No investment...no where near enough ambition

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:44 pm

This is what you get ....

Re: No investment...no where near enough ambition

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:48 pm

30 mill investment only 1 starting 20 mill pissed away

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:57 pm

bullerlever wrote:This is what you get ....

Spot on

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:13 pm

The writing was on the wall in the summer pre=season. Nowhere near enough investment to make a fist of staying in the EPL.
I simply cannot believe that Vincent Tan and NW really believed this squad could keep us up? Nowhere near enough ambition evidenced by the fact that we have simply bought wisely for when we are relegated to the Championship. We only have 3 premiership quality players - Murphy, Camarasa and Arter and that is simply not enough.

Plenty of effort - we knew we'd get that from a NW team but even NW can't walk on water. A team whose attacking intent is predominantly set pieces may work in the Championship but even teams like 10 man Newcastle and Huddersfield and a mediocre Burnley side will eat that alive all day. Throw into the mix today ridiculous schoolboy errors like not being switched on from a throw in which cost us the winner today and who the f**k was Bamba marking for the first goal and survival becomes impossible!!?

You can't pull your socks up if you haven't got any on and I am expecting the worst - I cannot see how we can avoid relegation with this squad and I fear a record breaking lowest number of points too.

:( :( :(

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm

If we were investing more then we would have had to change managers in my opinion.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:If we were investing more then we would have had to change managers in my opinion.

I concede that point, although it saddens me to admit it because Warnock has been wonderful for us. I think if he weren't in the twilight of his career he would have walked away when he realised Tan wasn't going to support him this season

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:43 pm

City Slicker wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:If we were investing more then we would have had to change managers in my opinion.

I concede that point, although it saddens me to admit it because Warnock has been wonderful for us. I think if he weren't in the twilight of his career he would have walked away when he realised Tan wasn't going to support him this season

What he had he should have spent better in my opinion.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:46 pm

bullerlever wrote:This is what you get ....

Couldn't agree more. This is where spending 28m in the prem gets you. We didn't bring in enough quality and we're paying for that now. Warnock is doing the best he can with the money he was given and I honestly couldn't see anyone else doing any better with this squad of players.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 pm

blemmy wrote:The writing was on the wall in the summer pre=season. Nowhere near enough investment to make a fist of staying in the EPL.
I simply cannot believe that Vincent Tan and NW really believed this squad could keep us up? Nowhere near enough ambition evidenced by the fact that we have simply bought wisely for when we are relegated to the Championship. We only have 3 premiership quality players - Murphy, Camarasa and Arter and that is simply not enough.

Plenty of effort - we knew we'd get that from a NW team but even NW can't walk on water. A team whose attacking intent is predominantly set pieces may work in the Championship but even teams like 10 man Newcastle and Huddersfield and a mediocre Burnley side will eat that alive all day. Throw into the mix today ridiculous schoolboy errors like not being switched on from a throw in which cost us the winner today and who the f**k was Bamba marking for the first goal and survival becomes impossible!!?

You can't pull your socks up if you haven't got any on and I am expecting the worst - I cannot see how we can avoid relegation with this squad and I fear a record breaking lowest number of points too.

:( :( :(

Agree with what you say.

I cannot believe Warnock really believes he can stay up with the hand he's been dealt.

Tan I think really believes that as Warnock was successful last season then he should be able to do the same thing this season with the same players.

I'm pretty certain Tan doesn't really give a shit about anything other than recouping as much of his investment as he can.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:17 pm

Had concerns at the start of the season that due to the fantastic job NW did last season on a minimal budget the owner/board may expect the same this season. However a huge step up in class. 24m is not a realistic investment for a team to survive in the Premiership after being promoted.

Come January we may well see further investment but by then our destiny may already be determined. We were crying out for a striker in the summer and we didn’t bring one in. That was a huge mistake.

We were the better team today and should have won the game. Just switched off at two crucial times to give the game away.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:18 pm

I think it was such a miracle we went up last season they new we’d need to spend a fortune to stay up. I don’t blame Tan for not doing what Fulham have done? 100 million was it? Look at the jacks last season, spent nearly 80 million on rubbish, they won’t see hardly any if it back trying to flog them either. We need to build up slowly and be stable financially.
What the hell do people expect? More miracles like last season? :old: :banghead:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:20 pm

I doubt 150 million would be enough for us.

We don't play the right way to survive in the premier league. We need to hold onto the ball to stop the opposition scoring. We would need a new manager and about 8 new players. We are not Watford or Wolves, we have no scouting network or big name contacts. We'd have to pay through the nose for anyone of any note come to us.

We got lucky last season and all this is a bones for Vinny.

We get relegated, Warnock retires, we get a new coach,maybe Bellers and we change how we play. Wolves and Fulham were always more likely to survive over us as they could by championship standards hold onto the ball, so the upgrade both introduced were already half way there.

If Murphy scores a few more goals this season he'll be sold for a tasty profit.

Vinny somehow managed to make a £30 mill investment into a £150 mill loss, he wasn't going to get burnt again. Hopefully he sells us at some point, as he obviously isn't in it anymore.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:35 pm

If VT wasn’t in it anymore why on earth is he trying to make us debt free and have a sustainable future. Fulham spent how much?? And are 2 places above us!
Enjoy this year and a more sustainable future!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:35 pm

If VT wasn’t in it anymore why on earth is he trying to make us debt free and have a sustainable future. Fulham spent how much?? And are 2 places above us!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:40 pm

JuniorBluebird1980 wrote:If VT wasn’t in it anymore why on earth is he trying to make us debt free and have a sustainable future. Fulham spent how much?? And are 2 places above us!

Exactly, god we have some clueless fans, hard to believe they really are ours :bluescarf:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Because selling a debt free company is easier than selling a debt ridden company.

Lets say our assets are worth £100 mill and vinny is willing to lose £20 mill to get rid of us he'd need to sell at £80 mill. If we owe him a further £50 mill in debt notes then he'd either need to sell us for £130 mill, which nobody would ever contemplate as we are only worth £100 mill or be willing to lose £70 mill as he need to write off the debt notes.

So every pound he can save this season probably pays down the debt notes moving him closer to selling at a smaller loss.

This is all conjecture on my behalf, but it makes sense to me.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Because selling a debt free company is easier than selling a debt ridden company.

Lets say our assets are worth £100 mill and vinny is willing to lose £20 mill to get rid of us he'd need to sell at £80 mill. If we owe him a further £50 mill in debt notes then he'd either need to sell us for £130 mill, which nobody would ever contemplate as we are only worth £100 mill or be willing to lose £70 mill as he need to write off the debt notes.

So every pound he can save this season probably pays down the debt notes moving him closer to selling at a smaller loss.

This is all conjecture on my behalf, but it makes sense to me.

Be very true if we had assets worth fraction of 100m ? He is simply doing the maths to unable him to put club in position to be sold, spending 60m+ is not the way any business person would do to balance the books.football is like no other business normally invest 60m in company and that will certainly guarantee future, in football investing 100m won't guarantee anything. :thumbup:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:25 pm

goats wrote:
JuniorBluebird1980 wrote:If VT wasn’t in it anymore why on earth is he trying to make us debt free and have a sustainable future. Fulham spent how much?? And are 2 places above us!

Exactly, god we have some clueless fans, hard to believe they really are ours :bluescarf:

He's trying to reduce the debt as much as possible so he can sell the club.

Can you honestly ever see a day when Tan will spend anywhere near the amount of money needed to give us a fighting chance of surviving in the Premier League?

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:14 pm

Tan has given Warnock over 40m in his time as Cardiff Manager but look at his money buys; Tomlin,Madine,Smithies,Bogle,Cunningham,Ward,Reid and Murphy. Of those only Murphy looks a good buy at present so if you were Tan would you give him another 40m? Warnock and his team generally seem good at recognising free transfers and loan signings but are out of their depth at signing Premier league players.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:30 pm

Can't believe how quickly 'fans' give up and turn on their club as well as their players and manager who have done so much for them.
Its very ugly actually .

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:04 am

What has happened to "This squad is better than the last squad " we had in the premier league ???

I remember loads of posts saying the above along with - Better/stronger team in the Championship ( press included ) .

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:17 am

We had 19 shots to their 3, they scored both of their chances they had on target.

We hit the post, Patterson missed a sitter, could have had a penalty, both their goals were soft, Etheridge being beaten on his near post was disappointing but he's been excellent so far this season all told.

We should have won, on another day we would have won.

We didn't get the rub of the green we need but keep playing like that and it will come.

No need for the meltdown yet. We all knew it was going to be a tough season but there is a long, long way to go yet.

:ayatollah:

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:34 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:We had 19 shots to their 3, they scored both of their chances they had on target.

We hit the post, Patterson missed a sitter, could have had a penalty, both their goals were soft, Etheridge being beaten on his near post was disappointing but he's been excellent so far this season all told.

We didn't get the rub of the green we need but keep playing like that and it will come.

No need for the meltdown yet. We all knew it was going to be a tough season but there is a long, long way to go yet.

agree with most of this apart from the Patterson bit..he did really well to head it at all a sitter it certainly was not...

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:23 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:We had 19 shots to their 3, they scored both of their chances they had on target.

Good post. Burnley had the know how and we gave away two soft goals. Dominated possession & territory but it’s scoring and not conceding are the things that count. We won the game on points but were hit with a knockout.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:49 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:What has happened to "This squad is better than the last squad " we had in the premier league ???

I remember loads of posts saying the above along with - Better/stronger team in the Championship ( press included ) .

It may well be but the other teams are in my opinion a lot stronger as well.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 pm

dogfound wrote:

agree with most of this apart from the Patterson bit..he did really well to head it at all a sitter it certainly was not...

Fair enough - I could be being a bit harsh I thought he could have let it drop but haven't watched it back so might be wrong. Either way you get the point :thumbup:

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:What has happened to "This squad is better than the last squad " we had in the premier league ???

It may well be but the other teams are in my opinion a lot stronger as well.

I must have missed those posts.
did anyone say this squad was better ?..bloody hell