Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BOBBY REID

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:46 pm

Im sorry if you sign a player for 10 million which is 1/3 of our budget, he should be starting every single f*cking game simple as. You play him in the position he was successful in last season aswell as a secondary striker no f*cking about. Live by the sword die by the sword.
He should have played instead of paterson today for me 100percent more goal threat against a team like burnley he could have thrived we created lots and reid could have put them to the sword. Apart from winning a few headers paterson did f**k all what a waste of an opportunity today.

Re: BOBBY REID

Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:53 pm

Reid and Ward are the way forward, how we set up against Arsenal

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:11 pm

snoopystorm wrote:Reid and Ward are the way forward, how we set up against Arsenal

Looks best option at the moment. Thing is these two havent played together up there against the smaller teams, only against arsenal chelsea and man city. Had they been playing up there today instead of ken and paterson we may all be talking of a great 3 points

Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:55 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Im sorry if you sign a player for 10 million which is 1/3 of our budget, he should be starting every single f*cking game simple as. You play him in the position he was successful in last season aswell as a secondary striker no f*cking about. Live by the sword die by the sword.
He should have played instead of paterson today for me 100percent more goal threat against a team like burnley he could have thrived we created lots and reid could have put them to the sword. Apart from winning a few headers paterson did f**k all what a waste of an opportunity today.

According to Warnock Paterson had an outstanding game against Burnley,he couldn't bring himself to praise Murphy only saying that he still had a lot to learn completely forgetting his exelent goal

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:08 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Im sorry if you sign a player for 10 million which is 1/3 of our budget, he should be starting every single f*cking game simple as. You play him in the position he was successful in last season aswell as a secondary striker no f*cking about. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Utter bollo.....

Patterson was close to man of the match. Reid, done nothing yet and needs to beef up a tad.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:18 am

BlueMoon1974 wrote:

Utter bollo.....

Patterson was close to man of the match. Reid, done nothing yet and needs to beef up a tad.

isn't it great, the forum I mean with its varied opinions ....I actually agree with OP. You spend 1/3 of the budget on a player that's not in the team there better be a bloody good reason why not!

Tan would have every right to ask that.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

I thought Patterson was good, Murphy did some nice stuff and scored but holy man times did shoot and not cross? and when he did cross its was pretty bad.

But no doubt Murphy was positive and palyed that why, just some wrong decisions

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:36 pm

Agreed

Murphy is not Messi he just was has pace and willing to attacks.

Patterson is a good battler. I'd have in as a DM. He is never a false 9 or second striker. Playing him up top is pointless.

Warnock is making some baffling line up decisions.

We need pace alongside zohore or ward not hard working DM.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:07 pm

ThomasC wrote:
BlueMoon1974 wrote:

Utter bollo.....

isn't it great, the forum I mean with its varied opinions ....I actually agree with OP. You spend 1/3 of the budget on a player that's not in the team there better be a bloody good reason why not!

Tan would have every right to ask that.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:00 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:

Utter bollo.....

He was beefed up enough to score nearly 20 goals in the championship last season, difference is we aint playing to his strenghts this season but begs the question if we aint going to play to his strengths why did we blow 1/3 of our budget on him, pure waste and madness, simply reckless spending, but hopefully sir neil find a way to sort the problems out.

And paterson nearly man of the match? Apart from winning a few headers what did he do lol? If madine was on there and he won a few headers would you be calling him man of the match? Doubt it

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:46 am

Patterson only won a few headers. Showed heart and passion to. Out of patterson or camarasa for man if the match in cardiff shirt.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:11 pm

A few headers! Apparently Patterson won more headers in any Premier League games since 2004, which was probably when these records were first kept. Can hardly be described as a few!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 pm

JJ1927 wrote:

A few headers! Apparently Patterson won more headers in any Premier League games since 2004, which was probably when these records were first kept. Can hardly be described as a few!

I dont care how many headers he won, his headers did nothing to win us the game simple as that.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:58 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Patterson only won a few headers. Showed heart and passion to. Out of patterson or camarasa for man if the match in cardiff shirt.

Yes he shows heart and passion cant fault him on that, but a lot of boys playing parks football in the welsh league and amateur league win headers show heart and passion but it dosent mean they are premier league footballers. I just see bobby reid as a much better option with more guile skill and goal threat playing in that role than paterson

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:23 pm

BlueMoon1974 wrote:Patterson only won a few headers. Showed heart and passion to. Out of patterson or camarasa for man if the match in cardiff shirt.

He won more then a few headers. It was posted after the game that Patterson won more aerial duals in a game then anybody has for about 4 years in ther premier league.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Warnock has yet to start Reid and Murphy together, which is a bit disappointing seeing that they have taken up most of our transfer budget, we struggled for goals last season and these two together are the answer to that problem
Both Reid and Murphy have also only completed two matches each, I have seen every minute of our season so far, mostly on tv but have been to a couple of games as well and both of them deserve to be starting. Murphys only real competition for a place is Hoilett and he has been poor all season and upfront Ward Zahore and Madine are all much of a muchness and so far all have had chances to impress and none of them have impressed me more than Reid

Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:54 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Yes he shows heart and passion cant fault him on that, but a lot of boys playing parks football in the welsh league and amateur league win headers show heart and passion but it dosent mean they are premier league footballers. I just see bobby reid as a much better option with more guile skill and goal threat playing in that role than paterson

But then your left with Zohore to try and win the headers and we know that won't happen. Ward and Reid together is good but they don't have enough about them to challenge for the ball and win the headers. Paterson was a much needed change in the team cause at least we can have someone to challenge when we hit the ball long. He's also a dynamic workhorse so would offer more than Madine

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:01 pm

You do know that Patterson won more headers in a game in the premiership since 2003/2004, it's not Patterson that should be dropped but Zahore, Ward up front and reid on the wing

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:

He won more then a few headers. It was posted after the game that Patterson won more aerial duals in a game then anybody has for about 4 years in ther premier league.

It's 14 years, since 2003/2004

Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:51 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

MOST in prem for 14 years and you come up with this billy the milk wins headers against dai the paperboy crap... :roll:

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 pm

I thoight we where missing something in the final third. We had momentum several times, but seemed to not take advantage of that. I was hoping for Ralls to come of half time, move Camarasa in the middle and put Reid on. Then we go one down, but again we get momentum and we had at that point 60% possession. That is unheard of from Cardiff. We scored a beautiful team goal, pushed on again, but the coaching staff seemed unwilling to adjust and take advantage of that. Ralls still didn’t do much for us, and I think he got 77minutes doing nothing. Watching the game again, I don’t think Zahore did as bad as some make out. But Reid, Camarasa and Arter are key players for us. Thought they all had a very good game. Reid should have played a part here.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:27 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:I thoight we where missing something in the final third. We had momentum several times, but seemed to not take advantage of that. I was hoping for Ralls to come of half time, move Camarasa in the middle and put Reid on. Then we go one down, but again we get momentum and we had at that point 60% possession. That is unheard of from Cardiff. We scored a beautiful team goal, pushed on again, but the coaching staff seemed unwilling to adjust and take advantage of that. Ralls still didn’t do much for us, and I think he got 77minutes doing nothing. Watching the game again, I don’t think Zahore did as bad as some make out. But Reid, Camarasa and Arter are key players for us. Thought they all had a very good game. Reid should have played a part here.

Murphy, Camarasa and Arter...

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:31 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:I thoight we where missing something in the final third. We had momentum several times, but seemed to not take advantage of that. I was hoping for Ralls to come of half time, move Camarasa in the middle and put Reid on. Then we go one down, but again we get momentum and we had at that point 60% possession. That is unheard of from Cardiff. We scored a beautiful team goal, pushed on again, but the coaching staff seemed unwilling to adjust and take advantage of that. Ralls still didn’t do much for us, and I think he got 77minutes doing nothing. Watching the game again, I don’t think Zahore did as bad as some make out. But Reid, Camarasa and Arter are key players for us. Thought they all had a very good game. Reid should have played a part here.

I fully agree with u on ralls and camarassa. Ralls hasent played bad or anything,hes done well enough but something has to give and like you say camarassa should be playing in the middle with arter instead of ralls. much more creative and that would make room for reid in the team also then

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:34 pm

dogfound wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

MOST in prem for 14 years and you come up with this billy the milk wins headers against dai the paperboy crap... :roll:

Yes its a good stat but my point is his headers didnt do anything to get us any points. People are banging on about his headers like as if they won us the game, we lost like! I do see a possibility of his headers bein effective up front going forward if someone starts getting on the end of them, maybe try him with reid

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Im having my doubt though that long ball and headers from paterson or anyone up front will win us games and keep us up. It didnt win us a game sunday and i dont think we will have much of a hope in hell in playing that way for the rest of the season actually. Keeping the ball on the deck is the way forward mostly because we will get punished more often than not when we dont have the ball, lumping it to patersons head is basically football suicide

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:09 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Yes its a good stat but my point is his headers didnt do anything to get us any points. People are banging on about his headers like as if they won us the game, we lost like! I do see a possibility of his headers bein effective up front going forward if someone starts getting on the end of them, maybe try him with reid

we were unfortunate to lose Sunday.?
and I went to Bournemouth where Reid played up top and the result of that was none of their players spent more than 2 seconds at a time in their own half.
you do actually have to be in the attacking half to win corners ,dangerous free kicks, win poss back in places which could lead to an attack or benefit from an opponent making a mistake..im not knocking Reid and don't necessarily see it either or between these two....and people were not ..banging on...they were pointing out a stat to people who were knocking him.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:27 pm

dogfound wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

and I went to Bournemouth where Reid played up top and the result of that was none of their players spent more than 2 seconds at a time in their own half.
you do actually have to be in the attacking half to win corners ,dangerous free kicks, win poss back in places which could lead to an attack or benefit from an opponent making a mistake..im not knocking Reid and don't necessarily see it either or between these two....and people were not ..banging on...they were pointing out a stat to people who were knocking him.

Reid played as the main striker against bournemouth and yes it wasnt effective. But is it fair to judge him in that role on one game? I dont think so. But for me he either needs to play as a striker, a secondary striker or a winger. He got guile pace and goal threat so should be playing imo. Warnock spent 1/3 of our budget on him aswell so should be showing more faith in him, i think overall he would be more effective for us in attack rather than paterson in that role but we would need to keep the ball on the deck like bristol did and like the rest of the premiership teams do

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:39 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

Reid played as the main striker against bournemouth and yes it wasnt effective. But is it fair to judge him in that role on one game? I dont think so. But for me he either needs to play as a striker, a secondary striker or a winger. He got guile pace and goal threat so should be playing imo. Warnock spent 1/3 of our budget on him aswell so should be showing more faith in him, i think overall he would be more effective for us in attack rather than paterson in that role but we would need to keep the ball on the deck like bristol did and like the rest of the premiership teams do

you clearly want it all ways..you dont want to judge on one game Bournemouth..but do on one game Burnley...overall the Burnley performance was by far the better...more poss more chances..more everything..
have to say i figured Warnock would buy like for like players { better versions of what we had } not sure where Reid fits in..

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

I fully agree with u on ralls and camarassa. Ralls hasent played bad or anything,hes done well enough but something has to give and like you say camarassa should be playing in the middle with arter instead of ralls. much more creative and that would make room for reid in the team also then

I wouldn’t have Ralls in the startin line up full stop

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:22 pm

Walinoz wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

I wouldn’t have Ralls in the startin line up full stop

I agree mate i think our overall team are starting to suffer because of neil trying his best to accomadate ralls. Ralls has done alright and cant really knock him but i just think we will be a better team without him in it