Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sutton launches scathing live radio attack on Cardiff & Fans

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:34 am

BBC 606 pundit Chris Sutton launches scathing live radio attack on Cardiff City and their fans -

CHRIS SUTTON:

"Cardiff can't score goals, they leak goals, they're not good to watch, they're down."

Monday 1st October 2018

Chris Sutton has said Cardiff City are already down following their painful 2-1 loss to Burnley on Sunday afternoon.

Defeat to the Clarets left Neil Warnock's men in the Premier League's relegation zone without a win to their name from their opening seven matches.

After the match, Warnock suggested Cardiff City would be towards the top of the league of it was based on their superb fans, before bemoaning his side's luck against the Clarets.

But former Celtic, Norwich City and Blackburn Rovers striker Chris Sutton delivered yet another stinging assessment of the Bluebirds' efforts so far this season in which he stated that Cardiff have wasted the luck that has come their way.

Chris Sutton:

"What about top of the league with the fans? The stadium wasn't even full," Sutton said on BBC Radio 5 Live's 606 programme."

"I am a big Neil Warnock fan, but the thing about bad luck is total rubbish. They just aren't good enough to stay in the divison."

"They had the luck against Newcastle when they missed a penalty. They had Huddersfield down to 10 men and couldn't take advantage."

"He spoke earlier on in the season about not knowing his best striker. They can't score goals, they leak goals, they're not good to watch, they're down."

Ahead of the 2018/19 campaign, Sutton boldly predicted that Cardiff would end the season with a record low points tally.

Derby set the record during the 2007/08 season when they amassed only 11 points from their 38 league fixtures, winning just once in the whole campaign.

Sutton went on to have an on air spat with BBC 5 Live presenter and Cardiff fan Jason Mohammad to re-iterate his views on the Bluebirds early on in September.

And following the defeat to Burnley, Sutton called out Mohammad live on air, adding that Cardiff supporters already "know they're relegated".

Chris Sutton:

"I see plenty of sweat, endeavour and effort, but I don't see the quality," added Sutton.

"What's good about Cardiff? Jason Mohammad get in touch. He keeps calling me out.

"They (Cardiff fans) know they're relegated deep down."

Cardiff remain in 19th place with just two points to their name ahead of their next clash with Tottenham at Wembley on Saturday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Sutton launches scathing live radio attack on Cardiff &

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:35 am

Chris Sutton:

"What about top of the league with the fans? The stadium wasn't even full," Sutton said on BBC Radio 5 Live's 606 programme."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:36 am

CHRIS SUTTON:

"I am a big Neil Warnock fan, but the thing about bad luck is total rubbish. They just aren't good enough to stay in the divison."

"They had the luck against Newcastle when they missed a penalty. They had Huddersfield down to 10 men and couldn't take advantage."

"He spoke earlier on in the season about not knowing his best striker. They can't score goals, they leak goals, they're not good to watch, they're down."

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:39 am

that a cheap shot....quality over quantity any day :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top 6 clubs got the best fans in the land because there's more of them? think again Sutts :oops:

Can't argue about the football though

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:59 am

Just ignore the idiot his point about the fans shows he is just on the windup as so far we have one the highest average attendances compared to max capacity in the league.

Like I said before on here he will have egg on his face soon enough. We are not a very good side but neither are about 7 other teams in this league. Best league in the world nonsense that gets branded around is just that nonsense.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:04 am

God he HATES us does Sutton :laughing5:

Can't disagree though, most fans know he's talking sense, we play horrible football, we are crap in defence cause Mozza is sussed out and we have no striker.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:18 am

Obviously doesn't like us.

Unfortunately by a bigger prick in Jason Mohammad.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:32 am

here we go with the "he doesn't like us" and the "he's an idiot".....he made a prediction at the start of the season, saying we'd finish bottom and with less points than derby, at the time he said it was tongue in cheek, but since then he gets constantly called out about it. now all he is doing is telling the media and the world I am right. and can anyone on here honestly see us avoiding relegation, finishing above any team. I am not being negative but realist, he is right, we cant say we lost because of luck, we just are not good enough, worse teams have stayed up, look at Huddersfield last season. at the moment, I think most fans are realistic in the fact we wont survive, our ONLY aim now, is to try and surpass the derby tally so we don't end up with the new record low. but where will our first win come from.

yes we really did play well yesterday, and had chance after chance after chance, but when you got the manager saying "zohore needs to show it in training" suggesting the lad cant be arsed, and then gets to start ahead of the guys who are working hard. you got a full back, who played in midfield last season and was our top league goal scorer with 10 goals, and he ends up playing off the striker, you really do start scratching your head....

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:39 am

Hope I see him walking through Grangetown, I'd punch his f*cking lights out. He didn't exactly set the world alight when he played. Like to see him manage a club in the Premier League. Probably wouldn't pick up ANY points :wave:

Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:42 am

An attention seeker

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Loves to be controversial, does Sutton.

Alan Smith on Sky said he was surprised how many fans turned up considering the match was on TV, we’re in bad form and we weren’t playing a big team.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:05 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Loves to be controversial, does Sutton.

Alan Smith on Sky said he was surprised how many fans turned up considering the match was on TV, we’re in bad form and we weren’t playing a big team.

I was as well

Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:11 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Loves to be controversial, does Sutton.

I was as well

And the commentators on sky mentioned the excellent atmosphere plenty of times! Sounded a hell of a lot louder than at much larger stadiums.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:48 pm

I listened to the prick whilst driving home from the game. What an attention seeker? And to criticise the support is shocking. This clown clearly doesn't understand the meaning of passion & loyalty (his professional career proves this) and has probably never paid to see a game. The idiot clearly didn't realise the empty seats were in fact the away end. Talks complete bollocks too stating what a great managers Mourino and Dyche are whilst mocking Warnock.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:02 pm

I don’t know why people are getting upset over his comments, he’s just trying to wind people up to generate some debate on the radio. As for the empty seats, he’s right and they weren’t just in the away end. Did anybody else, hear Boyd ring in and say professional footballers are pretty dumb and Sutton was to slow to pick up on it as he was being wound up. I think it was Boyd Clackett, who also had a go at Robbie Savage.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:23 pm

There wasn’t many empty seats in the home end. And let’s get this right Warnock was going on about the fans that were in the ground creating one hell of an atmosphere. Not the amount of fans in there.
Also 30.000 City fans make more noise than 40.000 Chelsea or 70.000 manure fans. It’s the shear passion of our fans not numbers.
Sutton is a complete clown. Why doesn’t he come to one of our games and see our support for himself ?

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:16 pm

Can someone tell Sutton that we more or less sold out of Home tickets,the empty seats were at the away end where little Burnley only sold a couple of hundred tickets.How the hell are they in the Premier League? Pity we didn’t sign Sam Vokes,he made our centre backs look like cart horses!

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Boyd Clack , went over thief heads- very funny imo asis the suggestion we should have signed Vokes Onwards and upwards - it’s been worse down the City - remember the Brussel Slade days SLADEOUt!

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 pm

I listened to the clown driving home and an Arsenal fan pulled him up on the lack of respect.

It was deliberately provoking but came across as playground insulting demonstrating none of the "windup" tongue in cheek skills of the professional broadcasters on talksport.

It sounded deep and nasty and unfortunately for Mr Sutton we have enough idiots who will take this personally.........

Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:39 pm

I thought the Arsenal supporter spoke very well. As for the presenter just thought he sounded like a very poor wind up merchant.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:59 pm

I think we need to face the fact that Warnock isn't going to succeed in the Premiership and say thank you for all he has done, but rapidly move on, with the likes of Bellers in charge. The only way we are going to survive is by playing more possession football and players like Arter, Camarasa and Murphy can thrive this way. By his own admission Warnock doesn't know how to sort out our defensive problems. We've got to change before it's too late

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:25 pm

Tbf he's not wrong, is he? I think some on here need thicker skin.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Sutton is a gobby Wanker cant watch him and savage both big heads and just average players . clearly doesn't like us that's fine as I hate him rather watch sky with decent players who still say we will go down but not with glee and happy about it like Sutton and savage

Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 am

Hate Sutton he’s a prick.
But it pains me to say it he right about the empty seats noticed at the game and when I watched when I got home looked even worse random empty seats all over the place. Sad to see.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:45 am

I don’t know why most on here are getting so riled ... “I’d punch his lights out” ...... :lol:
I think he’s spot on but I have to say I thought our fans were amazing on Sunday. Credit to the Canton as they were very loud and constant in their singing and support!
Looking at things from a pundit or a neutral persons view, Sutton is correct.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:08 am

He's a tool don't rise to him!

Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:44 am

Never listen to pundits.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:20 pm

Always been a total prick. No time for him at all.