Warnock got it wrong again

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby footiexmadx » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:24 pm

Lumping balls up too Paterson and zohore isn't going to work Reid and Ward is our best option. Everyone can see zohore is useless he shouldn't even be on the bench absolute terrible player. Not buying a striker in summer has cost us dearly the main position we needed to strengthen. We ll be lucky to get more than 20 points terrible
footiexmadx

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock got it wrong again

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:27 pm

I'd say he got the defence wrong more than anything.
2blue2handle

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'd say he got the defence wrong more than anything.

I have to agree. Some strange selections against Bournemouth and then again against Man City. We kept clean sheets against Huddersfield & Newcastle and then as expected lost to Arsenal and Chelsea but I still would have stuck with the same defence. 3 changes against Man City didn’t help and Bennett who had been one of our better performers has been abandoned.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:34 pm

Lets all go back four months

Preseason our midfield was what we all shouted about and the defence didn't need an upgrade....

Now lets see at the end of September. The defence needs protection and the midfield are our strongest asset. We didn't lose today because of the strike force, we lost because we didn't defend adequately enough. Morrison looks shells shocked.
llan bluebird

Postby Fergy1927 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:52 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Lets all go back four months

Preseason our midfield was what we all shouted about and the defence didn't need an upgrade....

Now lets see at the end of September. The defence needs protection and the midfield are our strongest asset. We didn't lose today because of the strike force, we lost because we didn't defend adequately enough. Morrison looks shells shocked.

I'd say the opposite. We lost because we missed over 15 chances. I'd say it is time for one of our best players to become a permanent central defender and Zohore needs to be on the bench until he gets his confidence back.
Fergy1927

Postby NIBluebird » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:58 am

How will Zahore get his confidence back on the bench ??
NIBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 am

didnt think zohore had a bad game really and playing paterson with him just makes sense.

defensively that was a horror show though. how hes made the decision to move Manga back to RB is beyond me.
paulh_85

Postby Fergy1927 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:18 am

NIBluebird wrote:How will Zahore get his confidence back on the bench ??

By coming on as sub until he scores a few thus increasing his confidence and earning another start mate.
Fergy1927

Postby dogfound » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:30 am

Fergy1927 wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:How will Zahore get his confidence back on the bench ??

By coming on as sub until he scores a few thus increasing his confidence and earning another start mate.

thought his near post shot apart from our goal was the closest we came to a 2nd goal..and the save the best of the match..had it gone in nobody would be talking about lack of confidence.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:19 am

Not sure how can say got it wrong tactically with team picked? Did everything you could ask for in a team just didn't get the goals the play deserved! As he says he cannot do anymore to help defence play better it was just rank bad defending by individuals no team can legislate for that can they?
pembroke allan

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:38 am

pembroke allan wrote:Not sure how can say got it wrong tactically with team picked? Did everything you could ask for in a team just didn't get the goals the play deserved! As he says he cannot do anymore to help defence play better it was just rank bad defending by individuals no team can legislate for that can they?

Have to disagree. Warnock has done a fantastic job for City and I think he is one of our best ever managers however when you think he gets something wrong then it has to be commented upon. Picked a strange team for the seasons opener leaving stronger players on the bench. Whether he was trying to reward those who got us promoted is another thing.

3/4 defenders changed against Man City and we looked a lot weaker at the back. Yes we were playing Man City but why tinker with a defence that got clean sheets against Newcastle and Huddersfield? One glaring drop was Joe Bennett who I expected to be brought back in yesterday. Bennett had beeen one of our better performers this season yet he finds himself abandoned on the bench and I don’t think you can say Cunningham is better. I haven’t seen anything to suggest that he is and he could have done a lot better with the first goal yesterday. If that isn’t a case that he “got it wrong tactically with team picked” then what is? No we didn’t get the goals we deserved but the strongest team wasn’t picked, e.g. Bennett. Going back to the Bournemouth game Murphy scores a stunner the week before against Real Betis but was left on the bench - good team selection? I would suggest not. Murphy is one of our few stand our performers and needs to be playing every week.
bridgendbluebird30

Return to General Chat