Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Opinions on survival?

Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:46 pm

At this rate bason on the stats so far we will go down. However, there is a slight chance that we will go on a winning run and take the pressure off although it is only a slight chance.

The bookies are often right and I am too scared to look at our odds for relegation.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:02 pm

If we can't at least get a point against a poor Burnley then I feel we're doomed.

However those pointing the finger at Warnock want to have a look at the bigger picture; the size and cost of our squad.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Honestly can't see us staying up. We had a decent spell after the equaliser, but we won't win, or draw, many games giving away goals like those today. Missed a few chances, too. No lack of effort, but that's not enough. After all the hype after promotion, this is very disappointing.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Dazzy wrote:A very disappointing result today but we actually played well. I agree there were a couple of bad mistakes at the back but I still think we were unlucky overall.

For all of you doom and gloom merchants, I say get a bit of perspective. Life’s not that bad! Chin up and let’s continue to give the team the backing we gave them today. Who knows, you might be surprised at the end of the season

Reality is we lost 7 points we should have bagged. If you can se where we can recoup that, kudos!

No team has ever picked up all the points they could have bagged in a season. I get that it’s disappointing and we could be in a better position but let’s hope we continue to improve - I honestly don’t think we’ve been bad - and we get better luck. Definitely not the end of the world. If we as supporters start buying into the ‘we’re definitely down’ mentality, we’ll play our own part in making that happen!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:11 pm

Warnock is not the problem its Tan not giving him the money its that simple how does anyone expect Warnock to keep Cardiff up when all teams spent treble was Cardiff spent or had.

No manager can save us unless big money even Pepe or Jose even Klopp all got money so please dont mention Bellamy
as Warnock will get the best of what we got

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:17 pm

Can someone tell me if our season finished today or have we got a couple of months left to stay in the premier league?? I’m a little confused!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Warnock is not the problem its Tan not giving him the money its that simple how does anyone expect Warnock to keep Cardiff up when all teams spent treble was Cardiff spent or had.

No manager can save us unless big money even Pepe or Jose even Klopp all got money so please dont mention Bellamy
as Warnock will get the best of what we got

I think the budget was what both parties wanted. Warnock has made no secret of his dislike of big wages and the mentality that brings in players.

The reality is, it’s incredibly difficult for a club like us to attract players of prem quality without offering huge financial incentives.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:57 pm

Just read Warnocks post match comments on Wales on line and im afraid it was the same depressing complacent rubbish he always seems to come out with when we lose a game we should have won,for God's sake Neil go !!!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:25 pm

JuniorBluebird1980 wrote:Can someone tell me if our season finished today or have we got a couple of months left to stay in the premier league?? I’m a little confused!

It finished today mate. We don't start back till August next year.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 am

Palace were in a worst place than us same/time last season and stayed up .

The key is to stay in touch with the bottom 5-6 etc..come xmas and do good business in Jan .

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:17 am

Not going to be easy, but we all knew that was the case before a ball was even kicked at the start of the season. I said on here back in the Summer that those fans predicting we would spend £50m to £60m on players were being way too optimistic, and that our budget would be closer to £20m. I can't see much money being made available in January either. I think Warnock is just going to have to make do with what he has already got and hope we can bring in someone on loan later on. Not easy persuading quality players to join a relegation fight.

If we are being completely honest, we probably require 3 or 4 quality players to comfortably survive. No way will that sort of cash be made available, and I still think the best we can hope for is to finish with 3 teams below us. Tough ask, but not impossible.