Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff Fans yesterday “

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 am

I know it’s been mentioned but noise levels increasing as the goals went in shows you where the club is now at compared to before. It’s so refreshing to see, as opposed to the vile atmosphere last time we were in the premiership. Nobody kicking chairs or swearing just venting with passion for the club.

Yesterday was difficult to take, over the years we have rarely got pumped even if we get beat but that was a positive from our fans who are slowly restoring their reputation as one of the best in the land. Imagine the noise when we win. Keep it up :thumbright:

Re: Fans yesterday

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:10 am

The Allez song from about 65-75 mins non stop was amazing! Drum actually added to this I thought.

Badly beaten and don't give a f**k. Well done all. No negativity from the fans. Let's raise the noise even more and hope they get us that win next weekend!

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 am

Noticed a lot of 50/50 scarfs around stadium 1st time this season...... but atmosphere was great despite being outclassed. :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:31 am

Drums at games improve atmosphere without a doubt. A lot of Cardiff fans have criticised it over the years, but I'm glad supporters are now noticing how influential it can be.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:41 am

Only criticisim is song variation, I love allez but would love us to sing I’ll be there and men of Harlech more. It was sung once, it would be a shame if these songs die.

Re: “ Cardiff Fans yesterday “

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:31 pm

Our fans were fantastic

Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:58 pm

We had the third highest crowd in the Premier League yesterday after Manure and Liverpool, and our average crowd is now 11th in the league.And we have the fan base to grow much bigger to even match the big 6 crowds,all we need is a team to match our potential!

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:44 pm

Best fans in the world by a ferkin mile. Premier fans generally are all prawn sandwich tourists and can't be arsed.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:56 pm

Support like we've had so far this season is needed more than ever over the next few games.

I worry slightly that if we go a goal down to Burnley that some of our support will start to fall away at a time when it's needed the most.

Let's hope our fans can get themselves up for the games against the "smaller" teams as well as the top teams.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:04 pm

Neil Etheridge:
"Thank you for all your support yesterday throughout the whole game no matter the result!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 pm

HarriRhys22 wrote:We had the third highest crowd in the Premier League yesterday after Manure and Liverpool, and our average crowd is now 11th in the league.And we have the fan base to grow much bigger to even match the big 6 crowds,all we need is a team to match our potential!

And that is why this is possibly one of the biggest opportunities this Club has had in the last 50 odd years, its been well over 50 years since the Club had more than one season in the top flight which has in effect decapitated our followings over the years that came to the absolute low of averaging 2-3,000 in the mid 80's and 90's in the dungeon.

We have slowly grown since the turn of the Millennium to where we are now and it's been some ride. The Club and its custodians are right to be cautious, but if now is not the time to throw a bit of caution to the wind then I don't know when it will be.

If the Club go down, I genuinely see a slippery slope appearing for us. We are not a Man City, Sunderland or Leeds who will hold our Crowds in the lower echelons, and Neil Warnock and Vincent Tan are BOTH coming towards the end.

I know its morbid as f**k but the life expectancy of a Malysian man is 74. Vincent Tan is 66. Neil Warnock is 70 is December. We are owned and managed by old aged pensioners and I don't say that with any disrespect just a cold hard truth that in the VERY near future things are going to change and that is why for me staying in the Premier League is an absolute must to make us an attractive proposition to our next manager/owner.

Go down, the crowds WILL vanish its as simple as that, but stay up and the Club will grow and grow, and the fan base will flourish.

The bounce straight back up thing is an absolute fallacy, you only have to look at Aston Villa (a huge club) to see that, and Stoke (already had a good side and spend loads) and Jacks both in the bottom 10.

Just enjoy the ride? Well we can try, but for me this Club is at its biggest crossroads in decades and if we go down without having given it a proper shot, I honestly think we will look back in years to come and rue the day.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT... its far from doom and gloom. It's early days and two wins and your mid-table. We have had to play Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea in the first 6 and it's not like we are rock bottom. We have already proven we can pick up the points against the teams around us and performances have been decent. If we can manage to get ourselves into a position where we are within 3-4 points of safety come the start of the year then we can go into the January transfer window and hopefully strengthen and give ourselves and even better chance :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:30 pm

Having a whipping from a class outfit is one thing,we need to recognize we are where we are on strict limitations. Just look at Wolves and their investors. Can we stay up ? Yes we can but it will take spirit and application.Nonetheless if relegated I for one will be renewing my season ticket straight away c'mmon you Bluebirds.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Beaten comprehensibly yesterday by a world class side,half an hour into the game we were doing alright. I was proud that our team never stopped battling,I was even more proud of our fans, have to be the best in the country ,keep it going, nice to be able to brag even at losses,no other club can have that boast.Keep it up Cardiff wins WILL come.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:
HarriRhys22 wrote:We had the third highest crowd in the Premier League yesterday after Manure and Liverpool, and our average crowd is now 11th in the league.And we have the fan base to grow much bigger to even match the big 6 crowds,all we need is a team to match our potential!

And that is why this is possibly one of the biggest opportunities this Club has had in the last 50 odd years, its been well over 50 years since the Club had more than one season in the top flight which has in effect decapitated our followings over the years that came to the absolute low of averaging 2-3,000 in the mid 80's and 90's in the dungeon.

We have slowly grown since the turn of the Millennium to where we are now and it's been some ride. The Club and its custodians are right to be cautious, but if now is not the time to throw a bit of caution to the wind then I don't know when it will be.

If the Club go down, I genuinely see a slippery slope appearing for us. We are not a Man City, Sunderland or Leeds who will hold our Crowds in the lower echelons, and Neil Warnock and Vincent Tan are BOTH coming towards the end.

I know its morbid as f**k but the life expectancy of a Malysian man is 74. Vincent Tan is 66. Neil Warnock is 70 is December. We are owned and managed by old aged pensioners and I don't say that with any disrespect just a cold hard truth that in the VERY near future things are going to change and that is why for me staying in the Premier League is an absolute must to make us an attractive proposition to our next manager/owner.

Go down, the crowds WILL vanish its as simple as that, but stay up and the Club will grow and grow, and the fan base will flourish.

The bounce straight back up thing is an absolute fallacy, you only have to look at Aston Villa (a huge club) to see that, and Stoke (already had a good side and spend loads) and Jacks both in the bottom 10.

Just enjoy the ride? Well we can try, but for me this Club is at its biggest crossroads in decades and if we go down without having given it a proper shot, I honestly think we will look back in years to come and rue the day.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT... its far from doom and gloom. It's early days and two wins and your mid-table. We have had to play Arsenal, Man City and Chelsea in the first 6 and it's not like we are rock bottom. We have already proven we can pick up the points against the teams around us and performances have been decent. If we can manage to get ourselves into a position where we are within 3-4 points of safety come the start of the year then we can go into the January transfer window and hopefully strengthen and give ourselves and even better chance :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Couldn’t agree more with that post, my positive spin is apart from Man City we have been in every single game until the last ten minutes. We aren’t far off and that city game will have hit us hard. Can we do it? Am not sure, it’s going to be very hard but it’s so early. We have a chance and if we can survive we will only move forward.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Stringfellow wrote:I know it’s been mentioned but noise levels increasing as the goals went in shows you where the club is now at compared to before. It’s so refreshing to see, as opposed to the vile atmosphere last time we were in the premiership. Nobody kicking chairs or swearing just venting with passion for the club.

Yesterday was difficult to take, over the years we have rarely got pumped even if we get beat but that was a positive from our fans who are slowly restoring their reputation as one of the best in the land. Imagine the noise when we win. Keep it up :thumb right:

I think it was the best support from us this season (at home), loved Canton singing for a few minutes without a break when we were 4 nil down.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:02 pm

1922 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:I know it’s been mentioned but noise levels increasing as the goals went in shows you where the club is now at compared to before. It’s so refreshing to see, as opposed to the vile atmosphere last time we were in the premiership. Nobody kicking chairs or swearing just venting with passion for the club.

I loved it - well done everyone especially the Canton that was class!

Yesterday was difficult to take, over the years we have rarely got pumped even if we get beat but that was a positive from our fans who are slowly restoring their reputation as one of the best in the land. Imagine the noise when we win. Keep it up :thumb right:

I think it was the best support from us this season (at home), loved Canton singing for a few minutes without a break when we were 4 nil down.