Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Very Unfortunate Result

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Okay, before anyone has a go at me, I genuinely feel that Burnley got lucky today. They rode that luck so much in the last part of the game that it was incredible to see so many would have, could have and should have moments.

The fact that the keeper (a very experienced and gifted stopper) was given man of the match says it all!!!

If Burnley had won it by totally outclassing each opposite number, I’d accept it. The truth is that the score, the only stat that counts, flatters Burnley 100%.

The only thing that really worries me is that if the trend continues, the end of season table could be shocking.

Resilience is the name of the game though. Onwards and upwards!

Re: Very Unfortunate Result

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:27 pm

Was going to post very similar! they got lucky. Very lucky.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Totally agree.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Okay, before anyone has a go at me, I genuinely feel that Burnley got lucky today. They rode that luck so much in the last part of the game that it was incredible to see so many would have, could have and should have moments.

The fact that the keeper (a very experienced and gifted stopper) was given man of the match says it all!!!

If Burnley had won it by totally outclassing each opposite number, I’d accept it. The truth is that the score, the only stat that counts, flatters Burnley 100%.

The only thing that really worries me is that if the trend continues, the end of season table could be shocking.

It was not only luck it was more to do with appallingly bad defending that just cannot continue, not for 1st time that as cost us points . Their goals wasn't even created as such they just put two blind balls in middle and due to poor defending they scored :old:

Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:33 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Okay, before anyone has a go at me, I genuinely feel that Burnley got lucky today. They rode that luck so much in the last part of the game that it was incredible to see so many would have, could have and should have moments.

It was not only luck it was more to do with appallingly bad defending that just cannot continue, not for 1st time that as cost us points . Their goals wasn't even created as such they just put two blind balls in middle and due to poor defending they scored :old:

I’m not making excuses for the lack of defending especially for the goals, but you have to admit that the shots stats were heavily against Burnley. They just got lucky.

On a different day, the penalty would have been awarded and some of the attempts would have deflected in or crept over the line. Just bad luck.

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:24 pm

I was talking to a few of them in the services on the M5 on the way home.
I said “you were lucky today “
They replied “ yeah, it was a smash and grab “ and laughed.
They did think however that we will stay up.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:57 am

A game which i called a must win game before kick-off - i now wished we had gone home with a point .

Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:33 am

TopCat CCFC wrote:A game which i called a must win game before kick-off - i now wished we had gone home with a point .

With hindsight, a point would have been brilliant.
This game was one of the key 3 pointers though in my mind.