Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Would you start Morrison vs Burnley??

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:23 pm

Forgetting his form from last season as he was a huge reason for our promotion.

This season he has looked way off the pace and a fish out of water. Dreadful again today. He keeps given players with quality loads of space on the edge of our box!! Surely that's basic defending!! Stop the shot, stop the goal!! Last season he scored important goals from set pieces etc. This year he's missed big chances. If he does play he needs a big game against Burnley.

I think we need a change of formation to get some control in midfield. Get them in tomorrow and work them hard all week to go into the game with a clear plan on how to win this massive game!!

Etheridge

RCB Manga
CB Bamba
LCB Cunningham

WB.Bennet
WB.Jazz or Paterson

CM Arta
CM Ralls
CM camarasa

CF Reid
CF Murphy

Bamba Captian and with that responsibility hopefully he'll cut out the stupid errors!!

Re: Would you start Morrison vs Burnley??

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:27 pm

Not for me, especially against Burnley who will be physical.

Also 100% against us playing 5 at the back, Warnock has tried it a number of times and we have been terrible every time. Certain managers know how to set up with wingback but I don't think Warnock is one of them.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:45 pm

Fair to say that Morrison has not been at his best so far this season and still can’t get over the header that he missed at Huddersfield. Manga has stood out this season and deserves a start at either centre back or full back therefore a straight choice between Bamba & Morrison. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Manga revert back to RB next week, Bennett back in and Morrison /Mamba in the middle.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:16 pm

Yes I would would start him next week

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:32 am

Absolutely start him next week, but we need 5 in midfield as a given.
It got us up, we don't have the players to compete with a 2 man midfield.
Move Reid out wide with Murphy the other side.
Ward up top and Neil if you are reading this :lol: have a word with Ken, needs to stop sulking, something definately amiss.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Time to give Gary a go against a physical Burnley side, why not because Big Ken is playing like Ken Dodd at moment.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Yes. Everyone struggled in the last 3, but he played well in the first 3. Very well. He will be fine v Burnley.

Plus we need him for a goal threat !

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Yes. Everyone struggled in the last 3, but he played well in the first 3. Very well. He will be fine v Burnley.

Plus we need him for a goal threat !

I agree, Burnley is gonna suit him a lot more than playing against a team filled with some of the best players on the planet. I think people forget what we faced yesterday. Like manga at centre back though, premiership seems to suit him better than championship.