Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated: ' Ryder Cup '

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:00 am

Anyone else been watching?

I thought we'd get humped. Did better than good yesterday afternoon! Going to be close. Fourballs out now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Ryder Cup

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:39 am

The Ryder cup is different though. You can't say it's not exciting (at times)?!

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 am

Fantastic in the afternoon Foursomes but iT will all come down to the singles on Sunday.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:48 am

Jock wrote:Fantastic in the afternoon Foursomes but iT will all come down to the singles on Sunday.

I think you're right. Yanks not liking these skinny fairways.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:50 am

I'm watching.

Don't play the game but have always been engrossed by the whole tribal nature of the Ryder Cup.

I was shocked to find out that prior to yesterday the USA team only had 8 rounds of golf between them on the course as opposed to Europe's 200/300.

Got to be a factor.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 am

Wayne S wrote:I'm watching.

Don't play the game but have always been engrossed by the whole tribal nature of the Ryder Cup.

I was shocked to find out that prior to yesterday the USA team only had 8 rounds of golf between them on the course as opposed to Europe's 200/300.

Got to be a factor.

Jesus. I missed that! Agree, got to help. I'm still shocked it's being hosted in the great golf nation of France!

Got a mate over there. Awesome atmosphere (as always).

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:40 am

All the dull buggers who voted for the so called 'Brexit' now chanting and cheering for Europe. You couldn't make that up!! Seriously though it's a pile of meaningless crap :thumbup:

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:41 am

Jock wrote:Fantastic in the afternoon Foursomes but iT will all come down to the singles on Sunday.

Foursomes :laughing6: suits you sir :laughing6:

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:44 am

Bananas wrote:

Foursomes :laughing6: suits you sir :laughing6:

Think you may be confusing Plus Fours with Foursomes. If you think golf is a game for snobs....well like most things you offer opinions on you simply don’t have a clue.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:52 am

Bananas. There are plenty on here who like golf. And plenty who enjoy good competition no matter the sport.

Don't watch it or comment if you don't like it.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:41 am

Bananas wrote:All the dull buggers who voted for the so called 'Brexit' now chanting and cheering for Europe. You couldn't make that up!! Seriously though it's a pile of meaningless crap :thumbup:

You do know Europe and EU are two totally different things?

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:36 am

Going well this morning :occasion5:

Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:22 pm

10 - 6. Another good day.

4 and a half needed to win it!

Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:59 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Bananas wrote:All the dull buggers who voted for the so called 'Brexit' now chanting and cheering for Europe. You couldn't make that up!! Seriously though it's a pile of meaningless crap :thumbup:

I always thought Europe was a continent, and I don't think leaving the EU means we are going to move the UK to the South American or Asian continents or anything silly like that. I believe there are 50 countries in Europe, 22 of them are not in the EU. All the dull buggers are not suggesting the UK is no longer part of Europe. Bananas living up to his name again.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:31 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I always thought Europe was a continent, and I don't think leaving the EU means we are going to move the UK to the South American or Asian continents or anything silly like that. I believe there are 50 countries in Europe, 22 of them are not in the EU. All the dull buggers are not suggesting the UK is no longer part of Europe. Bananas living up to his name again.

I’m guessing bananas is about 16 maybe 17 :lol:

Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:38 pm

Walinoz wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

I’m guessing bananas is about 16 maybe 17 :lol:

Is that his IQ?

Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:56 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:10 - 6. Another good day.

We needed that lead. I think the Yanks will play better in the singles as they are not team players.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:48 pm

Wayne S wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:10 - 6. Another good day.

We needed that lead. I think the Yanks will play better in the singles as they are not team players.

Hopefully a good enough lead. Hang in there...

Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Steve, I seriously think we are cut from the same cloth ! You've basically put my thoughts into words again.

Someone in this thread reckons that Bananas is about 16/17. As Brucie used to say, "lower,lower".

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:15 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Steve, I seriously think we are cut from the same cloth ! You've basically put my thoughts into words again.

Someone in this thread reckons that Bananas is about 16/17. As Brucie used to say, "lower,lower".

I think that most over the age of 28 would think the same :thumbup:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:21 am

Looking forward to some of these!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Updated: ' Ryder Cup '

Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 am

I think I'd accept today's Europe shirt as a Cardiff City top. Nice bit of yellow and white striping on the shoulders.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm

At least there's something to cheer about today...

Good golf.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:16 am

Brilliant Performance :thumbup:

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:42 am

Britain is part of Europe, and it's a European team what are they supposed to shout :roll: