Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Callum Paterson “

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Callum Paterson won 23 aerial duels today against Burnley - the most of any player in the Premier League since 2003-04.

18B8C4E0-A04B-4023-B8E4-DEA8AF25A0F0.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Callum Paterson “

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Shame the striker next to him was tonk.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:58 pm

He was ok today camarasa is quality we need another nine of him.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm

I didn't want him to start but he did well.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Camarasa needs to be shifted into the middle - wasted on the right!!

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I didn't want him to start but he did well.

Start him as main striker v Spurs instead of Zohore. Move Camarasa to no 10 and put Reid on right (providing he tracks back to cover Ken as I don’t think VC offers much support to Manga).

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:47 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Start him as main striker v Spurs instead of Zohore. Move Camarasa to no 10 and put Reid on right (providing he tracks back to cover Ken as I don’t think VC offers much support to Manga).

Not for me, I don't think he has what it takes to lead the line. It would be Ward for me V Spurs.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not for me, I don't think he has what it takes to lead the line. It would be Ward for me V Spurs.

Fair point. You’d keep same side apart from that change?

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:04 am

Very happy Paterson came in. Much better winning the long balls forward. Thought he played well and done his job perfectly. Needed Ward/Reid upfront with him though to play off him. Got to keep him in the team for Spurs

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Fair point. You’d keep same side apart from that change?

Id probably change the back four to Jazz Manga Morrison and Bennett.

I like the idea of Camaras more central but with the players we have I struggle to fit im in

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:43 pm

Winning headers is pointless if there is no one with pace to chase after them.

I applaud his effort. He is DM at best.

We signed him as a full back, last year he was moved into midfield centre, DM and at times a winger!

Now Warnock plays him upfront ffs. He Just picking players in positions based on his favour rather than their suitability to the position.

Its inexcusable to spend 10 million on Reid and play Patterson up front off Zohore ahead of him

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:00 pm

Patterson and reid for me against spurs working off each other and murphy along with them patterson won nearly every header but needed someone like reid quick to pick up these flick on's and head downs zohore was' nt winning any headers and was to slow to pick up anything that was getting flicked on or down imo patterson deserver's another shout he showed a lot more commitment than zohore.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:31 pm

Patterson and Reed for me too

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:11 am

Thought Patterson played well. Would like to see Patterson, Arter, and Camarasa in a 3 man midfield with Reid and Murphy supporting Ward up front. I would also like to see Bennett back