Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NEVER SOLD OUT: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:15 pm

Manchester City Fans Away at Cardiff today

Never sold out the away end and they are Premier League Champions :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:31 pm

Tbf I thought they were the loudest away crowd this season with Arsenal being awful and Newcastle surprisingly quiet (Mind you their team gave them nothing to chant about) but yeah fair play thought Man City away crowd were decent.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Fair play to Man City fans they clapped off Peltier. Decent thing to do

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Tbf I thought they were the loudest away crowd this season with Arsenal being awful and Newcastle surprisingly quiet (Mind you their team gave them nothing to chant about) but yeah fair play thought Man City away crowd were decent.

Yeah they were ok but not much competition in Newcastle and Arsenal. Must be boring winning every week mind where is the excitement in that.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:Tbf I thought they were the loudest away crowd this season with Arsenal being awful and Newcastle surprisingly quiet (Mind you their team gave them nothing to chant about) but yeah fair play thought Man City away crowd were decent.

Yeah they were ok but not much competition in Newcastle and Arsenal. Must be boring winning every week mind where is the excitement in that.

Hmm disagree here mate, I think winning every week and being the best team in the land would be pretty fun...

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:04 pm

With those plastic coats our stewards were giving away, we looked like a stadium of Man City fans today! ;) :lol:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:21 pm

A bit silly singing "Where were you when you were shit?" to Man City supporters.

Even when they were in the old third division they had an average gate of over 25,000 each home game so they are not exactly glory hunters in fairness to them.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:24 pm

davids wrote:A bit silly singing "Where were you when you were shit?" to Man City supporters.

Even when they were in the old third division they had an average gate of over 25,000 each home game so they are not exactly glory hunters in fairness to them.

Correct! :thumbright:

Best round of songs was "We know who we are, we know who we are....we're champions of England, we know who we are!" followed by "We know who you are, we know who you are....sheep shagging b*****ds, we know who who are!"

The whole stadium joined in the latter song...much to the amusement of the Oasis fans! :lol: :lol:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:15 pm

davids wrote:A bit silly singing "Where were you when you were shit?" to Man City supporters.

I'm all for singing any song that gets the atmosphere going but agree. Along with shit Man United..... Really.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 am

Hundreds of empty seats in their end - which was a bit of a surprise

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:36 am

They’ve always been a proper club with proper fans to be fair.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:40 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:They’ve always been a proper club with proper fans to be fair.
but don’t turn up to the smaller championship league games, they had 13000 empty seats in midweek

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:49 am

Willo Cardiff wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:They’ve always been a proper club with proper fans to be fair.
but don’t turn up to the smaller championship league games, they had 13000 empty seats in midweek

Yeah that’s a strange one they don’t seem to have that connection with the Champions league but then the easiest way to get tickets for Man Utd home games are the Champions league apparently.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:52 am

Lawnmower wrote:Hundreds of empty seats in their end - which was a bit of a surprise

Agree, officially a sell-out, but loads of room in there. My mate-a Man City and Cardiff fan-said that some of them buy tickets for every away game but don't even go to some of them, just to make sure they're guaranteed them for the bigger matches.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:56 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Hundreds of empty seats in their end - which was a bit of a surprise

Agree, officially a sell-out, but loads of room in there. My mate-a Man City and Cardiff fan-said that some of them buy tickets for every away game but don't even go to some of them, just to make sure they're guaranteed them for the bigger matches.

Many, many empty seats in the home fans sections as well unfortunately.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:04 am

Sven wrote:

Correct! :thumbright:

Best round of songs was "We know who we are, we know who we are....we're champions of England, we know who we are!" followed by "We know who you are, we know who you are....sheep shagging b*****ds, we know who who are!"

The whole stadium joined in the latter song...much to the amusement of the Oasis fans! :lol: :lol:

Chris, I loved the “Leroy Sane, we thought you were dead” one.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:22 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Not denying that, I expect it for the less glamorous games, buy very strange to see that yesterday. Why would you buy a season ticket and not want to watch the Man City match?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:29 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:

Season ticket holders not turning up for various reasons.
Didn’t see a lot mind

Noticed the Man City one as it seemed like 2 big blocks empty - maybe the ‘Family Section’ ?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:32 am

rhondda 1015 wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Not denying that, I expect it for the less glamorous games, buy very strange to see that yesterday. Why would you buy a season ticket and not want to watch the Man City match?

Go on holiday, ill, banned, wedding, not like the rain.

I know people who 3 of those applied to yesterday.
In 2 of the cases the tickets were passed on mind.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am

Lawnmower wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Didn’t see a lot mind

Noticed the Man City one as it seemed like 2 big blocks empty - maybe the ‘Family Section’ ?

A row of about 12 seats empty and others around as well.
I moved and my lad also moved with another mate so we all sat together in the second half there. Amazed by all the empty seats to be fair.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:42 am

Lawnmower wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Go on holiday, ill, banned, wedding, not like the rain.

I know people who 3 of those applied to yesterday.
In 2 of the cases the tickets were passed on mind.

All perfectly good reasons, happened to me over the years, always give my ticket away.
Banned? They wouldn't have been able to buy tickets anyway would they?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:49 am

not sure if true but read somewhere but lots didn't make it because of railway issues . a number of trains diverted to bristol for some reason . quite a few of them got in late and some turned back and didn't make it at all . for those that did make it moaning about the time to get out of the car park and cardiff itself after the game

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:15 pm

Plus loads of home fans in the bars

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:38 pm

You will never fill every seat, for the reasons stated above. 5 in front of me play football on a Saturday local derby so that was preference fair play to them. I usually pass my ticket on but that’s been more trouble than it’s worth at times. Man City is an obvious one, as mentioned they buy them to keep points score for big ones.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Man City fans very quiet yesterday, typical of a money bags club with no heart and no soul.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:18 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:

Didn’t see a lot mind

Thought that was the case. Also thought the back couple of rows looked over populated as some fans moved back cos of the rain (or to be either their mates)

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:19 pm

Stringfellow wrote:You will never fill every seat, for the reasons stated above. 5 in front of me play football on a Saturday local derby so that was preference fair play to them. I usually pass my ticket on but that’s been more trouble than it’s worth at times. Man City is an obvious one, as mentioned they buy them to keep points score for big ones.

Gareth, let see what happens when the biggest names in British football come here, Man United & Liverpool.

Re: NEVER SOLD OUT: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Don’t know why they show the game in the concourse. Really is a strange thing to do.

Re: NEVER SOLD OUT: Man City Fans Away At Cardiff Today

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:44 pm

They don't sell out champions league home games either, bizarre

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:50 pm

Bananas wrote:Man City fans very quiet yesterday, typical of a money bags club with no heart and no soul.

You must be joking mate.

Complete opposite.