Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Craig Bellamy criticises Kenneth Zohore “

Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Just now on Sky Sports Premier League, Craig Bellamy said this about Kenneth Zohore:

I’ve been disappointed with him the last year and a half. He played well when the manager first came in though.

When you look at the size of him.. he doesn’t hold the ball up well, he doesn’t win enough headers. When the manager first came in, he was working hard and running off defenders.

He doesn’t do that anymore. He’s stopped working hard.

I hope Paterson is up in the box with him today, because I don’t like the idea of Ken being up there on his own.

Re: “ Craig Bellamy criticises Kenneth Zohore “

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:25 pm

It was also mentioned about his lack of training

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:35 pm

I was pretty disappointed with Bellamy to the last time we where here. That comment shows he got a long way to go in management. One word. Support..

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:37 pm

Hard to disagree with what he said in all honesty

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:50 pm

Thought Bellamy was very negative before the game. Wasn't really needed.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Disgraceful really also said half time both teams were awful. (And he didn't like the style of play - may have a point there).
He was very reluctant to give Cardiff any credit :shock:
Own agenda methinks! :roll: the
Come on City :thumbup:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:00 pm

He seems to have some problem, I thought that was a decent first half from us but Bellamy basically had a dig at both teams at half time boarding on refusing to give any praise.

You would think an employee of the club would at least shoe some support. Doesn't seem to agree with the way Warnocks team play although he didn't directly name warnock.

Come across a complete w@nket tbh.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 pm

He’s spot on

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 pm

I got accused last week of picking on Zohore...lol I just wanted him to show he could roll his sleeves up....can anyone actually defend him today..? :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:42 pm

He’s right.

A few need a good kick up the ass now.

Fingers need pulling out before things get embarrassing.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm

krabb wrote:I got accused last week of picking on Zohore...lol I just wanted him to show he could roll his sleeves up....can anyone actually defend him today..? :ayatollah:

Easily. He did not stand out either way, and so did a lot of players. He had a few flicks of high standards, and one was saved by an outstanding Hart save. But he didn’t play bad, he wasn’t the reason we lost. He has not played enough to find his balance, and he hasn’t had the support he needs. So, talking about him today is pointles. He was not to blame, playing at his best or not. If saying so, you are nothing but looking for a scapegoat.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:45 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
krabb wrote:I got accused last week of picking on Zohore...lol I just wanted him to show he could roll his sleeves up....can anyone actually defend him today..? :ayatollah:

Easily. He did not stand out either way, and so did a lot of players. He had a few flicks of high standards, and one was saved by an outstanding Hart save. But he didn’t play bad, he wasn’t the reason we lost. He has not played enough to find his balance, and he hasn’t had the support he needs. So, talking about him today is pointles. He was not to blame, playing at his best or not. If saying so, you are nothing but looking for a scapegoat.

He does seem to be the scapegoat.
Wasn't his best today but did little wrong.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm

I agree he wasn’t the reason we lost..but has to find the net or set up.... I just think he really needs a good game sooner rather than later.... and some times you have to up your game... :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 pm

Any striker over 6ft will never get the praise they deserve here down to supporters being absolutely clueless, fact.

Seen it with Gestede, Jones and so on, constantly picked on because they have to be basically Ronaldo or Messi to get any sort of praise or positive comments.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Not a scapegoat but simply not good enough at this time.... let’s hope he gets back on top again.. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:07 pm

One word to describe Ken and that’s Lazy, just before they scored the second goal the ball was played up to him he didn’t even challenge the centre half it goes straight down the other end and they score.
If I was Warnock I would show him the tackle over and over Arter put in second half and demand the same effort and commitment.
Thought Victor was class today and come January I would be asking him does he know of any strikers who could come in from Spain on loan and do a job for us.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:13 pm

krabb wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Not a scapegoat but simply not good enough at this time.... let’s hope he gets back on top again.. :ayatollah:

I'm my opinion he isn't the reason we lost today.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:17 pm

Arters workrate is awesome, he really chased down lost causes with meaning.
Also some tremendous tackles as well.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:40 pm

I don’t think KZ can be blamed for the loss today but there were times where it seemed he wasn’t putting in enough effort. Once or twice, he was closing down Hart where he seemed to ease up as he got closer.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
krabb wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I'm my opinion he isn't the reason we lost today.

As I said above he wasn’t the reason we lost..... but maybe a pity he didn’t get us the win.. :ayatollah:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:42 pm

Couldn't disagree with anything Bellamy said about Zohore tbh. He's become lazy, cant win anything in the air, first touch is embarrassing and as Warnock himself said he seems to have lost the hunger he had 18 months ago. Thought he was a bit harsh on our first half performance though.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:47 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Any striker over 6ft will never get the praise they deserve here down to supporters being absolutely clueless, fact.

Seen it with Gestede, Jones and so on, constantly picked on because they have to be basically Ronaldo or Messi to get any sort of praise or positive comments.

7 games in how many has zohore got.??

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Couldn't disagree with anything Bellamy said about Zohore tbh. He's become lazy, cant win anything in the air, first touch is embarrassing and as Warnock himself said he seems to have lost the hunger he had 18 months ago. Thought he was a bit harsh on our first half performance though.

He seems to have a problem with the way we play. Thought he was very rude.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Zohore not to blame for the defeat. But let’s be realistic Burnley were awful but caught us with two sucker punches classic counter attacking which is premier league experience. If we can’t beat what was there today we have no chance against the other teams in the division. Listened to Chris Sutton on radio coming home and although I think he’s a nob he is right we have no quality just lump the ball upfield and hope for the best eg passes going astray scuffing when shooting accuracy of passing is woeful.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:38 pm

He works for city .
He should never be a pundit commenting on the team he works for.
Basically said a few truths about us but given his position as he's employed by us needed to keep his mouth shut .
Don't work for tv and slate your own club .he did in fairness say some good stuff .
Just don't to tv on the club who employed you he was honest but not good for us him and the team .

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 am

snoopystorm wrote:It was also mentioned about his lack of training

yes he likes to pretend he is in and around the place but just uses snip bits from Warnocks press conferences …
full of shite and has always been.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 am

Hope he does not think he is in the running once NW steps down.
Needs to move away and earn the right to manage

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:50 am

The reason behind bringing Kenneth Zohore back in?

Neil Warnock:

"He trained well this week and the way I wanted to play, I gave him an opportunity."

"He was poor when he came on at Chelsea last time, but I thought he did a lot better today."

"I decided to go with him and Paterson. I thought it was the right decision, we created enough chances. Joe (Hart) pulled a good save off at his near post from Ken."

"It's nice to have options. Today I went with Ken, next week at Tottenham it might be different, I might not go with a striker, we might have 10 defenders."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:26 am

I don't think upfront is the problem. If we keep letting in stupid goals like we have been we're really going to struggle to score enough to win games.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:05 pm

fred keenor wrote:Hope he does not think he is in the running once NW steps down.
Needs to move away and earn the right to manage

I think that’s exactly what he thinks, wouldn’t give us any credit and constantly criticised the style of play. He said at one point:

“You can play out from the back and be successful with any group of players.”