Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The most one sided game I’ve seen but

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:06 pm

No more than expected..... beaten by one of the best league sides in the world Andy the outcome was inevitable..... move onto the next game and not down about this at all... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: The most one sided game I’ve seen but

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:25 pm

krabb wrote:No more than expected..... beaten by one of the best league sides in the world Andy the outcome was inevitable..... move onto the next game and not down about this at all... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Same here. I imagine around 30,000 fans expected a fairly heavy defeat today, and there will probably be another dozen or so who all post on here who will go into meltdown as they expected something different. The realists know that our priority is to finish at least in 17th position, we are currently 1 point off. I have no idea if we will achieve our target, but I am going to enjoy watching us compete against the big boys after spending 50 years watching us play outside of the top flight.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:32 pm

Champions league pre tournament favourites.....We were doing ok for 30 mins.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:54 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Champions league pre tournament favourites.....We were doing ok for 30 mins.

Agreed...ref should have blown up then :D

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:43 pm

krabb wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Champions league pre tournament favourites.....We were doing ok for 30 mins.

Agreed...ref should have blown up then :D

Yes I was hoping for rain stops play

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:04 pm

krabb wrote:No more than expected..... beaten by one of the best league sides in the world Andy the outcome was inevitable..... move onto the next game and not down about this at all... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I agree with you except for one thing, I don't think they are one of, I think they actually are the best club side in the world! It's a debate I suppose. :thumbup:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:23 pm

I am 1/2 way home and having a xoffee break!
I agree and was saying to friends today..... that was the most one sided game I have watched in over 50years watching City. No complaints about the teams effort, but the gulf in class was huge. It could have eaaily been 8 or 9. Unfortunately I am aure that is what Mot D will say! Thank goodness it wasn’t. Hopefully it wont demoralise them.Fingers crossed for next week. :bluebird:

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Lengee wrote:I am 1/2 way home and having a xoffee break!
I agree and was saying to friends today..... that was the most one sided game I have watched in over 50years watching City. No complaints about the teams effort, but the gulf in class was huge. It could have eaaily been 8 or 9. Unfortunately I am aure that is what Mot D will say! Thank goodness it wasn’t. Hopefully it wont demoralise them.Fingers crossed for next week. :bluebird:

Think we all agree best team ever seen us play, they weren’t even in top gear. Ridiculous.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:15 pm

Let's put this into perspective...

Bournemouth lost 4-0 at Burnley!

Which do you think is the more 'embarrassing' result?

No one expected much from our game against champions Man City, so let's not fret and move on to the next game, which will be far more indicative of our chances this season! :thumbright: