Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thoughts anyone

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:27 pm

I think NW has bought for the championship next season. Hope I’m wrong but I think if we are bottom and a lot of points adrift he won’t spend much in January and certainly not the 15 or 16 million we would need for a good striker? Thoughts?.

Re: Thoughts anyone

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:32 pm

He bought what we could afford & I'm sure that for every player that came here there were 10 that wouldn't entertain joining us at any price.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:38 pm

Not a chance! :roll:

He's trying to keep us up on a budget and his own (not unsubstantial) nouse. He's not in it for failure and he's also been a little unlucky in the transfer market with several players 'agreeing' to come to the CCS but 'at an inflated price', therefor putting themselves out of the running

Ken Choo commented that a number of players/agents first question was "What you going to pay me?" before laying down their own unrealistic demands

He said that the players that eventually signed 'wanted' to play or Cardiff City in the Premier League and didn't try to hold the club to ransom

All sounds fair enough to me, as there is a bigger picture developing off the pitch and Cardiff City could soon see themselves debt-free; the biggest wish for all of us who have supported the club through thin and (mainly more) thin over so many years!

Early days yet, so let's see what develops and enjoy the ride! :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:51 pm

Sven wrote:Not a chance! :roll:

He's trying to keep us up on a budget and his own (not unsubstantial) nouse. He's not in it for failure and he's also been a little unlucky in the transfer market with several players 'agreeing' to come to the CCS but 'at an inflated price', therefor putting themselves out of the running

Ken Choo commented that a number of players/agents first question was "What you going to pay me?" before laying down their own unrealistic demands

He said that the players that eventually signed 'wanted' to play or Cardiff City in the Premier League and didn't try to hold the club to ransom

All sounds fair enough to me, as there is a bigger picture developing off the pitch and Cardiff City could soon see themselves debt-free; the biggest wish for all of us who have supported the club through thin and (mainly more) thin over so many years!

Early days yet, so let's see what develops and enjoy the ride! :ayatollah:

Top post Sven :thumbright:

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:18 pm

I don't think anyone can blame Warnock too much, his hands were tied. I think he's doing the best he can under difficult circumstances.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:25 pm

actionman wrote:I think NW has bought for the championship next season. Hope I’m wrong but I think if we are bottom and a lot of points adrift he won’t spend much in January and certainly not the 15 or 16 million we would need for a good striker? Thoughts?.

If we are adrift then I don't think we should be spending that kind of money in January. Not sure it would get us much in January anyway.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:34 pm

You get more for your money abroad than players from home thats why the prem is full of foreigners .

Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:31 pm

Did we really need to spend 8 million on smithies and Cunningham

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:06 am

montyblue wrote:You get more for your money abroad than players from home thats why the prem is full of foreigners .

this would suggest that there are a lot of better british players not in the prem than the foreign players in the prem..
there are bound to be a few { there have always been a few that have been missed or late developers who could play higher long before the foreign invasion } but in general this can not be correct