything I think) !

Memorable times I'm sure, now dry those tears! :old:

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Return to General Chat