Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW/OPINION FOR ME A TERRIBLE RESULT AND TELLS

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:52 pm

MY VIEW/OPINION

FOR ME A TERRIBLE RESULT AND TELLS ME WE REALLY ARE GOING TO HAVE A VERY VERY LONG LONG SEASON / BURNLEY WERE THERE TO BE BEATEN, A VERY ORDINARY TEAM & THEY TOOK THE THREE POINTS :cry:

Seven games gone No win for Cardiff.

The positives: :bluebird:

Our fans have been amazing and supported the team for 90plus mins every game :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

If we keep on battling we can still surprise a few clubs :thumbright: :bluebird:

Cardiff should of been at least 2nil up in the first half, but once again failed in front of goal.

CARDIFF CITY 1 BURNLEY 2 :cry:
Crowd 30,411
Away Support 580

Cardiff City: Etheridge; Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Cunningham; Camarasa, Ralls, Arter, J Murphy; Paterson; Zohore.

Subs: B Murphy, Richards, Bennett, Reid, K Harris, Ward, Madine.

Cardiff virtually dominated the first half, other than the middle of the first half when it went stale, Cardiff should of been at least two nil up.

H/T 0-0 :bluebird:

Burnley took the lead as Gudmundsson headed in at the far post after beating Greg Cunningham in the air.

That’s a very poor goal for Cardiff to concede 0-1 :cry:

60th min Camarasa feeded Manga on the right, and the defender drilled across goal to Josh Murphy who lashes home! Game on!

1-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

Poor defending by City and Sam Vokes made 1-2 to Burnley :cry:

Zohore in the 71st min was replaced by Ward for Cardiff.

City tried and tried but lacked the quality upfront against a mediocre Premier team.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION FOR ME A TERRIBLE RESULT AND TELL

Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:56 pm

Down already....who would have thought Bamba and Morrison would have been so shocking.

Burnley get their first win away of the season :cry:

Frustrating as we were the better team. Two bits of awful defending :(

Can they put a R by are name already and just finish this season already to save us from this shit show we call a team lol

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:01 pm

If we bought a proper proven striker in the summer we would be sitting pretty on 8/9 points now.

As we didnt we are in the position we deserve to be in and will likely stay unless it is rectified in january

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:02 pm

We can't defend. Zahore is a donkey. We are going down I'm afraid..

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:05 pm

Fans turned up, 10/10. Now the players need to. I'm livid!

Bennett plays today we'd have won. Called it on Cunningham last game. Costs us goals. Flatters to deceive. Doesn't do the basics.

Plenty of players did well today. Etheridge and Cunningham poor.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm

What was NW doing picking that carthorse Zohore. Shocking really as was his decision to get him off after they went 2-1 up instead of doing it when we were in the ascendancy . This Morrison long throw is embarrassing. The only person who can head the ball chucking it in and then being out of position when we lose the ball.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:06 pm

We attacked them well and we have every right to feel hard done by.

But the fact is if you can’t defend, then you’ve got no hope in this league.

Josh Murphy my MOTM, thought he had a great game.

But unless we drastically improve our defending, we’ll be going down. Both of those goals could have been avoided.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

No, we are not down! We need another 30 million investment and Warnock need a tactical number two. Let him have the man management talks, but he is far of the mark when about tactics. We had the momentum, and we failed massively! Blame this on Zahore, you are better of not posting about football!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:08 pm

Awful result and tossed the game away through our own errors. Never should have lost that. The goals conceded today were just embarrassing, I feel angry that Burnley could turn up with that kind of rubbish performance and get 3 points. Josh Murphy was a silver lining though, a positive threat throughout. We might eventually win the odd game but we are going down which is a sad waste of an opportunity.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:10 pm

thomasblue wrote:If we bought a proper proven striker in the summer we would be sitting pretty on 8/9 points now.

As we didnt we are in the position we deserve to be in and will likely stay unless it is rectified in january

We will be so far off the pace by Jan it won't matter. Warnock wasn't bothered about a new striker because he over estimated how good he thought Zohore was.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:14 pm

Today has been a true reflection of our season.

You can't miss chances like the Patterson header!

The reason we'll go down however is simple, our defending is championship level!! We need Manga in the middle asap!! Both Morrison and Bamba are not good enough this level so flip a coin on them to who starts!!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:16 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Today has been a true reflection of our season.

The reason we'll go down however is simple, our defending is championship level!! We need Manga in the middle asap!! Both Morrison and Bamba are not good enough this level so flip a coin on them to who starts!!

Our best left back on the bench. Cunningham cost both goals today. That can't be ignored.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:17 pm

Simple put your chances away and we have to defend better than this gifted a poor burnley team

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:18 pm

Nora0343 wrote:
thomasblue wrote:If we bought a proper proven striker in the summer we would be sitting pretty on 8/9 points now.

We will be so far off the pace by Jan it won't matter. Warnock wasn't bothered about a new striker because he over estimated how good he thought Zohore was.

I'm not sure who at the club cares. I'm increasingly getting the impression this is just a money making season and not a football season.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:33 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Nora0343 wrote:

I'm not sure who at the club cares. I'm increasingly getting the impression this is just a money making season and not a football season.

We only need to be within a few points of the other teams at the bottom who are also struggling to have a chance. We have winnable games in the run up to january so we just need tobkeep pace somehow.
One win could change everything.

We need to go back to the arsenal game and team to show us the way forward. Today was not it.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:34 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Nora0343 wrote:

A newly promoted team and spends the least amount of money in the prem its always going to be difficult and that's Tans lack of ambition.
The worst team lost today and that's a concern with far bigger tests to come .

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 pm

:bluescarf:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:40 pm

NW , the team and the fans deserved more.
Fel so sorry for NW probably his lsst chance to manage in the premier league and he was given a paltry amount to spend.
We dont stand a chance unfortunately and a newly promoted team realistically needs to spend 60 million minimum to stand a chance,

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:10 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:

Our best left back on the bench. Cunningham cost both goals today. That can't be ignored.

Tottaly agree that Bennet should be starting but you need to look beyond the final moment!! Ball should never have made it into those dangerous areas when Cunningham is been out jumped by two players who are much bigger and stronger than him!! I can't see Bennet out jumping Vokes to be fair!!

Bamba and Morrison have made dreadful errors all season. Their concentration, movement and discipline has been so far off the pace it's shocking!! They look like a pair who have never played together!!

Simple fact they lack experience and this level and they haven't stepped up!! In my opinion Manga is in the same situation but he has!! You need pace in your feet and your mind at this level and both of them have shown they're no where near that at the moment!!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:14 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:

Tottaly agree that Bennet should be starting but you need to look beyond the final moment!! Ball should never have made it into those dangerous areas when Cunningham is been out jumped by two players who are much bigger and stronger than him!! I can't see Bennet out jumping Vokes to be fair!!

Bamba and Morrison have made dreadful errors all season. Their concentration, movement and discipline has been so far off the pace it's shocking!! They look like a pair who have never played together!!

Simple fact they lack experience and this level and they haven't stepped up!! In my opinion Manga is in the same situation but he has!! You need pace in your feet and your mind at this level and both of them have shown they're no where near that at the moment!!

I agree with everything you say.

However, the final moment is what has mattered. Just the twice today... And cost us both times! I honestly think Bennett would've thrived today. Lots of space attacking for him too.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Tottaly agree with you but Our left back shouldn't be battling with their big lump CF for a header!!

That's what I'm trying to get at!! The whole defence looks unorganised and off the pace!! Watch the goal again and a bit of movement infront of Bamba and Morrison and they are clueless!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Jazz Manga Morrison Bennett needs to be our back four.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Tottaly agree with you but Our left back shouldn't be battling with their big lump CF for a header!!

That's what I'm trying to get at!! The whole defence looks unorganised and off the pace!! Watch the goal again and a bit of movement infront of Bamba and Morrison and they are clueless!

Don't know if in could put myself through watching that again!

MOTD will still make it seem like we got battered! With their 2 f*cking shots!!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:28 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Jazz Manga Morrison Bennett needs to be our back four.

100%

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm

We had a hell of a lot of corners and long throw ins which we never really used to our advantage.Morrison launching them in when he should be the target,didnt Patterson used to hurl a good throw one?Mix it up a bit boys.
We’ll play worse than that and come away with something you mark my Words.
Today was a wasted opportunity.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Agreed that Cunningham was left exposed since there was no winger to track back and help. Lack of a defensive midfielder, who would have shielded Morrison and Bamba who both made their usual mistakes, is needed. Rubbish ref and annoying drums made it even worse. Never mind lets move on and look forward to the next match

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:40 pm

We weren't the better team as we didn't convert enough of our chances at home against a shit team with a great crowd behind us. We must do better. Some of the finishishing was absolutely shocking. A few of our players looked superb though. Fingers crossed we can start getting some wins and up the confidence with regards to our finishing.